You Just Know Your A Flashaholic When......

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
This site in general is chill, regardless of gender.
Some "co-ed" forums I've been a member of have squabbling galore. It's more about the ability to keep things orderly than male or female. Some people will argue with a tree stump. Especially those key board warrior types.

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
Recently I realized I’m becoming something of a flashaholic when I buy lights that I don’t need just for fun and then carry 3 or 4 lights on me just so I can try them out at work and such.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Recently I realized I’m becoming something of a flashaholic when I buy lights that I don’t need just for fun and then carry 3 or 4 lights on me just so I can try them out at work and such.
I think you are already one as you have all the symptoms of one.
1) carrying more than 1 light on you, non flashaholics these days don't hardly carry any lights with their phone light app.
2) buying lights for fun, non flashaholics buy other things for fun instead of lights and typically don't even have enough good lights to suffice.
3) carrying around more lights than needed to try them out everywhere is another symptom you are hooked
4) another symptom is posting in this thread LOL

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
You know you're a flashaholic when you identify features you dislike, but after buying flashlights that meet your criteria, you secretly like the lights that you officially didn't like. Maybe all flashlights need love?

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
When you have a hard time getting rid of any flashlight you have even if it doesn't work or you haven't used it for 20 years and it is a crummy 5mm light that you could replace for 99 cents with a better one.
Also when you have flashlights everywhere around you dozens of them even though you only normally use about 3 or 4 of them.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

When you have three or four Li-ion batteries for every light you own,
so, a couple dozen lights or more.

holy battery investment

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Don't forget the last sentence. "FRIEND OR FOE!?"

That's presuming you care……

Rk-EKl-s-200x150.gif

I don't. lol

Yates

Newly Enlightened
You know you're raising a flashaholic family when your kid inserts batteries the wrong way in a Mini Maglite, and proceeds to reverse the bulb so the lights works.

:twothumbs

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
When you buy an incan surefire 6p out of curiosity to see what the legendary 6p is like in it’s original form, and then so you can upgrade it, all just for fun. :grin2:

Last edited:

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
When you`re browsing music equipment and keep seeing flashlights every now and then, and when you have a closer look it`s just another microphone. This has caught me out a few times.

funzel

Newly Enlightened
... you find an 8 years old Malkoff M61L (175 lumen) drop-in in a drawer, google its specs, read 6 to 9 volts and head to ebay for a Surefire C3 BK Centurion.

WOW there is a Z59 clicky tailcap rolling around too. :grin2: