Xtar Vp1

HistoryChannel

Enlightened
Considering it eliminates the need for a volt meter, I think the price isn't expensive. If someone uses 26650 batteries, then it's not the right charger for that. But usually I'm too lazy to check the battery when it comes off the SP2 with my DMM so this is perfect for me to verify it has safety charged.

HistoryChannel

Enlightened
The Pila IBC is in the same price range of $50 and you still need a volt meter. Xtar's CC/CV algorithm is as good or better than most, plus a voltmeter? I'm sold. :) I just got one and love it. Build quality is superb and the Blue LED display is bright and crisp.

The only con I would say is that it can't hold the 26650 for those that need that capability and no 2a mode like the SP2 sibling. Fix those two things and keep it at $50 and its a game changer.

aus_sparky

Newly Enlightened
I was in the market for a SP2 charger, but should I wait for the VP1 to be re-stocked? They basically charge the same batteries all bar about one... Suggestions appreciated.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Which amp setting should I use with 14500 800mAh 3.7V, .25 .50 1.0?

0.25 or 0.50A

This table from my review can help you:

supportedBatterySizes.png

phoenix.stu

Newly Enlightened
Just got this charger and it is great with my IMR cells. I see an enloop pro in the picture below. Is it safe to say that this will not charge an enloop pro. Or will it? Sorry for stupid question. I am new to world of rechargeables. Thanks.

Last edited:

Kick

Newly Enlightened
No, this charger is not made to charge NIMH cells. It is only for 3.7 Lithium cells.

aus_sparky

Newly Enlightened
I have been trying to get a quote for a VP1 from a few sources in Australia, but none seem to be able to give me a straight answer. To the Aussie forum members, what are they going for locally? Are there any reputable international sellers (online or forum) that have them in-stock and not sting me ridiculous postage cost? Please help...