You use your flashlight for what!!!???

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Okay, this probably means I have to turn in my "man card" and trade it in for one that says "metrosexual," but I just discovered that the knurling on my Novatac 120P and 120E is fine enough and sharp enough to file my fingernails. :)

What other creative or unusual uses do you have for your lights (including using it as a flashlight)?

Last edited:

ander

Newly Enlightened
A friend gave me an Icon Rogue 2 that runs on AAs and feels pretty rugged but isn't something I'd trust too much. I keep it as a spare to a Fenix in my car and I've always thought I'd use it as a wheel chock if it came down to a desperate situation.

Okay, this probably means I have to turn in my "man card" and trade it in for one that says "metrosexual," but I just discovered that the knurling on my Novatac 120P and 120E is fine enough and sharp enough to file my fingernails. :)

What other creative or unusual uses do you have for your lights (including using it as a flashlight)?

Moonshadow

Enlightened
Rather self-referential, but I often use one flashlight to illuminate another - to see what I'm doing while taking it to bits, replacing LEDs etc.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Bumping this one for two reasons.
1) rookie post by a guy with perhaps one of the worlds best collections of minimags.
2) this one could become hilarious.

Fingernail file, wheel chock, light other lights……

I wanted to hang a wind chime in a tree so I tied a string to my flashlight spun it around like a cowboy lassos a calf and "zinnnnng" up in the air and over the tree branch. It slid down and I attached the wind chime to the string and hoisted the cord to the wind chime up, then did a yo yo thing to add a loop to the wind chime cord and pulled down on the flashlight to cinch the loop then the wind chime was hung.

Only trouble was I did not use a uv resistant cord to hold said wind chime and it fell one day.

fuyume

Enlightened
I'm trying to imagine what it must feel like to go through life thinking that filing your nails emasculates you. I mean, wow, that must be a really sad way to choose to value oneself.

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
I use a few of my lights with crenelated bezels as scratching sticks 😆 Otherwise, I've used them to discharge static from stuff like my home CPU and metal shelves at work. In the drought season here (May/June to mid-October), humidity stays constantly below 30% and static builds up everywhere it can. I don't enjoy being zapped and my torches are 19 outta 20 times the closest metallic object within reach.