XHP70.2 announced

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like the dies are closer together

Yes, and I suppose part of the brightness increase is due to the greater emitting area that results.

Datasheet is here:
http://www.cree.com/~/media/Files/C...Modules/XLamp/Data-and-Binning/ds--XHP702.pdf

XHP70
XHP70_med2.jpg

XHP 70.2
XHP702_med.jpg

Last edited:

TCY

Enlightened
Maybe Nitecore will come up with a MH04, single 18650 and 4000 lumens:popcorn:

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it ends up being anything like the others in this series: XP-G3, XP-L2, XHP50.2 then I am betting they will scream at the top end versus being quite similar at the bottom end.

easilyled

Flashaholic
Dude, you should wait to see the CREE XHP70.3. I hear it's going to be amazing!
[emoji1]

Not as amazing as the XHP90 that will render all the XHP70 generations obsolete! :nana:

There's no point in buying flashlights as they become dinosaurs even before they're shipped. ;)

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
This looks good. Can't wait to hear about performance..

Early tests of the XHP50.2 are very promising

http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1099945#comment-1099945

Works fine in SMO reflectors with no cross in the beam. Could be a hit for throwers without the desire for a pencil beam.

Already ordered the XHP50.2 and zener FET driver to test this. I could also stuff this into a convoy L6 and my Lumintop SD75 but those have OP reflectors right now. Hmm.

the 70 should just be a bit broader hotspot I am expecting with a bit more power.

Last edited:

Rockjunkie15

Newly Enlightened
Looks like I'm going to need a heat gun and a decent soldering iron to keep my lights current with all these new leds.

So well stated! This is why I am starting to buy SureFire(R) again. Aviator® ​amber is on UPS truck right now. I am even considering the Luminus(R) CBT-90 UDR Dominator®. However, that light has been out for 2.5 years. SureFire may upgrade the LED in the not-too-distant future. At that time I may let go of a grand. Thanks friends! :buddies:

Not as amazing as the XHP90 that will render all the XHP70 generations obsolete! :nana:

There's no point in buying flashlights as they become dinosaurs even before they're shipped. ;)

Last edited:

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just want a compact 800lm - 1000lm flashlight with a decent beam tint that doesn't get too hot. That's not how marketing works, though. Efficiency trumps output for me.