• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired XPG modules plus SST-50 -90 & MCE/P7 P60 dropin Modules for Sf product (part 4)

R A Miller

Newly Enlightened
Re: XPG modules plus SST-50 -90 & MCE/P7 P60 dropin Modules for Sf product (part 4)

:paypal:
Per our PM:
Funds sent via PayPal for 1- Linger Special drop-in w/ 2-XPE Q3 5B, 3 level driver

Thanks,
Rick

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: XPG modules plus SST-50 -90 & MCE/P7 P60 dropin Modules for Sf product (part 4)

Hi Dave,

I'm guessing that this question has been asked but frankly, Part 1, 2, 3, and now 4 is a bit much to sift through :eek:oo:.

I am interested in the SST-50 drop in. I undertand that the current draw is 2.5A. My plan is to run this in a 18650-bored C2. What battery do you recommend?

I have AW18650 (2200mah) and Trustfire (black/flame) 18650. Will they be sufficient? Should I look at the IMR 18650s? What about running the SST-50 with 2xRCR123A's?

Thanks. When I am ready to purchase, I'll PM you.

HI

I use AW black new and old, I use AW IMR, Trustfire, ultrafire. They will all work.
AW's newest has a higher amperage rating I believe and the IMR gives up alot of amps.

The SST50 are actually rated at 5 amps but the best regulated driver we have is 2.5 amps.
95% of the time we use direct drive boards that have levels or a one level direct drive board.

Dave

pipspeak

Enlightened

Anyone have outdoor beamshots of the SST-90 vs. the SST-50? I'm trying to figure out exactly how much more floody the 90 is compared to the 50, or more accurately if a 50 is going to be floody enough to meet my requirements for nicely balanced flood and throw. Sort of like a Novatac on steroids.

I'm also confued by the terms direct drive and regulated. Sounds like the SST's are driven at about 3A with the 3-mode driver, so is that classified as direct drive or regulated in this case?

And finally, are there any options for the 3-mode boards in terms of what level they start at and whether they have memory or not, or are these off-the-shelf drivers? Any 2-level drivers?

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Anyone have outdoor beamshots of the SST-90 vs. the SST-50? I'm trying to figure out exactly how much more floody the 90 is compared to the 50, or more accurately if a 50 is going to be floody enough to meet my requirements for nicely balanced flood and throw. Sort of like a Novatac on steroids.

I'm also confued by the terms direct drive and regulated. Sounds like the SST's are driven at about 3A with the 3-mode driver, so is that classified as direct drive or regulated in this case?

And finally, are there any options for the 3-mode boards in terms of what level they start at and whether they have memory or not, or are these off-the-shelf drivers? Any 2-level drivers?

Hi

These are driven direct drive about 95% of the time. Depending on battery that will be between 3 and 4 amps. These are direct drive boards with levels.
All boards have memory they are not off the shelf boards but you do not get to choose what drive levels you get. I don't know of any that you get to tell what you want.

There are 3 level low med high
3 Level that is Low med high strobe SOS
single level

There is also a regulated driver that furnishes 2.5 amps and is three levels with memory.

If you look close at the beam shots between mine and members you will probably see what you need if you look close.

The 90's are much more flood than the 50's.
the 50's are a nice mixture of dedicated hotspot and spill.

Dave

pipspeak

Enlightened

thanks... this'll be running off a single 18650 (trustfire 2500). What would the output/runtime/heat difference be for an SST-50 running direct drive (3-mode) versus the 2.5A regulated driver?

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

thanks... this'll be running off a single 18650 (trustfire 2500). What would the output/runtime/heat difference be for an SST-50 running direct drive (3-mode) versus the 2.5A regulated driver?

Of course the 2.5 will be slightly dimmer and cooler with a bit more run time.

I really don't have run times again I believe the one member in beam shots also give run times.

Direct drive will be around 45 minutes or there abouts depending on levels used.

Dave

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast

Per our PM's:

I will take the P60 Drop-in SST-50 direct drive.

