Work light, 1x18650 + Tailstand

pinetree89

Enlightened
I need recommendations for a good work light. Here's my requirements:

- 1x18650. I love 18650 for their runtime and have pretty well standardized on this cell.

- Must tailstand. I crawl in and under a lot of tight spaces and tailstanding is very useful to me.

- Biased toward flood, rather than throw.

- At least around 200 lumens with lower modes available.

- The more compact the better. I pocket carry the light.

- Also a clip, I really like to clip the light on my front pocket.

- Anti roll features are very nice, but not a show stopper.

- Twisty/clicky/soft button. Don't care like them all.

- Budget: Under $100 would be nice but not set in stone.

Here's what I have:
Zebralight SC600- A great light, love it, but the bezel is just a tad too big for pocket carrying.
Quark 123^2 and 123^2 X: Just about perfect all around but no 18650 support except for that discontinued Rube Goldberg affair they used to sell.
Fenix E35: Just about the closest thing I have so far to perfect, but no pocket clip and a bit too throwy with it's XP-E.
Fenix PD32: Great all around light but no tailstand.

Is there any hope for me or am I chasing the dragon?

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eagletac D25LC2

Will be over 100, but a Malkoff MD2 with a hi/lo, M61F, and a clip.

Solarforce L2/L2m/L2t with a Nailbender or Vin dropin set as you want.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
See if you can get a Fenix PD31 - it's discontinued but you might still be able to find a few for sale if you look for them.
If not, you might want to take a look at the Nitecore MT2C: from what I understand it can tailstand find even being a forward clicky.
Both are XP-G R5 so not as floody as an XM-L but at least the PD31 I have it and has a good balance of flood and throw - should be similar to the PD32 in that respect.
If not the Eagletac D25LC2 mentioned by Vortus would be another option and is available with XM-L too.

pinetree89

Enlightened
Eagletac D25LC2

Will be over 100, but a Malkoff MD2 with a hi/lo, M61F, and a clip.

Solarforce L2/L2m/L2t with a Nailbender or Vin dropin set as you want.

The EagleTac is a great suggestion. I have an L2 and an L2T, but find them a little big for pocket carry. The MD2 appears a little too big as well.

pinetree89

Enlightened
See if you can get a Fenix PD31 - it's discontinued but you might still be able to find a few for sale if you look for them.
If not, you might want to take a look at the Nitecore MT2C: from what I understand it can tailstand find even being a forward clicky.
Both are XP-G R5 so not as floody as an XM-L but at least the PD31 I have it and has a good balance of flood and throw - should be similar to the PD32 in that respect.
If not the Eagletac D25LC2 mentioned by Vortus would be another option and is available with XM-L too.

PD31 could be a great option. Everytime I've looked though they seem to be fetching scalpers prices. Perhaps I should look a little harder.

Yet another suggestion for the D25LC2, this may be the one.

pinetree89

Enlightened

This looks interesting too. Can it tailstand? I have a Xeno E03 with XP-G, great light for the price. My dislikes were the levels were all really close to each other. In looking at the specs I can't seem to find the S3A's output other than being listed as Med - Low - High. Anybody know where they fall?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
From what I've read, Shiningbeam's lights are good for the price. There are coupons for some stores that might help in the CPF marketplace.

The Eagletac is recommended pretty often, so it should be a nice light as well.

The Fenix E35 might also work. The beam could be a bit narrow though.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the SC600 is too big you can still get the SC60 direct from ZL for $69. I carry mine every dar and love it.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the S-mini and Eagletac D25LC2. I believe that they would both fit your requiments. There has been some problems with tail standing the D25LC2. Some are wobbly and Eagletac are aware of this. There are no problems with mine. The S-mini has no issues with tail standing and it has three modes with memory.

Danielight

Enlightened
I do run a 17670 in the quark, but 1600mAh is almost half the capacity of a 3100mAH 18650. I'd like little more burn time.

Can the D25LC2 Clicky tailstand? This could be a good option.
I purchased my D25LC2 as a twisty, and it can tailstand. I converted it to a clicky, and it will tailstand, but the rubber clicky switch protrudes just slightly so it's not quite as stable as with the original twisty battery tube.