You will love this NASA penlight

thermal guy

Flashaholic
That's what I'm asking? Is that the only way to buy one or will they be on his site?

Johnnyh

Enlightened
Normally, once the product is fully backed and the campaign ends, the product becomes available to the general public on a website. . Sometimes it costs more but not always. Not sure of his post-campaign pricing plan. Hopefully, Javier will chime in soon for you.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Normally, once the product is fully backed and the campaign ends, the product becomes available to the general public on a website. . Sometimes it costs more but not always. Not sure of his post-campaign pricing plan. Hopefully, Javier will chime in soon for you.

Thanks. That's what I was hoping for. Not sure how stuff works with the Kickstarter thing.

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure how stuff works with the Kickstarter thing.

The "kickstarter thing" stands alone. Its a singular event. Someone or some company announces a product or project, folks can buy in if they want to support it, and if enough people buy in the project is considered a success, the money is collected, the widgets are made and the folks get the reward for the level of support they bought in at. After that, its over as far as kickstarter is concerned. Now the "idea" is that the profits from the kickstarter run would be used to fund further production of whatever widget is in question, but there's no guarantee of that. Its all up to the person or company running the campaign.

Newguy2012

Enlightened
Great news Javier! Again, I was the very first backer, so in honor of this, serial # 0001 will be great. You do fill the orders in sequential order, right? Ok...great! That Ti 18650 looks very nice! Hope you can load it with a High CRI Nichia 4500k.

The nichia 219bv1 with the extra r9? The r9080 spec. I heard great things about them but sourcing them is always the problem.

Johnnyh

Enlightened
....Now the "idea" is that the profits from the kickstarter run would be used to fund further production of whatever widget is in question, but there's no guarantee of that. Its all up to the person or company running the campaign.

Good point. Looking back at the successfully funded Kickstarter campaigns I helped, many have indeed gone to mass production but some have not. Thanks.

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great news Javier! Again, I was the very first backer, so in honor of this, serial # 0001 will be great. You do fill the orders in sequential order, right? Ok...great! That Ti 18650 looks very nice! Hope you can load it with a High CRI Nichia 4500k.

I have been using the prototype for night hiking the past days, and I must say that because of its size and beam angle is really a great light for those purposes. The circuits I'm using has three levels 1000, 350 and 50 mAh, and most of the time I was on the medium level and it is enough light for walking at medium speed. I also do think that a flashlight like this should had a neutral white high CRI LED.

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's what I'm asking? Is that the only way to buy one or will they be on his site?

Once the goal has been reached you can still "overfund" and get your penlight until the project is closed. Yes, we do hope to go into mass production, but you can be sure that it that they will be a different product. I'm not saying better or worse, just different, because we do think that our backers deserve the exclusivity of a special and unique limited series.

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here you are the runtime graphic with NiMH batteries. I limited the test to 6 hours because I thought the batteries would not last that much... fool of me.

24yvg4j.jpg

Randall Foreman

Newly Enlightened
Extremely cool, but I would like to know how the production model would be "different". With so much support I can't imagine these not being a hot seller... so what is this difference? Just curious. Thanks!

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Extremely cool, but I would like to know how the production model would be "different". With so much support I can't imagine these not being a hot seller... so what is this difference? Just curious. Thanks!

Thank you. What I want to mean with "being different" is that it will have some changes, not important, but the ones who have supported the project deserve having something that will be different, unique.

Johnnyh

Enlightened
Thank you. What I want to mean with "being different" is that it will have some changes, not important, but the ones who have supported the project deserve having something that will be different, unique.

How about the date engraving? Only the lights for original backers have the moon landing date? Just a thought.