Also,
The XP-G R4 P60 drop-in with 5 modes good for 2 li-on cells (up to 8.4v) driven at 1.4A please.

Thank you,
bigC

Last edited:

boilermaker

Newly Enlightened

I ordered a SST-90 drop-in from Dave on monday before thanksgiving. I had it in my hands on friday after thanksgiving. If that wasnt enough he returned 9 personal messages all usually in a matter of minutes and even one on thanksgiving day(most were stupid nood questions). Customer service is outstanding. Product is awesome. I can wholehartedly recomend Nailbender drop-ins to everyone.

bla2000

Enlightened

How much is shipping to Canada? I'm interested in a neutral mce for a 18650 bored c2.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Per our PM's:

I will take the P60 Drop-in SST-50 direct drive.

Also,
The XP-G R4 P60 drop-in with 5 modes good for 2 li-on cells (up to 8.4v) driven at 1.4A please.

Thank you,
bigC

Thanks Jose

I ordered a SST-90 drop-in from Dave on monday before thanksgiving. I had it in my hands on friday after thanksgiving. If that wasnt enough he returned 9 personal messages all usually in a matter of minutes and even one on thanksgiving day(most were stupid nood questions). Customer service is outstanding. Product is awesome. I can wholehartedly recomend Nailbender drop-ins to everyone.

Thanks guys I appreciate your kind words, I just try to give you all the same service I like to have. It is worth a few PM to get you the drop in you actually want not the one I want you to have as with some vendors

dave

kimck99

Newly Enlightened

Hi Dave,

As I figure out which drop-in(s) to purchase, I've spent some time reading the Part 3 and Part 4 threads and frankly, there are many questions that you have answered. Far to many to remember/recall.

So, perhaps a suggestion. Would it be possible to have some details for each drop-in on the first post? Some of the questions that will be helpful to know about each drop in are:
  • Runtime (Either calculated or based on some reference battery - such as AW 16340 or 18650. Seems like many members have AW batteries. Further, I realize that there are other variables which but some idea of runtime would be helpful)
  • Lumens (I realize that this may vary based on voltage, current, unknown host, lens type, etc. However, it would be helpful to have some reference. Even if other members have done some testing, it would be great to perhaps post that information.)
  • Beam Characteristic (Is it floody, tight beam, throwy, etc.)
  • Amp draw (this may vary but the different configuration/board but I assume that you can provide a range?)
I'm sure there are other details/attributes that other members have asked but for someone like me, a novice learning more and more and spending way too much money :broke:, having some information about the drop-in helps with the decision. For example, I have a R2 light (not sure if it's XPG or XRE, it's a Nitecore D10) and as I progress to drop-ins, I don't know the differences between a XP-G and the Osram Diamond/Golden Dragon leds. I'm sure there is information somewhere on this site about the differences. However, to have some information for each of your drop-ins under each entry would help with the purchasing decision :). Or at least be better informed.

Apology for a selfish suggestion as I suppose I could search but that will take a quite a bit of time. Also, I'm sure you receive repeated questions and this may actually save you time :thumbsup:.

At any rate, just a suggestion for your consideration.

Thanks for listening (reading)

bla2000

Enlightened

:paypal:

• P60 host 1x18650
  • 1 Cree MCE - Neutral tint 5 levels
  • 1st class internation shipping
  • 4% CC
Thanks

spankone

Enlightened

:party:its arrived lovecpf

thanks for the dropin dave :thumbsup:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

HI All

I have smooth reflectors back in stock

thanks

Dave

AMkrew

Newly Enlightened

Have you run the sst-50's with a smooth reflector?

Chowser

Newly Enlightened

Got the 1 level linger special today and it works great, lights up a room as soon as I enter it. no more people hiding in shadows :)

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Got the 1 level linger special today and it works great, lights up a room as soon as I enter it. no more people hiding in shadows :)

Hi

When you told me what you wanted it for I knew it would be great for that. Yours being a little stronger was super bright and used in a weapons light or room clearer you don't need massive run times.

I am glad it served your purpose. i am always pleased when members are using them for work and they do as needed.

Have a good sunday

Dave