you are only allowed one flash light for rest of your life.What is it ?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
- Perhaps my yellow 320 lumen SureFire G2x Pro.
- Perhaps my 2 speed 2D Maglite classic.
Either one could take care of most of the things I use a flashlight for.
- Podium spot would go to my PKDL PR-1 using a primary battery instead of an RCR for the extra run time.
I could easily go with any one of those three if it really came down to it.

3_gun

Enlightened
It would need to be an EDC sized light, LED, IP68 rated, min 1m drop rated, small enough to be used as a headlamp, multi-fuel power, good UI w/shortcuts or programmable, low at or around 1L, at least a real 4hr run time at 60L; 100L would be better, real 10L at 25yds beam, CRI of 90 or better. Of the lights I have at hand my Acebeam TK16 comes closest with a Streamlight 1L aa, Olight S2R Baton II & Acebeam TK18 in the mix. But I kinda like the TK18 a bit better than the TK16. Truth is all 4 are very very good lights

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would keep the Zebralight SC52W that I bought used from a fellow forum member. Output from barely glowing to bright enough and a bunch of levels in between. Great size, solid build, runs great on Eneloops, and you can use it with a Zebralight head strap. Also it looks funky enough to keep me from getting too bored. Really a one and done light for my usage.
7D7F757A-6FA4-4713-8427-B97362DE575A.jpeg

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
After thinking about this one for a while I have decided it would most likely be a SF 9P, G3, or Malkoff MD3.

Most likely a MD3, as then I would have the option of the High/Low switch, use of CR123's, 18650's, AA's, etc.

The reason is simple, they would offer a multitude of battery options for use.

Late note: Forgot to add that I would use a M61LL.

Last edited:

WDR65

Enlightened
Surefire YG Aviator. A good mix of runtime, size and throw. As well as being fairly versatile.

My first pick was a Surefire EDCL-2T but I think the Aviator has a bit more utility.

Lumen83

Enlightened
Surefire Kroma. Love the versatility, the looks, the ruggedness, the feel in the hand, etc.

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
Of lights I own, assuming it will just work as intended for the rest of my life, zebralight sc52d. But you could hand me any of my 6 working sc series (sc52w, sc62w, sc62d, sc64w hi, sc53c) lights and I'd be OK with it. Also in this category of I'd be OK with it is the olight s1a nw, s1r baton 3 in stainless steel, and wowtac w1.
Assuming it MUST work for the rest of my life and if it breaks I'm out a light for the duration, I'd probly say my c2 with Malkoff m61nll has the best chance of making it. Next tier due simply to more complexity which "should" still make it would be my edcl1t, lx2, or hds rotary(edit: add elzetta alpha gen2 with hi lo tailcap). I'd consider gambling on my e2laa as well. I'm taking into consideration that it would have to be an edc able light and I think I could pull any of those off at decreased usefulness over the zebralights.

Last edited:

TPA

Enlightened
Lumintop EDC18. It does just about everything well. The glowing green bunny is a nice touch. The only thing it doesn't have is built-in charging. A good runner-up would be Sofrin's SC 31 Pro with a neutral white tint. But that glowing green bunny gets me every time.

TimeOnTarget

Newly Enlightened
This is difficult to answer, but it might be one of my HDS lights or maybe my BOSS.

Thank goodness I don't have actually choose.