X60Mvn - XL Searchlight

japudjuha

japudjuha

Enlightened
Re: X60Mvn ;-)

Thanks for the response. However I already have the original X60vn 6500lm 464Kcd
and the X60Mvn. I was more curious that anything lol

Still be keen to see a beam shot of a dedomed X60Mvn if anyone has one. Love to compare it to
mine ;-)

Bigwilly

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the response. However I already have the original X60vn 6500lm 464Kcd
and the X60Mvn. I was more curious that anything lol

Still be keen to see a beam shot of a dedomed X60Mvn if anyone has one. Love to compare it to
mine ;-)

There's virtually no dedomed beamshots floating around. I found where a dedomed MTG2 was compared in different sized single reflectors. My domed K40Mvn outhrew a majority of them. Just not impressive dedomed.

Curious.... your gen 1 X60vn does 464 kcd, was that measured by someone? I ask cause I thought the gen 1 did 6500 lumens and 610 kcd. But on 2nd thought maybe that was a burned in model. Yours is a U3 PDTc LED?

japudjuha

japudjuha

Enlightened

The exact generation I am unsure. I was told by the previous owner it had a throw of 464Kcd, I think it is because it isn't the burn in edition. Unsure now.

InfinitusEquitas

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast

Maybe the burn X60vn in edition is capable of 610kcd, but mine is just around 500kcd, and around 6500 lumens... it is the first generation version.

Bigwilly

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast

The exact generation I am unsure. I was told by the previous owner it had a throw of 464Kcd, I think it is because it isn't the burn in edition. Unsure now.

Maybe the burn X60vn in edition is capable of 610kcd, but mine is just around 500kcd, and around 6500 lumens... it is the first generation version.

Yes that does seem to be the case. Are you happy with the light? Think the runtime is good before thermal reduction? Do you use it regularly? Just curious as I use my mine regularly and think it does ok before getting to hot but am thrilled at how many lux it puts down range. Are either of yours a Fiat Lux?

japudjuha

japudjuha

Enlightened

Neither are fiat lux (still not sure what that means lol).
I love the combination of how far AND how bright the X60vn is. Makes my polarion PH40 redundant!
The X60vn certainly does get hotter MUCH faster than the X60Mvn.
Main diferrence in beams that the X60vn will light up anything really well at up to 1km (in my testing),
and the X60Mvn will light up everything out to 200+meters.
Great lights.
Just want to add Vihn's TK75vnQ70 to the collection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bigwilly

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast

Neither are fiat lux (still not sure what that means lol).
I love the combination of how far AND how bright the X60vn is. Makes my polarion PH40 redundant!
The X60vn certainly does get hotter MUCH faster than the X60Mvn.
Main diferrence in beams that the X60vn will light up anything really well at up to 1km (in my testing),
and the X60Mvn will light up everything out to 200+meters.
Great lights.
Just want to add Vihn's TK75vnQ70 to the collection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fiat Lux are best of the best. Vinh may pick out a particular light in a batch of builds that has perfect beam focus and tint and maybe stronger and engrave it on the light. It's random so you're lucky if you get it or sometimes in sales, he'll list one at a higher cost reflecting how it's an apex model. My X60vn is a Fiat Lux and I've yet to hear of another.
I really love it and unless I'm comparing it directly to the X60Mvn, it's incredibly bright. The same thing to he said when comparing the X60Mvn to the TK75vnQ70. That thing is an engineering marvel! Other than the extremely short run times on 100% due to heat, it's phenomenal. The run time kills it for me.

I seem to think I get longer time on my X60vn then my X60Mvn but both are sub 10 minutes so it's really inconsequential.

InfinitusEquitas

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes that does seem to be the case. Are you happy with the light? Think the runtime is good before thermal reduction? Do you use it regularly? Just curious as I use my mine regularly and think it does ok before getting to hot but am thrilled at how many lux it puts down range. Are either of yours a Fiat Lux?

Yes very happy with it. I don't really follow the thermal stepdown, and tend to basically go by feel, keeping my hand by/on the heatsink. It does stepdown, it's just that I usually turn it down myself first. Runtime is fairly good, so long as you're not using on max. Bit of a pain in the butt to use six matched high drain batteries, aside from that I'm happy with it. Basically with it on hand, I don't need any other light.

It doesn't get all that much use, mostly due to size. I do use it when I go camping, but that's usually only ~6-10 times a year.

Personally don't see a huge reason to spring for Fiat Lux. Vinh's work is excellent to begin with so the difference is marginal. Though if you can afford it, go for it. Unfortunately Vinh outdid himself with that light... I haven't felt the NEED to buy another in almost a year now.

D

dmoss8928

Newly Enlightened

vinhnguyen54 do you have one in stock for order? I'm looking to buy ASAP...

D

dmoss8928

Newly Enlightened

vinhnguyen54 do you have one in stock for order I'm looking to buy asap....

ven

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter

Email is a good option here
[email protected]

Any issues, vinh has awesome customer service, so no messing about if importing etc and having to send off for 6 weeks!

D

dmoss8928

Newly Enlightened

Just sent him an Email thanks again for the help ven...