• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTS: TN35vn - Brightest & Best Throw MTG2 Light

ven

Flashaholic
Have a nice day, over the pond in the UK!!!

OT,,,,,,,,,,The girlfriend will be here in an hour,not to see me, she comes to see CAPO!!!!:cool:

I will and thank you,its now 5pm and a free chinese later(borrowed them some flashlights when they had a power outing)

Kids driving me potty :laughing: but looking through posts and checking where my hard earned is going to go(vinh):cool: is my karma .........well for me not my wallet.

Have a nice day yourself,hope capo enjoys his tk61vn walk again;)

All the best from over the expanse of water with fish in ,ven:twothumbs

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vinh, I'll take one. Dedomed with Engraving, no box. Payment will be either later today (if a sale goes through on my end) or friday after I get paid.

If it can be pushed to over 7.5A that would be good :p

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Definitely overslept! LOL

Anyways, woke up and took out the TN35vn from under my pillow and start shinning it around to see if I still think it's bright and Beeep* it still is...Can't believe I didn't consider this light sooner as I thought it would be like a Mvn...The Mvn is a great light...This is an excellent light.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
You will need UN-protected high drain cells to run this light.

Both my brand new AW 3100mAh button top & Keeppower 3400mAh button top circuit protection trips after 5 seconds forcing light into a Medium mode. I am not exactly sure why but it does. (Will investigate more)

Sony VT4C & Samsung 20R works great.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Some one tell me if I am approaching this right.

Measured variables:
Battery carrier input voltage = 11.36V
Voltage at LED is 7.3V at 7.5A draw

7.30V/11.36V = .64 Ratio

(.64)*7.5A= 4.8A through the cells

The tail cap though also has a mysterious circuit that manipulate the variable...Without this tailcap circuit, the carrier alone at 11.36V can't power the light at all...

May be the circuit in the tail cap has something to do with the protection tripping....

Also P=VI, 7.3V*7.5A= 54.75Watts, that's a lot of power!

Chowderhead72

Newly Enlightened
You are not accounting for inefficiency in the circuit as well as the PWM itself. Also the nature of a battery running close to its maximum ampacity to suffer voltage sag. As the voltage sags the current must go up. As the current goes up (past 5.0a in this case) the protection is tripped.

after re-reading your post and the measurements you have take makes my first sentence somewhat irrelevant.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
You are not accounting for inefficiency in the circuit as well as the PWM itself. Also the nature of a battery running close to its maximum ampacity to suffer voltage sag. As the voltage sags the current must go up. As the current goes up (past 5.0a in this case) the protection is tripped.

Agree

So the conclusion is. Unprotected High Drain Cells only in the TN35vn