Yearly supporter membership

this_is_nascar

Both of these were changed based on feedback a little while ago. I just checked permissions, and you can reply to WTB ads.
The goal was to prevent scammers from messaging folks, which has happened recently. We've also extended that time frame in the sales area.

We offer a supporting membership and a vendor membership. Happy to discuss further options - and will reach out.

That's great to hear. Thanks.

UFO

When buying a 1-Year Supporting Membership, will it automatically renew or do you have to buy another year when that ones up?
I belong to other forums where you have to "manually" buy another year and I like that option as sometimes I may not want to renew.

So how does it work here on CPF?

Jelly

Administrator
Staff member
CPF Supporter
When buying a 1-Year Supporting Membership, will it automatically renew or do you have to buy another year when that ones up?
I belong to other forums where you have to "manually" buy another year and I like that option as sometimes I may not want to renew.

So how does it work here on CPF?
To answer your question:
It is setup to automatically renew. When you complete the setup, you can cancel the automatic setup, and it will be year to year (manual setup that you mentioned)

UFO

To answer your question:
It is setup to automatically renew. When you complete the setup, you can cancel the automatic setup, and it will be year to year (manual setup that you mentioned)
Thank You.

Kitchen Panda

Yes. Based on feedback I have lowered the price for a year long membership from $24.99 to $14.99 to make the membership accessible to all. Those that have already signed up, will be extended by another year or refunded (please contact me or I will be reaching out).
This will allow members to have an ad free experience, ability to edit posts for 30 days, post in the Marketplace.
This is strictly for individuals.

A membership to buy from that section will not be required.
So the ads are a punishment for us, then?

Jelly

Administrator
Staff member
CPF Supporter
So the ads are a punishment for us, then?
Not sure I follow or understand punishment in this case. I believe in choices, and this is an experience folks could choose, just as it was before I took over. Logged in users, only see direct vetted sponsor ads at the moment, unless I'm missing something.
The site is loading faster than ever, and activity is returning.

I don't get it, but happy to hear you out from your perspective.