Sold/Expired WTB/WTT: Regulated Incandescent 2x18650/26650 *or* 3x18650/26650

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I rarely buy lights, and when I do, they are either bought with the express intent to be modified, or, the parts are purchased to be assembled into something truly unique. What I do not have, and what I wish for, is a regulated incandescent. I missed out on the regulated incandescent drivers when they were available, even though I knew, at some point, they would become unobtainable. From experience, I know we all have lights that get used/loved to a greater or lesser extent. This solicitation was created in the hopes of finding someone who has something either turnkey and ready to go, or, something that can be installed into my waiting hosts. Here is what I want/have in mind:

1) Cell Type and Count

2x18650, 2x26650 and/or 3x18650, 3x26650

Running LiCo cells in series always makes me a little nervous, but, using protected cells eases the worry a little bit.

2) Lumens

I am looking for between 120 and 180 white lumens.

3) Host

I have a lovely fivemega 3x26650 host standing on its tail right here, which could be shortened to accommodate just two cells. It accepts a "D" head and switch assembly.

If something turnkey were available, that would also work.

I also have plenty of Maglite "C" hosts which fit 26mm diameter cells.

4) Runtime

Since physics isn't going anywhere, for between 120 and 180 white lumens, I am guessing three to four hours is the most I can get from 3x26650 cells.

5) Bulbs/Bulb Types

I want to run something easily obtainable, cheap, and plentiful. I don't want to have to go hunting for something that relies on just one boutique retailer. I have no problem with using reflectorized bulbs.

6) Beam Profile

Something between flood and throw, good for hiking in the woods. I have LED flashlights to use on the streets when I want a lot of lumens. I don't need more than 120 to 180 for hiking in the woods. This is an "atmosphere" light, and I want that "authentic" incandescent beam.

7) Other Thoughts

Being able to run MR11 means never having to worry about beam artifacts. I have a black 3D Mag sitting right here, and plenty of Maglite "C" hosts as well. I don't fully trust manufacturers not to cut off the supply of 26650 LiCo cells if it is no longer profitable to make them/release them to the general public, so, going 18650 does have a certain appeal, though the longer runtime of using 26650 is undeniable. Whiteness of tint is important to me, but, so is runtime. I much prefer the narrower circumference the 26mm diameter hosts have to offer, whether that is a "C" Maglite or my fivemega host.

I disabled PM, but, my email is easy enough to find. I'll keep an eye on this thread for thoughts/suggestions. If you have something to offer, I encourage you to post here first so that others may benefit. I'm tired and my camera is in the car, but, I'll dig up some goodies for potential trade in the coming days and weeks and post them to offer in exchange. As always, cash is king: If you have something special, shoot me a line.

Thank you!

Items for Trade:

1) Surefire M3LT COMBATLIGHT

Comes with giant head, labeled "KX9T".

or,

2) Sealed 5C Maglite

Blister pack may show some damage and will be faded yellow/brown from UV exposure. Light has not been removed from package.

Last edited:

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would also like to buy some of these:

Link

Who has some stippled aluminum reflectors they would be willing to part with?

I'd like something without a huge bulb opening, i.e., enough for a Magnum Star II bi-pin bulb or potted bulb, but not a giant hole made for the "super" bulbs. Top dollar paid! :)

thslw8jg

Enlightened
FM has the bi-focal m*g reflector and the deep m*g reflector with the smaller bulb opening in his sales thread. All the m*g reflectors I have from Kaidomain have the larger bulb opening for the Sylvania bulbs.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply.

Those are not stippled; they appear to be smooth. :-(

I know these are out there; it's just a matter of finding them.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two items for trade added to initial post:

1) Surefire M3LT COMBATLIGHT

Comes with giant head, labeled "KX9T".

or,

2) Sealed 5C Maglite

Blister pack may show some damage and will be faded yellow/brown from UV exposure. Light has not been removed from package.

—still looking to trade for/purchase someone's regulated incandescent light.

Latest posts