You might be a Flash-a-holic if...

Pummy

Newly Enlightened
You think that the torture thread on a TK40 is an acceptable way to check how rugged a torch would be.

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
... when the power goes out in the entire town you live in at 3:30 am, including the hospital you work at, the first call that's made by your co-workers is to you, on their cell phone which happens to be their only source of light, asking if you could "bring us some of your flashlights."

After which I quite getting so much flak for having "SOOOOOO many".

The hardest part after opening up my gunsafe was deciding which ones to take as not to place my "good" ones into the hands of novice flashlight users! (Still ended up having one broken after she dropped it on the ground...:mad:)

Last edited:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
... you refresh the 4Sevens site in the category "titanium Quark spare parts" about 100 times in half an hour until the stuff appears

... then you buy all necessary parts for an AA Tactical which you could have bought 20% cheaper 2 months ago

... afterwards you see there are also a few complete lights for sale and you buy a 123 Tactical with a clip claiming that you don't have a 123 Tactical with a clip yet

... the day before you bought a 123 XPG and an AA XPG

... three months before you bought a Titanium Collector Set

... four months before you bought a 123 Tactical, 123-2 Tactical and an AA-2 neutral white

... you also bought a 123-2 Turbo and an AA-2 Turbo

... and a Preon1 Titanium and a Preon2 Titanium

... you have a MiNi AA, a NiNi 123 and a MiNi AA neutral white on backorder

... you have an RGB on backorder

... your wife aks you in the morning who that "Maelstrom" ***** is, you murmured about in your sleep :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

Finally : ... people who read this think you are only a 4Sevens-a-holic because you don't remember the purchases from other brands during the same time which are still on the way to you...

Last but not least : ... your 13th salary this year is gone before you even have it!

TECENG

Newly Enlightened
... your wife aks you in the morning who that "Maelstrom" ***** is, you murmured about in your sleep :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

:clap::clap::clap:

...you don't mind painting the rooms in your house during winter so when it starts to get dark in the late afternoon you have to break out the flashlights to finish the job. Yeah, guess what I did this weekend.

headophile

Enlightened
You no longer consider 100 Dollars a lot of money for a Flashlight.

:p
_

so true. just yesterday my tk40 became the topic of conversation in a family gathering we had. they all thought it was too much money for a flashlight but it was sort of justfied when darkness came. my uncle remarked, 'i can see the ants on the powerlines!'. that was golden :laughing:

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
One or more of your friends have commented "your pants pocket is glowing", then you realize you've accidentally turned on your EDC:wave::crackup:

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
... you ever took out a flashlight from a bag and used it to find another flashlight in the same bag... (guilty)

...you can fill a backpack with flashlights only and ever carried it to a dark hiking path (guilty)

... your light collection is worth more than your car (ok, it's an old car, but runs nice)

... your go camping just to use your lights (yep)

...your house is actually brighter during power outtages (depends on how I feel)

...you carry at least 5 flashlights for a 30 minute walk at night (yep)

... you own more flashlight brands or models than the hardware store (I think I catually do!)

...your electric bill is mostly battery recharging

.... you ever used flashlights as payment to a friend (guilty!)

.. you know more about flashlight parts than car mechanics

Apollo Cree

Enlightened
...your girlfriend asks "is that a flashlight in your pocket or are you just happy to see me" and your response is "both"

You answer "It's a flashlight."

A cop pulls up behind you and turns on the lights. Instead of thinking "Oh, snap!", you think "Wow, bright LED's" and get out and ask the cop to give you a demo of the various modes on his light bar.

zven

Enlightened
- The first thing you notice about your friend's video game is that his character's flashlight has poor beam quality.

- You can identify the LED your cell phone uses for it's camera's flash (Nichia 021).

- You read the movie title "The Secret of Nimh" as "The Secret of Nickel-Metal Hydride", and it takes you a moment of wondering why there's a movie about battery chemistry before you realize you spend a little too much time accessorizing your flashlights.

Deputy T.

Newly Enlightened
when the power goes out, everyone looks at you like you had something to do with it because you had a flashlight on within 5 seconds.

...you read that comment and all you can think was: "5 seconds a little slow on the draw...I would've had my light out in under two"

One or more of your friends have commented "your pants pocket is glowing", then you realize you've accidentally turned on your EDC

...or your alerted by the immense heat your e2 with a Lumens Factory IMR bulb putting off directly into your thigh. I know this is the led forum, but I can't help that my EDC is an incan.

...your this guy and it comes to this:
http://https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/132981

dwever

Newly Enlightened

I thought it was outrageous that I amassed five lights fine tuning exactly what I want on my duty belt. Now I see I'm not even little league!

(by the way, on my duty belt is a Streamlight C4 185 lumen polystinger and a Surefire 200 lumen Defender; and a Pelican 7060 is in the duty bag with a traffic wand)

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
dwever, not even close.

Like I said, I saw someone here pay something like 3 grand or whatever for a flashlight. These guys play for keeps! :)

jslappa

Enlightened
You start a fight with your wife at 11pm so she kicks you out onto the couch for the night.....allowing you the luxury of catching up with all your flashaholic buddies alll night long.

Head to work or school 4 hours early because they have a T1 line and you need to score some Quark Ti parts before the guy with the cable modem gets them.

You develop arthritis in your F5 finger only.

ionizedsky

Enlightened
You purchase a new light in the marketplace, and before the person has sent it out, you have a new post in CPF proper asking the modders about upgrading it because 120lumens just doesn't cut it anymore :candle:

007Runner

Banned
You look forward to a new flashlight, but it is not released when they promised. So you pout like a little kid. I want my quark mini 123 now!

yalskey

Enlightened
...when you start tongue kissing flashlights, and when somebody opens the closet door and sees what you are doing you have to kill them just because they know too much and will tell everyone, and you use a floody led headlamp while cutting up the body so as to keep your hands free for sawing, then you post a question on CPF about the best way to clean dried blood, bone, and hair off a light without damaging the o-rings.

(dark humor anyone?)