worst movie ever and best movie ever

bigcozy

Enlightened
Re: worst movie ever

You guys aren't even in the ballpark. "Silent Tongue" directed by Sam Shepard, a Western about a dead Indian woman. My brother rented that like five years ago and we still jump his *** about it all the time.

I DARE you to watch that crap.

raggie33

*the raggedier*

i edited title to include ya faverite movie to. my fav would have to be ..batterys not included .. its kinda corny and also the firct vaction movie with chevy chase there are other movies but the aint comeing to me

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mummy's Curse. If there weren't copious amounts of topless Egyptian serving wenches in it...it could possibly have been worse.

Wilkey

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast

My favorite movie is American Grafitti. I've seen it at least 60 times. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

I don't believe I've ever seen the worst movie. Some silly Miami Hustle or something like that with Kathy Ireland in it. She is fine to look at, but needs her mouth sewn shut! GOD what an iritating voice!

And best? Too many good ones to pick one! Maybe Young Frankenstein?

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast

God, no! Don't sew her mouth shut!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

Recently "Legally Blonde II" was rented in a group of 5 over a weekend. Don't even try. It is painful to the brain. It is so painful that clips of "Weekend with Bernie" can be used as a pain killer.

Silviron: "Vigilante Force" ? Wow. My two least favorite actors in one movie. Whew! I missed that one.

Speaking of pain...GJW you hurt me with that one because I just had to Google out that painful movie that lost its' focus because a mentally disturbed sreen writer decided that a rape-o-bot would be accepted as a nod to '60s pulp fiction. I think it was "Saturn 3".

SYNOPSIS
Two alternative food researchers (Farrah Fawcett and Kirk Douglas) stationed in the rings off Saturn work in romantic and professional bliss until their perfect lives are disrupted by the intrusion of Benson (Harvey Keitel), sent to speed up the scientists' work.

Remember? Payback, man.

OK, to be nice, it had its' own pain killer...a 1979 Farrah Fawcett taking her top off...every '70s boy's dream.

DieselDave

Super Moderator,

2 of my least liked movies were in 2000 and I only bring them up because they were nominated for an Academy Award as Best Picture. I thought they were terrible so I guess that shows what I know.

1. Chocolat
2. Traffic

Best movie of 2000; Gladiator and it deservingly won best picture.

JanCPF

Enlightened

Here is a good source for what most people think is the worst and
best films. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Jan

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

I happen to like Mission to Mars alot. Probably cause I actually understand it.

The point is that tastes in films and TV series vary widely.

I would rather base this on how well made (or lack thereof) a film is. I detest the usual fare (dramas, etc.).

I also detest producers that disrespect authors, particularly Tom Clancy (Sum of All Fears). I made the mistake of buying that on DVD and found out how deep the disrespect goes. Gave it away after watching the special stuff that is only on DVD. I made an oath that I would never buy another Tom Clancy movie, though I love his books.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

No movie EVER does justice to the book. Only way to do it is see the movie first!

Millenium, Kris Kristoferson, and Blond ??? (brain fart) was a crappy movie, but a GOOD read!

The Hunt For Red October, much MUCH better book!

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

Do justice to a book? Not in the case of Tom Clancy's. Totally trash the main character by making him into something he isn't.

Jack Ryan starts as a History teacher at the US Naval Academy, then becomes an Intelligence Analyst in the CIA's Intelligence Directorate (DI). Then becomes DDI, then Deputy Director, Central Intelligence (DDCI), leaves government service and gets brought back as National Security Advisor. At the end of Debt of Honor, he barely becomes approved as Vice President, when he is suddenly the President of The United States.

I don't have Eye of the Tiger yet, so I don't know about the after the presidency part.

He was never a CIA agent, let alone a Field Officer.

The Jack Ryan series of books is a very complex tale that can't be properly told in films when the producers disrespect the author by trashing the main character and reworking things with their own political agenda.

For this reason, I declare Sum of All Fears as the worst film ever made. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif

gregw45

Newly Enlightened

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif Metalstorm - The Destruction of Jared-Syn /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast

Best Movie? Hmm, that one I'd have to think about, and even then I'd probably have to have two or three.

Worst: Hmm (Will stick to reasonably recent ones, or I'll end up listing a few hundred), would have to be between D&D or Reign of Fire, in both cases though, there's more personal reasons for disliking them than the actual film itself.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

I can't think of too much worse than Alec Baldwin as the President! Besides Ryan ain't nowhere NEAR that Left Wing in the books!

And Clancy books are FIRST CLASS reading!

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast

Best movie : 2001 a space odysses. Technically so advanced for its day, it still hasnt dated much (to me anyway). Its amazing when you watch it and realize it was released a year before man stepped foot on the moon.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

Jack Ryan is neither Left nor Right Wing. He is an Independent and believes in doing what actually works, rather than blindly following some Political Idiotology.

I never mentioned an actor, either, since each film has had a different actor for the part.

This is the reason for my mega-rant and declaration, above.