• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTS: BC30vn - Bicycle Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
I want one!!! Sign me up! But a few questions: Will only the turbo/pressure switch modes be bumped up? As Id like the long run time of 5hrs on the lower modes, and then just use the instant Burst on downhill ect. Will you be doing anything to improve durability or is it ok in this regard? Is the bar clamp good? I have seen great lights let down by a bad clap, lezyne's Flagship mega/deca drive is let down by a bad clamp... Other than that I think I really want one!!! Engraved of course if possible? Depending on how I get on with this I may also place an order for a M2500 to serve as extra headlight for depth precetion and the extra power needed on downhill. Its been a while since I have had a light off you so can you inform me of the current payment method. Cheers!

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
Oh how do we go about obtaining extra bike mounts? I checked fenix UK but they dont stock them, I have more than one bike...and these things can always break?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: Best Bicycle Light - Coming Soon :)

How much brighter from stock? Was run time increased?

Current bump just .5A so I am guessing may be 50-100 lumen bump. Current boost never increase runtime.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I want one!!! Sign me up! But a few questions: Will only the turbo/pressure switch modes be bumped up? As Id like the long run time of 5hrs on the lower modes, and then just use the instant Burst on downhill ect. Will you be doing anything to improve durability or is it ok in this regard? Is the bar clamp good? I have seen great lights let down by a bad clap, lezyne's Flagship mega/deca drive is let down by a bad clamp... Other than that I think I really want one!!! Engraved of course if possible? Depending on how I get on with this I may also place an order for a M2500 to serve as extra headlight for depth precetion and the extra power needed on downhill. Its been a while since I have had a light off you so can you inform me of the current payment method. Cheers!

All modes slightly bump. This light has greta build quality. I am not sure what else to improve. The clamp looks great. Engrave is always an option.

Email me for payment instruction.

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
I'm currently undecided, as nothing against vihn, no his work is superb, however just thinking due to use it may end up needing to be repaired,(although unlikely its nice to have peace of mind, I'm thinking in terms of reflector damage ect) so having the warranty/option to send it in for repair might be more valuable than a slight current bump, just want to say this is nothing against vihn, I'd buy his lights without hesitation.

I may take it I may not, if someone jumps in and grabs the last one no biggie to me.

Spankone, I see ur YouTube channel, will you be reviewing this too? I just subbed as it look like a good hi quality channel! And what do you mean there quick release, think I missed that? Not showing on UK fenix store.

spankone

Enlightened
I'm currently undecided, as nothing against vihn, no his work is superb, however just thinking due to use it may end up needing to be repaired,(although unlikely its nice to have peace of mind, I'm thinking in terms of reflector damage ect) so having the warranty/option to send it in for repair might be more valuable than a slight current bump, just want to say this is nothing against vihn, I'd buy his lights without hesitation.

I may take it I may not, if someone jumps in and grabs the last one no biggie to me.

Spankone, I see ur YouTube channel, will you be reviewing this too? I just subbed as it look like a good hi quality channel! And what do you mean there quick release, think I missed that? Not showing on UK fenix store.

Thanks for the sub and kind words. The light only arrived this week so it'll take a few weeks until the review is up.

The alb-10 flashlight mount has the same bar clamp as the bc30 so if you misplace or brake it you can get it replaced.

u8udunus.jpg

3ybe2yme.jpg

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
I'm sure vihn would look after you.

I Don't doubt it, I know his customer service is second to none, is just the use that this light will be going through, and some things even he can't fix, such as the optics, which is likely as its a bar mounted light, that and I'm over the pond in the UK.

Ooh undecided.

Edit: thanks for the info, wow this dose look good even better in the flesh than in the fenix slideshows!

Yhea I think I was like your 200th sub I have no idea why you have so few with such great videos and content, I really found your loo review funny lol!

Have you got the mega drive? I ask as I notice this looks similar but I think this is the better option at first glance, lezyne lights are pretty damed good over all and I have handled most at a open night at my local club, however the mega drive was plagued with reports of bad mounting, and I can see why, it is not a light light, lol its a pretty hefty chunk of aluminium!

This looks a bit smaller over all, and without the IMO tacky white paint, the other pros I like over that is that this takes standard 18650's unlike the special lions that the mega takes (its a lir123 or something, kind of two 18650 wrapped together I think??!!) And this has the remote switch, while both have anti glare I not sure if leyne has a shaped beam, but this just looks like a better package over all and if u have this I think you would be disappointed by the the mega with both side by side.

Anyways, bit off topic sorry for the hijack!! My mouth just runs away sometimes!

Last edited:

spankone

Enlightened
It's good to see my subs growing. I'm getting there :) I'll be borrowing a lezyne mega drive from a friend. So I will be reviewing that soon. And do a comparison I also have a mts folkslight which is dual XML 2x 18650 but in a very different package.

I'll be banging out loads of light reviews over the next month or 2 just in time for the night riding season.

And hopefully I'll be able to do a bc30 vs bcR30 review when it's out.

Any way lets get back on topic ;)

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
FOOK IT! I think just me being a worry wort... Highly unlikely to damage the front end anyways,

VIHN SIGN ME UP!!!

I'll almost certainly have a M2500 off you to but I'll have to leave that for a while.

I'll email you later today, payment on Friday OK??

Just hoped the levels won't be bumped up to much on the higher settings as that will really effect heat management and runtimes but should be OK knowing vihn!

Engraved of course!

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
Hopefully a V54?! But...maby vihn will be creative and ill end up with something random XD...open opportunity for some creativity there vihn, maby something bike/light/salmon related??? Plenty of space on the side for engraving I see...

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
FOOK IT! I think just me being a worry wort... Highly unlikely to damage the front end anyways,

VIHN SIGN ME UP!!!

I'll almost certainly have a M2500 off you to but I'll have to leave that for a while.

I'll email you later today, payment on Friday OK??

Just hoped the levels won't be bumped up to much on the higher settings as that will really effect heat management and runtimes but should be OK knowing vihn!

Engraved of course!

Payment anytime is OK. Don't worry too much. I got your back if something goes wrong. Same goes for any lights I sell. Although I don't have an explicit warranty yet, for as long I still breath, my responsibility stands.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Hopefully a V54?! But...maby vihn will be creative and ill end up with something random XD...open opportunity for some creativity there vihn, maby something bike/light/salmon related??? Plenty of space on the side for engraving I see...

Aside from "V54" I can engrave anything else you want to.

Last edited:

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
@Spankone, just took that offer up so could not refuse!

No idea what it will look like till it gets here as did not ask for anything in particular so we shall see. Will certainly be a unique one off light!

Status
Not open for further replies.