Your favorite / best / coolest / nicest flashlight of 2021?

ChibiM

Enlightened
We still have 2 months in 2021, so you still have enough time to decide :)
So what is/are your best flashlight(s) of 2021. (Must be bought/received in 2021)
Can be in any category, or multiple categories.

For example:

Best EDC: x flashlight
Best budget: y flashlights
Best keychain: z flashlight

Please use the full name of the flashlight.
Full name: Acebeam TK16 and not: Tk16

Here are the ones CPF members liked in past years:

Best of 2020

Best of 2019

Best of 2018

Best of 2017

Best of 2016

Best of 2015

Best of 2014

Best of 2013

Best EDC of 2012

CHNeal

Enlightened
I found use for lights that throw this year after always being a needs more spill for edc guy. The Malkoff Hound Dog makes me “giggle like a school girl “ according to my wife every time I touch the switch. It is my dedicated night hike light.

Best Special / Dedicated Use - Malkoff XP-L MD4 Hound Dog

Last edited:

3_gun

Enlightened
Best EDC: Fenix LD12/17 or Acebeam E70
Best budget: Sofirn S11c 1/30/300/1000 zoomie w/battery for $10. That's a deal
Best keychain: Fenix E01v2

As of 11/9 the S11c is up to $17, (I was going to order 2 more). Still a good light but now we're talking Convoy S2+ range

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Thanks for doing this again Chibi.

I need to think on it some since I have acquired a few this year. I don't know that any were 2021 models though.

Ok I pondered backward then looked around my den.
- My "best" budget light is a 3x aaa Coleman Battery Guard I learned of via member greenpondmike. I like the fact that it's got a 2 stage slider switch for low then high. Plus to add to it's old school flair it's a thrower. I bought other budget numbers that bend, that magnetize and so forth.
- My "best" keychain light would be my only keychain light. The 'squeeze' light by Nite Ize that puts out 4 lumens nicely to find dropped keys, a keyhole or fix a flat. It's a little larger than a US quarter coin.
- My "best" edc is still my PKDL PR-1 and PL-2, but I added both models of the Elzetta G-Line numbers. Both Elzetta lights stay home.
- My "best" holy crap that's bright this year is a toss up between 2 cell Maglite ML300LX in gray and coyote. But later this year I'm planning on adding an ML150LRX to my ML150 models acquired late last year.

My favorite flashlight for 2021 is the Coleman mentioned above with the Elzetta G-Line AA a close second, but it's only November.

Last edited:

Jim Bonney

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
I think my best in every category is my Prometheus Delta. It's the only light of 2021 I remember buying. I'm glad I did too, because it's the best light I've ever had.

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
I only got one light this year (it's been a tight-belt one while I finish paying all my personal loans), a Convoy C8+ with a CSLNM1.TG emitter. The best thrower I've ever had, by FAR surpassing anything else in my collection, including my older M2 SST20, that out-threw my C8 XM-L2. It's legitimately nuts. 🤯

sambob223

Newly Enlightened
The last two I bought were a couple of Maglite Solitaire's one Incandescent and an LED version..back In late 2020...thank you "Bud Lite virus" but, of the two I'd say I like the LED one best. had to save my money to stock up on toilet paper..for some reason.

parang

Newly Enlightened
My best EDC is the ReyLight Pineapple Mini 219B in brass. I like its light, size, style, and that it runs on all kinds of AAA format batteries.
I still really like and use the Acebeam TK16 and the Manker E14 III though.

It is probably a bit OT, but I feel like I should mention the Victorinox Traveller Lite as a great all-in-one EDC package (SAK, clock, weather station, light). Its lumen output is low, but fine for urban and indoor use IMHO. I carry mine with a small magnet but I could also hang it or stab its blade into something to hold the light for me.

My two keychains carry the Sofirn SC01, low in Kelvins and high in CRI.

The Convoy S12 in 3500K is still my most used budget utility light. Using them mounted on Manfrotto flexible arms and superclamps.

