• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Your Dream McGizmo ........

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
My dream McGizmo would to be just to own a PD McGizmo, Ti preferably. I could never afford one. One day I hope. I really like that PD-S. If Don does another run I'm definitely getting one!

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hate to dash your hope but I get the feeling that Don has moved on. He is building Lunasols now.Why not just either get one of those or look on the BST forum and get one when one comes up.To be frank and having at one time or other owned one or two of these lightsIMHO the current ligth that Don is building the Lunasol 20 is a better flashlight in just about every way. This is especially true in the fin details of the machine work of the current Lunasol's. The first lunasol I received a 27 had machine work which was so goos I couldn't beleive it. I had to get a second one as a backup and couldn't beleive the consistancy in ths machine work. There is no doubt that when compared to earlier titanium machine work from Don that this shop does work which is simply amazing.Anyway I hope you get your wish.In the meantime get yourself a Lunasol....You will not be disapointed.Yaesumofo
My dream McGizmo would to be just to own a PD McGizmo, Ti preferably. I could never afford one. One day I hope. I really like that PD-S. If Don does another run I'm definitely getting one!

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
I hate to dash your hope but I get the feeling that Don has moved on. He is building Lunasols now.Why not just either get one of those or look on the BST forum and get one when one comes up.To be frank and having at one time or other owned one or two of these lightsIMHO the current ligth that Don is building the Lunasol 20 is a better flashlight in just about every way. This is especially true in the fin details of the machine work of the current Lunasol's. The first lunasol I received a 27 had machine work which was so goos I couldn't beleive it. I had to get a second one as a backup and couldn't beleive the consistancy in ths machine work. There is no doubt that when compared to earlier titanium machine work from Don that this shop does work which is simply amazing.Anyway I hope you get your wish.In the meantime get yourself a Lunasol....You will not be disapointed.Yaesumofo

Yes I'm aware that his focus is on Lunasols now as he has posted. Again as he has mentioned in that same post he said he may consider doing a small run of them since he has some parts to make a small number of them. There's enough interest for them & I'm sure he won't have a problem selling them if he does.

I'm not getting my hopes up & I'm sure it probably won't happen but at least there's a chance.

If you haven't noticed a cetain individual has been looking for one for quite some time now. They haven't popped up for sale as I've been watching too. I'm sure the Lunasol is a better light but it's not the same light. I love how the PDs look with the flutes. I've always wanted one & I still want one. I want a Lunasol too but I want a PD-S more. I just want to take the chance of getting a Lunasol then a chance for the PD-S arises & I miss it.

So who has a PD-S for sale? Don't tell that other dude if you do, come to me first! :nana:

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast
DARKZERO QUOTE: If you haven't noticed a cetain individual has been looking for one for quite some time now. They haven't popped up for sale as I've been watching too. I'm sure the Lunasol is a better light but it's not the same light. I love how the PDs look with the flutes. I've always wanted one & I still want one. I want a Lunasol too but I want a PD-S more. I just want to take the chance of getting a Lunasol then a chance for the PD-S arises & I miss it.

So who has a PD-S for sale? Don't tell that other dude if you do, come to me first! :nana:[/QUOTE]

If you want to get a Ti PD make an offer to pay current values and
i'm sure you'll get one! The "cetain individual" wants to get one below market value .... hence ....NO LUCK finding one!:devil::devil::nana::nana:

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is no doubt that when compared to earlier titanium machine work from Don that this shop does work which is simply amazing.

The titanium working has seen a fairly consistant improvement from what I have seen and I have owned a few TiPD-S's and S27s from different waves. The working, particularly on the threads, was IMHO excellent on the last wave of TiPD-S's made.

84Maroon

Banned
If you want to get a Ti PD make an offer to pay current values and
i'm sure you'll get one! The "cetain individual" wants to get one below market value .... hence ....NO LUCK finding one!:devil::devil::nana::nana:

Thanks for having my back Griff.....:sigh:

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
My dream McGizmo has already been made. It's a mix between a LS27 and a SureFire Kroma with a 2x123a body and clicky tailcap. There was a thread about it a few months back. Unfortunately since it's a prototype I'll never own it, so my next best dream McGizmo is an XR-19C or an aluminum PD.

Last edited:

Sable

Enlightened
I've got my McPerfect (For now...the man keeps one-upping himself)...it's my LS27. The LS20 is probably more carryable for most people, but I really kind of like the 27mm heads.

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
To expand on the headlamp dock idea:

Screw in any PD head into the Dock.

The Dock is connected to a PD Pack Adapter via a cable.

Screw in your PD Pack into the PD Pack Adapter.

Now you control the head using the PD Pack like a normal PD light.

Depending on how long the cable is, you could store the PD Pack in your pocket, clip it to the headband, clip it to your pack, hang it around your neck, etc.

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast

Depending on how long the cable is, you could store the PD Pack in your pocket, clip it to the headband, clip it to your pack, hang it around your neck, etc.

I'll take two!! :poke::paypal::popcorn:

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
BigHonu...move to Maui and bug Don Nonstop about this idea of yours please!:twothumbs

Mayo

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast
My dream McGizmo has already been made. It's a mix between a LS27 and a SureFire Kroma with a 2x123a body and clicky tailcap. There was a thread about it a few months back. Unfortunately since it's a prototype I'll never own it, so my next best dream McGizmo is really any of them. Pick one, I'll take it!

That sounds like MY dream McGizmo. Do you have a link to the thread?

iconoclast

Enlightened

no, no, silly. the cable goes down your sleeve.
pack in hand, thumb on the piston!

Brian Johnson

Newly Enlightened
My dream already exists. The LS20 would suit me just fine, though until I get one, my Ti PD-S Mizer has made me happy enough to not have purchased anothe light since it arrived 16 months ago. Haven't even come close to being tempted by anything else until the LS20 appeared. :D

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally, when i first thought about this thread, "Dream" meant something you want but can't get. In another way it can mean something you have and cherish immensely. I have one from the latter.

LS27-Cx2 3-stage. Brighter DS Nichia's and a buck converter 650-750 ma. The flood is quite bright and the spot is now on par with the PD-S. I find it excellent outdoors around the house. Indoors, where the flood would be a little too bright the tail switch has a dropping resistor for a reduced output. Though not an ultra-low still dim enough to keep my night vision.
  1. Low Flood
  2. Normal Flood
  3. High spot
The space around the rubber switch cap has room to fit 3 tritium vials in my favorite red-white-blue array. :twothumbs

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally, when i first thought about this thread, "Dream" meant something you want but can't get. In another way it can mean something you have and cherish immensely. I have one from the latter.

LS27-Cx2 3-stage. Brighter DS Nichia's and a buck converter 650-750 ma. The flood is quite bright and the spot is now on par with the PD-S. I find it excellent outdoors around the house. Indoors, where the flood would be a little too bright the tail switch has a dropping resistor for a reduced output. Though not an ultra-low still dim enough to keep my night vision.
  1. Low Flood
  2. Normal Flood
  3. High spot
The space around the rubber switch cap has room to fit 3 tritium vials in my favorite red-white-blue array. :twothumbs

Whoa! Pics?