Sold/Expired WTB: solid copper host

D

Dr Evil

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to purchase a solid copper host if any exist. I already know it is expensive and all that other stuff. I have a thing for copper and will gladly pay the higher cost over aluminum. A simple design is fine. The ability to take P60 style modules and a 26650 battery is even better.

The_Driver

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Macs custom tri-edc is available in copper, 300$ IIRC

J

Jetpowered

Newly Enlightened
Macs custom tri-edc is available in copper, 300$ IIRC

Yes it is, and it is amazing!!

http://macscustoms.com/TriEDC.aspx

P1050476-vi.jpg

Last edited:
The_Driver

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think he should go all the way and make a high-powered version, where the emitters are reflow-soldered to the heatsink, it would make a lot of sense in a full-copper host

fyrstormer

fyrstormer

Banned
Talk to TnC. They make a titanium 26650 P60-compatible host. I'm sure they could make a copper version as well, since copper is softer and easier to cut.

D

Dr Evil

Newly Enlightened
Is the TnC website zknives.com? I'll have to wait until I leave work to check that website. It is blocked here.

psychbeat

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think he should go all the way and make a high-powered version, where the emitters are reflow-soldered to the heatsink, it would make a lot of sense in a full-copper host

+1
that would be SICK
not enough overdriven reflow options out there
Id like to see an XML reflowed onto a big chunka copper p60 module

scottyhazzard

scottyhazzard

Enlightened
I would like to see an E size running an X-ML pushed at 2 to 2.8 amps off of a 14500 or 16500 IMR. Nice and pocketable. I was told by someone here on CPF that the copper is more difficult to work with than Ti. Aparently it dulls the bits faster, or I'm gullable. Probably both.

Last edited:
fyrstormer

fyrstormer

Banned
I'm pretty sure those emitters ARE soldered onto their heatsink board.

The_Driver

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm pretty sure those emitters ARE soldered onto their heatsink board.

They are soldered to a PCB. What I meant was soldering them directly to the copper body of the light like Lambda does with his varapower lights.

D

Dr Evil

Newly Enlightened
I sent a message to Macs a couple days ago. Still haven't heard anything from them though. The XML 26650 looks nice. I just now sent a message to TnC to see what they say. Hopefully one or both places will respond.

mohanjude

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Tri EDC in several metals - titanium, aluminium, copper and brass.

The brass is quite heavy and really sags the pocket I am carrying it in. It is also relatively soft and dings easily. Not trying to put you off. It is nice to look at and keep on the shelf but not so sure if it is very practical. I also find that the copper light gets very hot quickly which is probably a good things as it is conducting the heat away from the LE but not so much fun if you are holding it on full power for a while.

C

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sent a message to Macs a couple days ago. Still haven't heard anything from them though. The XML 26650 looks nice. I just now sent a message to TnC to see what they say. Hopefully one or both places will respond.

I can do a solid copper 26650 but 1 3/8 copper is $120 a foot. The cost would be more than the Titanium version.

Mac

T

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
The solid copper host 26650 I make would use 1-1/2" Diameter copper. Even more expensive... Even though the battery tube is smaller it would cost more to purchase two different diameters.

Chris