The Sofirn BLF LT1 deserves a mention - bought in March and used daily nightly as a night light, it needed recharging only recently. That's seven months with brand new batteries. Stoked about that.

chip100t

Enlightened
My favourite is my sofirn sc31 pro with a magnetic tail cap. Because I can set the mode memory to whichever brightness I prefer (100ish lumens most of the time).

Torches with last used memory are great, but not for me as my OCD means when ever I turn one on I can’t stop myself from cycling through anyway to check which mode it is in. so may as well start at a fixed mode.

Also it’s pretty unbeatable value so I don’t feel the need to mollycoddle it as it’s not set me back a chunk of change.

Flashlightmaster2021

Newly Enlightened
We still have 2 months in 2021, so you still have enough time to decide :)
So what is/are your best flashlight(s) of 2021. (Must be bought/received in 2021)
Can be in any category, or multiple categories.

For example:

Best EDC: x flashlight
Best budget: y flashlights
Best keychain: z flashlight

Please use the full name of the flashlight.
Full name: Acebeam TK16 and not: Tk16

Here are the ones CPF members liked in past years:

Best of 2020

Best of 2019

Best of 2018

Best of 2017

Best of 2016

Best of 2015

Best of 2014

Best of 2013

Best EDC of 2012
the only company worth getting flash light from... Thru nite, Check out the thru nite t1 and the cata pult mini

UFO

Newly Enlightened
Streamlight Stinger LED HL. 800L and throws a W-I-D-E beam.

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
My absolute coolest would be my McGizmo Haiku. This is carried only 2-3x per week so I don;t consider it EDC.

Favorite EDC: Reylight Stonewashed Ti Pineapple
Favorite Keychain: Olight i1R2. This just recently replaced my i1R

Honorable mention has to be made for the one I won in a raffle recently" Lumintop LM10

DrKropp

Newly Enlightened
Workkos WK30. Has a nice 3 emitter (high CRI white, red, and 365nm UV) design with a nice spill and a usable moonlight mode. The red works really well for spotting wildlife without startling them, the UV is great for anything fluorescent, and the white is bright when needed. Not a thrower. It comes with built in USB charging for the 26650 battery.

fuyume

Enlightened
Well, unless I buy another flashlight in 2021—which I might do—my favorites are the only three I've bought this year, which are the only flashlights I've bought in about 5 years: Fenix E12 v2.0, HM23, PD36 TAC, and I would heartily recommend them if they fit your usage profile.

What's next on my list is maybe a Fenix E18R, or maybe something from Nitecore. Nitecore has captured my attention recently with their iSeries 21700 batteries and especially the P20iX and P10iX tactical floodlights, their electronic whistle/beacon, their tiny lantern/charger set, and the bike light with the hood that reflects light onto the ground.

fuyume

Enlightened
It is probably a bit OT, but I feel like I should mention the Victorinox Traveller Lite as a great all-in-one EDC package
I'm a sucker for almost anything Victorinox, will def check this out. Thx!

mpetry912

Newly Enlightened
I just got a 4X18650 "Apollo" light from County Comm, very impressed with this one, excellent construction and great beam with 3 levels.

also got a Fenix TK75 which is a 4 cell 18650 light - very disappointed with it.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure it could be called the best or coolest but I'll give another vote to the Fenix PD36 Tac.

It's great to see Fenix offering a multi-mode UI again like it did for the old LD/ PD / TK lights.
The mechanical mode switch is great as it allows one-hand operation.

I can't say the light is perfect, it's missing a true low mode which in a light of this size it's a must.
Also it's great to have a mode that starts on high and one that has memory but there are two things missing UI-wise:
- a mode that starts always on Low (a real 2-lumen low);
- a shortcut to the highest brightness level in modes other than the tactical one.

The day they come out with such a UI they'll have the perfect flashlight.

boo5ted

Enlightened
Favorite EDC is the Lumintop FWAA
Favorite larger light is the Wurkkos TS21.