WTS: P60 Drop in Light Engine

scottyhazzard

Enlightened
Re: vinhnguyen54 D26 P60 Dropn Ins All Copper Bonded PCBs even XP-G2s, MT-G2 ;-)

So when I can get me some OT, and get one of these little monsters, what happens if I feed it some AW 18350 IMRs?

I'm willing to shorten the lives of a few innocent IMRs, but not willing to detonate the drop-in...

Last edited:

vinhnguyen54

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Re: vinhnguyen54 D26 P60 Dropn Ins All Copper Bonded PCBs even XP-G2s, MT-G2 ;-)

So when I can get me some OT, and get one of these little monsters, what happens if I feed it some AW 18350 IMRs?

I'm willing to shorten the lives of a few innocent IMRs, but not willing to detonate the drop-in...

IMR would be fine :)

Sparky's Magic

Enlightened

XM-L2 Hi-CRI. driven at 4.2A in a light OP. reflector arrived a couple of days ago and I'm mightly impressed: Lovely rich golden tint, lots of light, no visible tint shift, well spaced levels (3) and with Vinh's thick copper heat sink never more than warm in the hand.

CRI of this emitter is excellent - All the colors 'Pop'; but as for quantifying CRI, I know not. The Cree specs. say a minimum of 90 CRI. This emitter is all of that! Across the spectrum, all the colors really 'pop', not some at the expense of others; they are all vibrant in a tint that is as close to daylight as I have seen.

Thanks Vinh, this is brilliant! :party:

vinhnguyen54

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter

It really worries my when someone comment that my drop ins aren't hot. IT SHOULD BE HOT on high after several minutes. Please check your aluminum wrap and thermal path. The heat needs to get from the drop in to the host or else you will not feel it. :)

Sparky's Magic

Enlightened

On high in a Cryos head, it gets pretty hot after 5 min. but still able to be held when it gets any hotter,
I step down! Actually, for most tasks medium is plenty of light and it is never more than comfortably warm. :)

mfrey

Enlightened

Time for another:

XP-G2 neutral 5000K – $45
De-domed
Optimized smooth reflector
2.9-6V
3.15A single level
Copper Sinkpad and solder filled
Thermal adhesive – $2

Thanks, Wayne.

Rikr

Newly Enlightened

Just ordered a XPE2 Thanks Wayne.. :twothumbs

Rikr

Newly Enlightened

Just ordered a Triple XML2 Mule 2500 lumen!!!

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast

The new triple XM-L2 looks INCREDIBLE!

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi vinhnguyen,
Sorry, I did not yet follow Your threads and thus am not completely sure if I got everything right, could You please check?

45,-- for 1 Insert, XP-G2, 5000 K, low voltage (1*18650)
... program 7: lowlow --> med --> high
... 1.000 mA at max
... (if possible low instead of lowlow. about 10-20 mA)
... A: with mode memory
... reflector: BB - orange peel
+2,-- thermal adhesive filling
+5,-- intl. shipping
adds up at 52,--, add Paypal fee of about 4 % --> total 54,08

everything correct? something missing?

and it seems I do not find Your paypal payment adress...
:thinking:

vinhnguyen54

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter

Mule Prices adjusted

vinhnguyen54

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter

New Shipping charges:

Shipping: Domestic USPS Priority + $50 insurance default = $3 ( Up to 20 drop ins)
International USPS First Class= $5 (Up to 5 drop ins)

International tracking and extra insurance available upon request

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just wanted to post about Vinh's amazing work and excellent communication/returns.

I ordered a mule from him and while it was great I decided a mule is just not for me. He happily took it back, exchanged it for a different drop in, refunded me the difference and didn't charge me again for the shipping. Then after a few weeks I decided I wanted my new XM-L2 to be de-domed. Returned it and he did it for free plus covered the shipping AGAIN.

A truly stand-up seller and great all around guy. I can't express how much I appreciate his willingness to get my drop-in JUST how I wanted it.

PS_for anyone wondering, the difference between a de-domed XM-L2 in a smooth reflector vs. a domed XM-L2 in an orange-peel reflector is INSANE. I can't see an overall brightness difference (although I know the domed should be brighter) but the throw out of the de-domed is NUTS comparatively. I mean after the dome is off it looks more like an XP-E with a dome on in size. Anyways, de-dome it if you want the throw!

hjdca

Newly Enlightened

:paypal:

$45 XM-L2 Neutral 5000K copper, solder filled
2 Group Driver with Hidden Blinkies: 2.9-6V
2,800mA + 380mA*4= 4,320mA => + $4
AA SmoothReflector
+$2 Thermal adhesivefor impact resistance
+
$3 shipping
This is for a 18650 Tnc host with V3 head.

Last edited:

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just wanted to post about Vinh's amazing work and excellent communication/returns.

I ordered a mule from him and while it was great I decided a mule is just not for me. He happily took it back, exchanged it for a different drop in, refunded me the difference and didn't charge me again for the shipping. Then after a few weeks I decided I wanted my new XM-L2 to be de-domed. Returned it and he did it for free plus covered the shipping AGAIN.

A truly stand-up seller and great all around guy. I can't express how much I appreciate his willingness to get my drop-in JUST how I wanted it.

PS_for anyone wondering, the difference between a de-domed XM-L2 in a smooth reflector vs. a domed XM-L2 in an orange-peel reflector is INSANE. I can't see an overall brightness difference (although I know the domed should be brighter) but the throw out of the de-domed is NUTS comparatively. I mean after the dome is off it looks more like an XP-E with a dome on in size. Anyways, de-dome it if you want the throw!

heck yeah man! he's the man!

Rikr

Newly Enlightened

heck yeah man! he's the man!

I just got 4 drop-ins. I got a XML-L2 1-mode, XPG2 1-mode, XPE2 1-mode and a mule. I am extremely happy with all these drop-ins except the mule is not for me so I contacted him and told him and he told me when I bought it if it's not what I want to send it back. He's going to make me a couple more XML-L2 drop-ins.