Sold/Expired WTB - Brass Cub

F250XLT

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry! Not gonna happen.

I am just curious because most of the photos show no tarnish (except for the rightmost cub in Shuter's photo). So unless they are old photos, taken when the lights were new, the cubs have a remarkable lack of tarnish.

You just wipe it down with Brasso, or something similar....it is not "RocketScience" :D

S

shuter

Enlightened
You just wipe it down with Brasso, or something similar....it is not "RocketScience" :D

I polished one of mine with a polishing wheel and light rouge to remove all the machining marks and create a mirror finish. Brass is soft and is easy to work with. I did the same thing with one of my Brass LionHeads so I have a matching pair. The other original Cub I left alone, retaining the tarnish or "patina."

If you just want to polish the brass to remove tarnish, I would also recommend Brasso. Just be sure to remove all traces of the Brasso with warm water and soft cloth after polishing.

Last edited:
arewethereyetdad

arewethereyetdad

Moderator,
Yep, you just want to be sure not to get too much Brasso in the knurls because it's a b%$^& to clean. I use a brass polishing cloth. Less liquid to mess with. I use a Cape Cod Metal Polishing Cloth. Cleans and polishes and, according to the package, has a "pleasant vanilla fragrance." :D Found in most hardware stores. Contains two 4" x 6" pre-moistened cloths.