You People Are Sick And Now I Am Too!

SalemPoor

Newly Enlightened
Ok, it started when I retrofitted my Mini-Mag-lite with a LED upgrade from Nitelitz. After installing it I thought, hey this is pretty cool, let me go on line and see if there is a LED upgrade for my 2D. Meanwhile I start checking out the Surefires, but thought the price was insane, so instead I start searching for that LED upgrade for my 2D.

Two weeks a Surefire worth of gas, all I could find was the Nitelitz for the 2D, boy did it suck. So back to CandlePower (still thinking you people were a little nuts). After reading about the real MagLED I started to search for one. After scouring every Target, Wal-Mart, and KMart in greater Philadelphia area all I could find was another the 2D MagLed (not just the bulb), in frustration I bought. Boy of boy! No more donut hole!

But then I say, if this is the most awesome flashlight that I have ever owned, what the hell would that Surefire be like? Luckily or unluckily for me I found a new C2 with the Emerson knife (another habit but that is for another forum) for about the price of the knife alone.

Well today it came, needless to say I have been playing the backyard with the Mag-lite Mini and LED, the 2D Maglite, the 2D Magled and the Surefire. I haven't had as much fun as when my grandfather gave me my first railroad flashlight 40 years ago!

But one thing I notice, the Surefire isn't that practical for everyday use... so I think I need to get a.........

NotEnoughLight

Enlightened
Welcome to the club! Use the money you would have spent on doctors on more lights. Much more worth it IMHO. Let the sickness rule...

tradderran

Newly Enlightened
NotEnoughLight said:
Welcome to the club! Use the money you would have spent on doctors on more lights. Much more worth it IMHO. Let the sickness rule...
The only relief is one more light.:lolsign:

sniper

Enlightened
SalemPoor said:
I haven't had as much fun as when my grandfather gave me my first railroad flashlight 40 years ago!

You haven't been wearing your aluminum foil cap regularly, have you? :laughing:

Welcome. It is a Fine and Pleasant Madness. :clap:

Illum

Flashaholic
Resistance is futile
:twak:

This Forum was a trap, It has not only ruined me...it has ruined me while making me joyfully satisfied :rant:

Must resist.....no...nooo,...oooohhh, crap
just bought two more lights yesterday...borrowed money..

:hahaha: :tinfoil:

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dont pay any attention to words like McGizmo, TRUST ME, that magled is the best light you will ever find.

Roccomo

Enlightened
I recently got sucked into this myself. Now I don't know which is worse, this or Microtech. :lolsign:

ianb

Enlightened
SalemPoor said:
...the Surefire isn't that practical for everyday use... so I think I need to get a.........
yes you definately have it! Soon you will learn that you need more and more to fill every eventuality and when deciding between two lights fellow CPFers will wear you down with the unnoficial line of 'just-buy-both!' :D

Welcome to the club you may never leave :D

Ian

Illum

Flashaholic
nakahoshi said:
Dont pay any attention to words like McGizmo, TRUST ME, that magled is the best light you will ever find.

Wait till McGizmo reads this....:touche:

SalemPoor said:
But one thing I notice, the Surefire isn't that practical for everyday use... so I think I need to get a.........

You'll find a way to use it once you weld the power between your fingers

Gat a G2 for starters, as you progress...theres the A2
[:candle:flashlight envy:rock:]

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Salempoor and Roccomo, welcome to CPF, why dontcha stay awhile!

What the hey, who need *money* anyways. I can catch fish at nite and cook them with my flashlight!

daloosh

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome aboard! I'm laughing as I was in your situation six months ago. Now I'm playing Legos with Surefires. But I promised myself that I was through for a few months, then that nice modded KL3 became available. I realized that I really, really needed it so I bought it. But I'm done now for a few months. Really.:whistle:

Chucula

Newly Enlightened
stay away! i never wanted to buy a surefire m6, they made me do it!

i can feel my wallet losing weight as i type....

welcome :D

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mcgizmo makes Cute flashlights. Only Nice Fellows :grin2: spend 425 dollars on a single light.

Last edited:

SalemPoor

Newly Enlightened
God I hate day lights savings time!

My wife is going suspicious, I have been taking the dog for walks in the darkest parks I can find! Yahoooo!

So, what's the cool alternative to the Maglite solitaire.

Chucula

Newly Enlightened
SalemPoor said:
God I hate day lights savings time!

My wife is going suspicious, I have been taking the dog for walks in the darkest parks I can find! Yahoooo!

So, what's the cool alternative to the Maglite solitaire.

Because of this forum you WILL buy these lights, so save yourself the trouble and buy them now :D
Arc AAA (solitaire alternative)
a surefire (you have a good start)
a streamlight
a fenix

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of us...one of us...one of us...one of us...

Oh boy!

I thoroughly concur with the comment about Surefire Lego!!! Much fun and much money - I suggest you convert as many people as you can, then we won't feel so lonely :lolsign:

Be lucky...