XTAR D06 arrived...

Theojt

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

From the size I assume this is a secondary light, correct? Can you comment on the build quality and your overall impression?

Tnx!

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like an interesting light. I like the smooth reflector. But a single 18650??? Run time on high would be less than 45 minutes?

sucnip

Newly Enlightened
XTAR is about to come out with a 2x 18650 version via an extension tube and a buck driver. Of course this torch would make a great canister light head...

Dashrynn

Newly Enlightened
I don't have an xtar but I do have this light >> http://cgi.ebay.com/Waterproof-CREE-T6-750-Lumens-LED-Scuba-Dive-Flashlight-/280667340261 which is basically the same but 2*18650

So far it only runs for 1.5 hours on some cheap 18650's I bought for 7$ plus charger. So, I'm assuming it's run time will be far greater with some redilast's that i have on order. I took it to 130ft and no leaks! Operated fine under depth. The switch is adjustable, on low I can go 18+ hours high is 1.5 (hopefully way more after the new batteries come in). Overall I am VERY pleased for a cheap 50$ light.

Dashrynn

Newly Enlightened
Also, here is the link if anyone wants to buy... http://www.manafont.com/product_inf...l-xml-t6-200m-diver-flashlight-2x18650-p-7353

How is the lens held in place? Could you post some pics of the head disassembed?

Lens is held on by an oring like the dive rite canister lights. My camera is dead right now, so no pictures. I tried taking it apart and got as far as taking out the oring and removing the battery tube. I have a tendency of ruining lights when forcing them apart so, I went no further. It is pretty damn bright, I calculate 10watts with about 1.25 watts driver inefficiency. With redilast 3100 batteries it will run 1 hour and 58 minutes.