Your Most Versatile Light

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight H501. It's an all in one light - flashlight, headlamp, pocket light, work light, overhead light, belt light - and all hand free.

Last edited:

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Toohotruk... like minds, we are! Funny, though... I bought the AA version and a 123 tube... you bought the 123 version and an AA tube... two routes to the same great, versatile set-up! :thumbsup:

I should have done my homework though...you saved $2 by buying the AA + the 123 body! :ohgeez:

I LOVE the way it looks (and performs) in 123 form! :thumbsup:

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
I should have done my homework though...you saved $2 by buying the AA + the 123 body! :ohgeez:

I LOVE the way it looks (and performs) in 123 form! :thumbsup:

Yeah... at present I'm preferring the 123 form with an AW 16340 Li-Ion, but it's great to have the option for AA with a 14500 Li-Ion, a lithium primary, a NiMH Eneloop, or (god forbid) a lowly alkaline, if necessary.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Liteflux lights hands down... especially the early ones that came with diffuser tips. Proton Pro is close behind thanks to the red.

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm giving the edge to my LF3XT over my 5XT (lower low and a whole separate UI even if I never use CUI) even though I like the power versatility of the 5XT (14500, NiMh, L91, or even alkaline in a pinch).

I'm waiting for them to offer an 18650 version of the LF3XT.... that would be a phenomenal light I would buy in a heartbeat!

If the 2xAA tube finally comes out, and they release an 18650 tube for the 3XT head it would be even more versatile. :naughty:

aceo07

Enlightened
My HDS EDC U60 (seoul led upgraded) has been my primary light for years now. It does everything I need to.

I recently bought a Zebralight H501w and it's quite nice. It won't replace my HDS for most uses. I think it'll be good for room flood light and desk light/lamp for reading in bed.