• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTB: Surefire z54 matte black e series twisty tailcap

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a flat black z61 clicky, but that's not what you're seeking.

bwJJ2X1_d.jpg

2k20kci_d.jpg

I, too, prefer the z52/z54 LOTC twisties. And it is disturbing how much even the "common" HA z52 cost these days. I don't understand how the inflation of the old parts benefits Surefire, because if they wanted to, Surefire could obliterate that market by simply producing supply for demand. And I suspect these parts are not rare, just hoarded (well, the piece you're looking for sounds like unobtanium, my condolences). Just boils my blood that someone wants $65 for something they probably got for free as a warranty replacement from Surefire, that probably cost Surefire $15 to produce (after development was paid for, probably more like $5, or less). We are being taken advantage of; eBay sellers, at least, are preying on our desire for innocent distraction. And the Elite heads, omg, I will never be able to purchase another SF. It's Malkoff Devices and Lumens Factory parts for me from here on out. At least I got what I got when I did, just wish my interest had started about 14 years earlier, when E Series first appeared, and I was rolling in dough.

Now patents have expired, why aren't these pieces being counterfeited more widely? If a counterfeit is identical materials and appearance, then I just don't care it's a counterfeit, because Surefire no longer produces, so it isn't hurting their bottom line, the morality of it is less of a concern. I guess machinists are making too much money now to be bothered with it.

Last edited:

muichimon

Newly Enlightened
The E1e Black listed on yahoo auctions last year may have been a Z54 in matte black. I had added it to my watch list because the body was a flat logo version, which is very rare, but I gave up on it because it was bid up to a high price.

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
@michaex,

I can't really tell from the picture. This one is tricky! I have my reservations since I don't believe SF ever released a matte Z54 packaged individually...

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
z53's readily available, strangely, and only about a 100% markup, unless they were actually free. A difference of only 1, but it's night and day. So close, and yet so very very far. :/

buickid

Enlightened
Just curious, what is the destiny of this elusive part once you find it? Going on a light that's missing its tailcap, or just collecting rare parts? :)

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
z53's readily available, strangely, and only about a 100% markup, unless they were actually free. A difference of only 1, but it's night and day. So close, and yet so very very far. :/
Yep...so funny since gunmetal grey e series lights are pretty rare also lol

Just curious, what is the destiny of this elusive part once you find it? Going on a light that's missing its tailcap, or just collecting rare parts? :)
It is a big surprise! :ROFLMAO:

Jokes aside, the Z52 form factor has always been my favorite. In this scenario, I just want it since it is so difficult to get, if it is even possible!
@euroken if at some point we'll get a sunny day here, I'll try to take a better photo!
I would greatly appreciate this if you have a moment! Fingers crossed!

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
the Z52 form factor has always been my favorite. In this scenario, I just want it since it is so difficult to get, if it is even possible!
omg
I just assumed you had a matte black E2e. In my imagination it was 3 flats and unpatented. I, too, seriously dig z52, Would not mind a collection of 100 of them,

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
omg
I just assumed you had a matte black E2e. In my imagination it was 3 flats and unpatented. I, too, seriously dig z52, Would not mind a collection of 100 of them,
Lol, not yet I don't. I wouldn't mind finding it as a whole e2e light either though.