• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTS: TAIN two-piece Hyperlux

jmoyat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Listing back the two-piece Hyperlux

#1: Available.
Two-piece Tain Hyperlux in exceptional condition.

This is one of Tain's first lights.

Chris of TnC_Products very graciously consented to a limited run of Titanium lights being produced by CPF'er Tain. This run was a tribute to Chris's famous Hyperlux line of lights which are among the most beautiful lights ever designed.
More info on this exceptional light can be read here: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/v...AIN-TITANIUM-HYPERLUX-based-on-a-design-byTNC

This Tain Hyperlux sports a nice neutral white emitter and beautiful bright trit combination in the following colors:
- bottom layer is green (3)
- top layer has blue/purple/yellow
It has three modes, L/M/H with memory.

Very pleasing neutral white beam that I would say is around 4500K when compared to other lights of mine. It also has very good color rendition.
Light works flawlessly. No flickering or issues when changing modes.

Will ship original box and original accessories (comes with two reflectors, one flood and one throw, as well as extra o-rings)
Price is $950
Price is $890
Price is $800

shipped to conus.

Here is the beam in low mode. This Hyperlux has three modes, L/M/H with memory.

#2:
SOLD- 10280 Ottavino Damascus
I used to own two of these wonderful Damascus lights. Thought I would keep this one forever. I may if no one grabs it
thinking.gif

Not only is this is a very rare Tain, it is also one of the most beautiful Damascus light I have owned. It is in exceptional condition. No split ring was ever added. I got it directly from Tain. Please note that battery should be inserted with the positive end near the tail. Also Tain suggests to trim the shrink wrap on the negative end, you may PM me for more info about that.
This light has a bright purple trit and deep blue glow.
Here are the specs:

Stainless Steel Damascus Shell - OP Reflector - AR Coated Glass Lens - Beefy brass light engine for maximum heatsink - Split ring hole - One 2x12mm purple tritium slot in the tail - Tail-stand-able - Tighten off, Loose on - Dual stage output - 10mA(5 lumen) , 350mA (140 lumen) (low first, high next) - Reverse Polarity Protection - 2.7V~4.2V - 1 x 10280 Li-ion - Emitter Cree XPG2 R5-4U Neutral White Operation 1. Install an 10280 Li-ion battery into the body tube. ( + ) positive end toward the tail, and ( - ) negative end toward the led. 2. Fully tighten off. 3. Loose to turn on low. 4. Loose further to turn on high

Price is SOLD SOLD SOLD $495.00 and includes shipping to conus. International please send a PM to discuss.

#3 is SOLD
NIB Tain Aura AA with Nichia 219 4000K Hi CRI. Never got to work on that one. No trits were ever installed. It is brand new in a box, untouched.

Specs of Aura - Ti-6Al-4V Titanium Shell - Sapphire Glass Window - Brass Light Engine - OP Reflector - Driver L-M-H 3 Mode with Memory, 10ma-200ma-500ma - Operation: Click On, Click again off, Double click to change mode. - Twelve(12) 1.5mm x 6mm tritium slots around the tail - Six(6) or three(3) 1.5mm x 6mm tritium slots in the switch button. - 0.8V~4.2V - Battery: 1 x AA Size Battery (Alkaline, Ni-MH, primary Lithium, or 14500 Li-ion Cells) - Emitter Nichia 219 4000K High Cri
Head Diameter: 19.5mm - Cigar Grip: 25mm - Length: 88mm

Price is $395.00
Now $370.00
Now $SOLD SOLD SOLD 350.00
shipped to conus

#4: SOLD
two 18350 battery tubes for a Tain Corona. If you own a Tain Corona, this is your chance to make it a shorty! Made in a limited edition by Tain.
#4a is a regular Ti knurled battery tube.
#4b is bead blasted.
Both fit a E-Series head.

Price is SOLD SOLD SOLD $95 each shipped conus

#5: SOLD Tain Aurora AAA
Nichia 319 with orange trit.
I carrried it in my pocket for a couple weeks so it shows some swirls as seen often on Titanium lights and installed and removed the split ring but nothing major, never dropped and no keys were carried with it.
Also there is a bit of machining mark on the body near the head, hard to see on the photos. It's just a little darker on the last 3mm of the head. I checked with Yitsan and he did confirm they had some machining marks.
Price is $199.00
Now SOLD $190.00 and includes shipping to conus

Last edited:

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTS: TAIN lights: Hyperlux, Ottavino 10280 Damascus, Aurora, Corona parts

I`ll take the #1: 10280 Ottavino Damascus. PM being sent.

jmoyat

Flashlight Enthusiast
WTS: TAIN lights: Hyperlux, Ottavino 10280 Damascus, Aurora, Corona parts

You got it John, 10280 Ottavino Da is yours
#1 is SPF to Carpe Diem

Last edited:

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast

You got it John, 10280 Ottavino Da is yours
#1 is SPF to Carpe Diem

Thank you so much, Julien! This light is pure unobtainium, and I`m truly honored to have this opportunity to become its next custodian. And fear not! It will be treated with the full measure of care and respect that it most certainly deserves!

808vudoo

Enlightened

I'll take #4a and #4b, both the polished and sandblasted 18350 tubes...PM and PayPal coming your way.
much thanks, Dan

Last edited:

jmoyat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks Dan, just replied to your PM.

#4a and 4b are spf to 808vudoo

jmoyat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Price drop on Hyperlux and Tain Aura.
Added Tain Aurora AAA

bigwill26

Newly Enlightened

What are the trit colors on that aura?

bigwill26

Newly Enlightened

My apologies, didn't read the top.

jmoyat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Price drop on all remaining Tains. Added photo of the cool two OP reflectors for the Hyperlux

jmoyat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Only Tain Hyperlux available, dropping price

dca

Newly Enlightened
Re: All Sold or Withdrawn: TAIN two-piece Hyperlux

Omg somebody please buy this thing already so that I don't have to. That is a stunning piece!

@jmoyat - are you able to edit the title so that it says it's available again?

jmoyat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Omg somebody please buy this thing already so that I don't have to. That is a stunning piece!

@jmoyat - are you able to edit the title so that it says it's available again?

@dca: Thanks for letting me know, I updated the title.

Last edited: