WTB... A gum protector/case

GiveMeLight

Newly Enlightened
I hope this is the right forum. (I consider this a gadget even though I don't think it exists) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
3"x1.5"x1" or a shade smaller. Someone needs to invent one with a flip top lid or something. I carry gum in a bag or pocket (15 stick) and the pack gets crushed or deformed and the glue holding the paper sleeves comes unstuck and all the sticks fall from the pack. Messy! (I'm frustrated, does it show?)
I want a case to hold one pack of gum (15stick). Heck, I'd buy several or more if such a case existed!

So, who's going to fabricate and sell me some? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Gabe

BF Hammer

Enlightened
An old prescription pill bottle might work. They are pretty crush proof and come in a variety of sizes. I like to peel off the labels and save mine for a variety of storage solutions.

Shanghaied

Newly Enlightened
Years ago I had a metal gum case with slide-on lid and keyring that was a bit bigger than a pack of gum, and that was a promo item from a chewing gum company. Maybe you can find something silmilar.

neogoon

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
GiveMeLight said:
I hope this is the right forum. (I consider this a gadget even though I don't think it exists) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
3"x1.5"x1" or a shade smaller. Someone needs to invent one with a flip top lid or something. I carry gum in a bag or pocket (15 stick) and the pack gets crushed or deformed and the glue holding the paper sleeves comes unstuck and all the sticks fall from the pack. Messy! (I'm frustrated, does it show?)
I want a case to hold one pack of gum (15stick). Heck, I'd buy several or more if such a case existed!

So, who's going to fabricate and sell me some? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Gabe

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy; no need to reinvent the wheel. Just go to Starbucks and buy some of their after-coffee gum, which comes in a cool-looking flip-top tin (they have a few different kinds)

Won't quite get 15 sticks in there; this pic is larger than life -- the real dimensions are about 3.25" x 1.25" x .75"

starbucks_acgpepp.jpg

Alternately, an Altoids Gum container will work, it's side-hinged, slightly larger, though with a curved bottom:

shoppe_gum.jpg

Also, when you get tired of the Altoids gum container, you can mod it into a case or battery back for your ipod Shuffle.