Sold/Expired WTB McGizmo WARM Haiku XP-G

Sniperboy

Newly Enlightened
I am interested in trying out a Haiku XP-G in WARM.
McGizmo apparently released some 4000K 'warm' XP-G Haikus.

Stock lights as built by Don only please (pass on the cool tints).
Not interested in modified lights with swapped out LEDs.

3 volt (1 CR123 single cel body only), will consider a head only transaction.
Thanks for looking and feel free to contact me via PM.

Last edited:

Sniperboy

Newly Enlightened
It was apparently a 'special' run. Don had a few LEDs he wanted to offer to clear inventory. Some liked it but apparently, many did not care for it, I was hoping to snag a stock specimen to examine before all the modders get their hands on them rendering them extinct :).

gunga

Flashaholic
I have one, that is modded now with Nichia 219. Are you interested in just the LED? It's an R4 5B1. Can send it to you if you really just want to try out the LED?

Sniperboy

Newly Enlightened
Thanks very much for the kind offer Gunga but at this point the original 4000K temp LED and the light being stock (unmodified) is important to me.

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had one. Traded the LE to Gunga. That's the LED he's offering. Trust me you loose nothing by swapping a cool led to a neutral one. The original LED tint isn't anymore or less impressive than my other 4000K temp lights. Scoring ANY XP-G Haiku and upgrading to a 4000k XP-G2 will put a smile on your face, but I can understand the desire for unmolested as well. Good luck on your hunt!

grayhighh

Enlightened
I have one. And it's my fav version of haiku. Warn tint with great throw. Hope you will find one soon.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sniperboy - if you are set on a un-modded one that is fine, but the warm version is just a neutral LED. I've upgraded mine to a XP-G2 5B4 Neutral and it is significantly brighter with a beautiful beam and tint. If you keep you options open you may have a quicker search.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes - I've bought several WARM Haikus from Don over the past few years. They are neutral tint XP-Gs. I would place them in the 4D range - but definitely not warm. Don't forget that Don seems to prefer the cooler tints and only made a small amount of neutral for those who ask. In conversation with him I was told that the demand for the warms was less than he had hoped for. LED swaps are trivial and I would hope that would never prevent anyone from buying a particular light that is awesome in all regards except for tint.

I also wouldn't be too picky when posting a WTB for a XP-G Haiku because Don is out of the XP-G mPCB for the Haiku's and there will be no more produced. I wouldn't be surprised if a premium starts to be required for these lights as they get rarer. I personally prefer the XP-G to the XM-L in the Haiku, but that is a purely personal preference.

I also have swapped the driver in mine to a GDuP from Wayne at the Shoppe because I prefer a different range of levels than Don does. I have mine set for 10, 220 and 900 mA. There are several threads on the driver swap if you do some searching.

Anyway - my apologies to the OP because I don't want to take away from his WTB thread. I just encourage him to be open to any offers that come his way. I'd be happy to do the LED swap for the OP at a minimal cost of parts plus shipping.

Sniperboy

Newly Enlightened
Thank you so much for the insight and especially for your kind offer CrazyDiamond : )
I am new to the intricacies of high end lights but have some experience with other modded items of interest. Its just a policy of mine that unless I am 100% sure of the configuration I want I would prefer to start with a stock specimen.

Thanks for reading.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a fine policy to take as at least you know you are starting with a stock item and any changes from that point forward are your choosing - I have gone that route many times myself. On the other hand, there is the possibility of saving a few buck going on a modded light - although, when i think about it, the higher end lights (especially when modded) tend to go for as much if not more than they originally sold for.

I think i saw a 2AA McGizmo Haiku XPG pop up in the BST thread to day - have a look.