X990 doesn't like to start

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast
My X990 doesn't like to start up. I have to turn it on and off several times before it lights up. I just had the old batteries rebuilt, but I still have the same problem. Is this something that can be easily fixed, or is there someone who can do it?

Patriot

Flashaholic
My X990 doesn't like to start up. I have to turn it on and off several times before it lights up. I just had the old batteries rebuilt, but I still have the same problem. Is this something that can be easily fixed, or is there someone who can do it?

That doesn't sound very good. It's almost like the ballast isn't very happy to wake up of some reason.

Rob over at Magnalight is very knowledgeable about the X990. Perhaps he'll help you solve the problem with your light.

Here is his email. title attn. Rob.
[email protected]

Last edited:

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, Patriot. I'll send Rob an email. I had just decided to sell off most of my big lights and rely on the X990, but now it's going bad. Dang. But thanks for the tip. I appreciate it.

Josey

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just to close this out, the company that repairs the X990 is BMR Performance (ACRO Lights) in Whittier, Calif. The email is
[email protected]

It looks as though my light's ballast or ignitor is going bad (both are part of a single part), and the cost is $190 plus labor and shipping.

Josey

Patriot

Flashaholic
Hmm...that's pretty expensive. Sorry it took a dump on ya.

Good luck with getting it back to working order again. :)