Youll shoot ya eye out! Air riffle thread

raggie33

*the raggedier*
they most likely have to regaulate them people humans are idiots i should know im there king idiot

yearnslow

Enlightened
It's been quite a while since I owned an air rifle. First one I got was a BSA meteor when I was about 10.
I had a few Weihrauch's throughout my teen years like the HW80k underlever fixed barrel.
I got my FAC when I was about 25 and bought a Theoben Eliminator, but quickly moved on to a Anschutz .22lr.
Ended up with a Tikka .243 and a Sako .308.
I think air rifles are a valuable learning tool, especially for youngsters, in preparation for firearms.
All the same protocols that govern the use of firearms, apply to air rifles, or they should.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of PCP air rifles are more powerful than some centerfire rifles. A friend of mine got one in .45. that thing can take down a deer easy, probably will take a moose too in right hands. he made a mistake of not getting an electric pump with the rifle, he got a hand pump, to fill 500cc tank to 4000psi takes at least 15 min, and the pump is nothing like a bicycle pump. its stroke is much longer and it is harder to pump, after 15min of pumping, I was sweating like after 3 mile run.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Some of PCP air rifles are more powerful than some centerfire rifles. A friend of mine got one in .45. that thing can take down a deer easy, probably will take a moose too in right hands. he made a mistake of not getting an electric pump with the rifle, he got a hand pump, to fill 500cc tank to 4000psi takes at least 15 min, and the pump is nothing like a bicycle pump. its stroke is much longer and it is harder to pump, after 15min of pumping, I was sweating like after 3 mile run.
Reminds me of when I got a short-stroke foot pump for inflaring bicycle tires. Well, when you have such a pump you can technically use it to inflate a flat car tire too. Sounds great. A younger man tested the very same pump on YouTube, on a car tire. Roughly 2,200 pumps later, the tire was properly inflated. Yeah.... Maybe if I was 20 years younger I could do that in under 2 hours. Swapped it out for a Ryobi battery-powered tire inflater, instead.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
damn thats amazeing now i want one but then again id need a place to shoot it .oddly enough from my back door to the fence is 25 yards excatly . i can get 1 inch groups at 25 yards with my gamo break barrel but not my crossman. ..may switch to pcp. i hear they dont need as strong scopes due to less recoil

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
. i hear they dont need as strong scopes due to less recoil
It is not the strength of the recoil, it's the direction of the recoil impulse.
Brake barrels have forward recoil, even a scope rated for 50 cal, can fail from reverse recoil, BB rifles need scopes rated for reverse recoil, otherwise they get lose 0, and you'll never hit the target accurately.

Latest posts