Your favorite brand of LED flashlights

rabbiporkchop

Newly Enlightened
I like the various versions of the Manta Ray C8.2. It's easy to modify and get replacement parts for and it's also dirt cheap.
HTB1BGqAagFY.1VjSZFnq6AFHXXa0.jpg

wayben

Newly Enlightened
CPF Supporter
Hi I haven't heard of HDS until now. But I have only been in the Flashlight scene for a year in December. Can you please tell me what HDS stands for, also where I can find them
Yes, what @lion504 said above. Sorry, I haven't been on all day and he beat me to it.
Wayne

fuyume

Newly Enlightened
Fenix for me. Because they make the units I want.

I want a 1xAA EDC light with a simple interface. E12 v2.0.
I want a 1xAA headlamp for backpacking with a simple interface. HM23.
I want a 1x21700 tactical light with a simple interface and a mechanical lock. PD36 TAC.
I want a 1x21700 bicycle headlamp with a simple interface and long runtimes with a flat brightness curve at brightness levels that make sense for bicycling. Again, PD36 TAC. Over 18 hours at 150 lumens and over 10 hours at 350 lumens.

tyoda0202

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to get my hands on a USA domestically made light one of these days. Too bad a lot of these folks might be fantastic machinist & engineers, but wow, a lot of work to be done on the websites, yikes...lol! Sorry, not intending to offending anyone.

tyoda0202

Newly Enlightened
^ Maybe try a Maglite. It's not just American it's well made in america.
Maglite huh? That's so nostalgic, like back in the 70's and 80's, if you happen to be old enough. We knew them as the security guard's clubs, and bright for their time. Can't disagree on the robust build, and today they have some newer tactical designs, but wow, still doing the original D and C cell bodies! I guess if you all mention it in 2021, it's a case of "...if it ain't broke, don't fix it!".

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Xl50, xl100, Xl200, all 3xAAA lights and very good.
Magtac. 2x cr123a
Magtac rechargeable. Same size but a proprietary lifepo4 18650 inside and cradle charging.
Not just c and d size lights