WormVN - Limited Run, 11 Only

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
Almost forgot about the worm! NOT! Glad to see you're on it Vinh. Very anxious to wrap my fingers around it. :crackup:OK you dirty minded foo's, that's not what I meant.

tinkerhell

Newly Enlightened
Yeah me too. I'm hoping this will be done about the same time my TN36UTvn is done so he can ship em at the same time. One package means less explanation to the wife.
LOL

vinhnguyen54

Flashaholic
CPFBA
I am not very happy with the way the Worm finish turns out. I think I messed it up by not letting it dry wet...There are spots on the finish...THis is not good.

vinhnguyen54

Flashaholic
CPFBA
I am not very happy with the way the Worm finish turns out. I think I messed it up by not letting it dry wet...There are spots on the finish...THis is not good.

I think I have to order 10 new ones redo. I think I know where I messed up. I have to dry it right away after I quench it but I didn't. I let it sat wet. This messes up the finish....

Sorry this sucks..

If anyone want a refund they can request it now. Otherwise I will re-order and redo...

Last edited:

vinhnguyen54

Flashaholic
CPFBA
Oh that sucks!
Are they THAT bad?

Yah they are. Once the color locked in its very hard to remove. I didn't know I have to dry it right after I quench it. I always just do it right away but I didn't know it's a must. I was too busy trying to get the right color to tirn out so I just quench and sat them wet. The top dry perfext as the photo shows. The bottom has water spots. :-(

Just order 10 more last night. I think I will sand blast these bad ones for a differnt look. Took really long to heat treat too.

tinkerhell

Newly Enlightened
Dang that stinks.
Now you're REALLY not going to do any more AAA lights huh.

Can you post a pic of the bottom?

lumentia

Enlightened
Polish will not work. Once "cured" The color is set...
chuck them up in your drill press and spin them , then use some 320 to 600 grit sandpaper to polish off the finish. Should come right off. The faster you spin it the better the finish. If you want, I could fix them for you.

I wasn't aware you need to quench in water to get the color. Have you tried not quenching them, just heat them less?

Last edited:

tinkerhell

Newly Enlightened
chuck them up in your drill press and spin them , then use some 320 to 600 grit sandpaper to polish off the finish. Should come right off.

This is kinda why I was asking to see what they look like. Mine is going on a keychain and get get banged and bumped.
My prometheous light is in terrible shape after a year. Still works great.
As pretty as they might be (have been) it probably won't be a big deal for me.

Flashy808

Enlightened
I think I have to order 10 new ones redo. I think I know where I messed up. I have to dry it right away after I quench it but I didn't. I let it sat wet. This messes up the finish....

Sorry this sucks..

If anyone want a refund they can request it now. Otherwise I will re-order and redo...

Oh that's such a pity. Glad that you're willing to fix things up, I can't say the same for everyone ;).

Maybe you could fix it up. You might as well try as it would be a waste not to. Otherwise, just a question in general, what do manufacturers normally do with the defects then?

There still operational aren't they, but I guess the Worm was meant for look so it would be a disappointment :).

Hope you are able to fix the problem. :)