WTS: V11Rvn & RRT01vn - 900 Lumen Pocket EDC

revilo951

Newly Enlightened
Re: WTS: V11Rvn & RRT01vn - 900 Lumen Pocket EDC ( Updated Price)

What is the expected current on RRT01vn with IMR 18350?

revilo951

Newly Enlightened

OK, is that battery or emitter current?

CatsTide

Newly Enlightened

So does the V11Rvn get the 900 lumens out of standard Cr123's or do you have to use a CR16340?

CatsTide

Newly Enlightened

I have read this entire thread and I swear I have swapped back and forth between these two lights 4 or 5 times. :(

stevenkelby

Enlightened

I had both and kept the RRT01VN. It's more convenient to just turn the ring without having to push a button on the end :)

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast

Have these lights been tested for output? Personally I'm not seeing much, if any difference in a stock version vs a VN version. Prever the V11R... much tighter control ring (the RRT01 feels sloppy) and there is no risk of it turning on accidentally.

aribach

Newly Enlightened

What's the difference between rechargeable cr123 and the 16340 batteries? Should I still get 900lumens using cr123's?

revilo951

Newly Enlightened

Rechargable CR123? Do you mean primary CR123? If you are refering to rechargable CR123, thats the same as 16340. Primary CR123 will get far less lumens than rechargables, as they can't provide anywhere near the current needed. Runtimes might be longer though!

riverstoneflyfishing

Newly Enlightened

Hey bro Im knew to the forum and was referred to you....I would like to purchase a V11, can you please send me instructions on how to order thanks. Also if I sent you my V11r Mirage could you mod this light for me as well thanks.
Buck
Buck

N8N

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just checked tracking and I should have my V11R/219 on Monday... actually kinda excited. Thanks Vinh!

N8N

Flashlight Enthusiast
So far it's everything I expected. Not an 'impress your friends' light really although full power is still decently bright, but it's exactly what I wanted and works exactly as I expected. I was a little concerned as reports said that the v11r didn't go as dim as the RRT-01 but I'm happy with the dim setting (can use to read in a dark room) and on high it's bright enough for any EDC duty. Vinh will cringe maybe but I'm going to EDC the crap out of this one and it'll acquire a nice patina rather rapidly :). Love the 219 and I'm glad I didn't compromise.

N8N

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really do. The dimmest setting is lower than I need, the highest setting is brighter than I forsee myself needing, and it's dimming smoothly on an AW protected RCR123A (which is the reason I was disappointed in my EagleTac D25C Ti 219, which would have been perfect if it handled an RCR the same way as a primary.)

I have not yet tried it on an Eneloop as my extension tube hasn't showed up yet, but that's going to be an "in case of emergency" thing anyway, I don't think I'd like the extra size.

Only disappointments - and no complaints about Vinh - it's longer enough than the D25C that I kind of miss the shorter length, and no easy availability of a longer extension tube to use a 17670/16650, which would be great as the wide operating voltage range means that it could just as easily work with those cells with a simple extender, and I do have a pair of 17670s kicking around. However, those are minor quibbles as it still fits my pocket OK and I will likely be EDCing it with a RCR123A 99% of the time, unless I suddenly find myself having to recharge too often.

Vinh warned me that the beam might be slightly ringy with the 219 compared to the stock Cree emitter, but it's not that bad really and I can deal for the lovely tint and CRI. Vinh - if you're reading this which 219 are you using? It didn't matter to me so much so I never asked, but someone asked in another thread, is it the 219A or 219B? I couldn't answer as I didn't know. It does look slightly higher color temp than the one in my Malkoff Surefire drop in, but that might be normal variation. It's still definitely what I'd call "neutral" though.

Last edited:

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only disappointments - and no complaints about Vinh - no easy availability of a longer extension tube to use a 17670/16650, which would be great as the wide operating voltage range means that it could just as easily work with those cells with a simple extender.

Vinh warned me that the beam might be slightly ringy with the 219 compared to the stock Cree emitter, but it's not that bad really and I can deal for the lovely tint and CRI. Vinh - if you're reading this which 219 are you using? It didn't matter to me so much so I never asked, but someone asked in another thread, is it the 219A or 219B? I couldn't answer as I didn't know. It does look slightly higher color temp than the one in my Malkoff Surefire drop in, but that might be normal variation. It's still definitely what I'd call "neutral" though.
Could you post a beam shot? I really want V11Rvn, but I've been disappointed with the tint on all of my XP-G and XM-L lights except for one(none of them from Vinh though, yet). I had been debating between 4000k & 5000k with dome on, but may prefer a 219 instead. I love the 219, although I only have a 219B. From what I've read both the 219A & 219B are neutral, the A is slightly more warm and the B slightly more cool. If/when I get a V11Rvn I'll be boring it out and making an extention tube, or using 2 AA extenders for use with a 18650.

N8N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Might be a bit until I can get a good beam shot and all I have is the cell phone camera... but I'll see what I can do. I had the same idea about stacking the extenders but I think they'd have to be bored for 18650 (and I'm pretty sure I was told that they'd have to be 17670s, 18650 wouldn't fit in the light itself w/o boring) and then a sleeve made for 14500/AA. But if you pursue this I might be interested in getting in on it because options are good!