• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTT: Tain Borealis

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Tain Borealis WITH CLIP for trade consideration. I don't think there are very many of these. This is a fantastic two stage progressive AA twisty that Tain was kind enough to customize with a clip per my peculiarities. It works as well as it looks. Untwist for low and untwist more for high. High is respectable for walking at night or around the house. You won't blind people with this light. Neutral tint. It has a blue glow around LED and a single unfilled trit slot in the tail. Pretty much the perfect pocket light that takes a common battery (which is inserted positive towards the tail).

https://imgur.com/a/5DJDw8N

The problem is, I am not 100% sure what I want. I like small custom titanium lights. McGizmo and Muyshondt are always good.

Shoot me a PM with suggestions and we can take it from there.

Able to do deals in Canada or the USA.

eala

Last edited:

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zippo so far. Have another US trip coming up in a couple weeks. Have a bit of time to get a deal worked out. I'll try to take some better photos. Maybe that will help.

eala

Rare? If actually a Borealis, very rare. But isn't it actually a Tain Aurora? Can't tell from the photos because nothing there for scale.

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure if Tain ever offered the Borealis for public sale on here or how many he made. I do know that I have two of this exact light and I am reasonably confident these are unique since he made them to my specification. There may be others floating around. I have the Aurora as well which is AAA sized. The Borealis is AA sized. Basically it is an Aurora with a Flute like tail on it but without all the trit slots (except one) and a clip added (and obviously sized up for the larger battery). Buttery smooth operation. Make me an offer.

eala

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will be in the USA during the week of Oct 7. If you have deal ideas, let me know and we can get something set up. I have a mailing address in MN.

eala