You might be a Flash-a-holic if...

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
...you use Post-Its to make a 3D model of the light you just ordered because you can't possibly survive for another 24-48 hours.

I have a Wee on order for my wife, so I did just that. Made her a little paper light to show her how it would fit on her keychain.

In reality, I am too impatient waiting for the postie to bring me the package

Dadof6

Enlightened
Your 12 year old daughter has a cell phone that doesn't text but does incude a flashlight.

Fird

Enlightened
....you walk into Batteries Plus and the guy behind the counter has no idea what you're talking about and doesn't think that 17670's even exist.

AMEN!! Holy carp, these guys didn't even know that 18650's are the most common laptop cell out there, at least as far as I know? every laptop batt i've pulled apart (after carefully removing the "do not take this apart" label of course!) has 18650's in it.

Fird

Enlightened
when the power goes out, everyone looks at you like you had something to do with it because you had a flashlight on within 5 seconds.

...The lights flicker for 2 seconds at work and you have one light in each hand and a look of anticipation on your face, prepared to do some serious ambidexterous lumen-slinging! and then it quickly turns to a scowl when the darned lights stay on. <- done that

... The power goes out at your house late at night, and more than 4 members of your family appear simultaneously; carrying a flashlight pushing over 100 lumens otf :-D

... you're constantly conscious of where your spare 18650's are, and their current charge level.

And last but not least

You might be a flashaholic if: during a night game of capture the flag you overhear someone mention "Who is that guy with the big ceiling light??"

porsche951

Newly Enlightened
Your wife starts a group on facebook called "not buying ridiculous amounts of flashlights" (True story)

Burgess

Flashaholic
You no longer consider 100 Dollars a lot of money for a Flashlight.

:p
_

Ti²C

Newly Enlightened
...you are about to buy another 200+ lumens flahslight, but still hesitate because the low mode isn't low enough :p

Torchinator

Newly Enlightened
...if when you walk your dog at night, you're constantly checking your mailbox, with nothing ordered, just to remember the feeling you got from ordering your most recent light.:shakehead

...if you laughed out loud more than once from this thread!:laughing:

...if while reading this thread, you've thought to yourself 'I wish my wife understood me like these guys':crackup:
...if you've ever actually considered choosing between gas money and ordering a new Quark AA R2 with a 18650 body.:D

Mikellen

Enlightened
You might be a flashaholic when you're online with CPF Proper and have another window opened for the MarketPlace so you can go back and forth between forums.

You might be a flashaholic if your finger hurts from pressing F5 all the time.

Last edited: