ZebraLight H502 XM-L

wuyeah

Enlightened
What is difference between 502w/502c? I couldn't find 502w any where...
The w=warm (neutral light) and what does the "c" stands for? The 502c appear to be warm tint light from beam shot everyone is providing but it is not a XM-L and does not provide over 200Lm count.
My understand H502d is neither cool white or neutral...since I had H31F for short period of time, the cool white beam has purple-ish beam tint and neutral is def yellow-ish tint. I would imagine H502d would be not as blue as cool white, not as yellow as neutral.
If someone could confirm the H502d color that would be great.

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
I couldn't find 502w any where...

wuyeah: You mean you couldn't find the specs or couldn't find it for sale?

If the description/specs, you'll just need to look at the ZebraLight "Compare All Models" chart (viewable from any page on their site).

Since it's not released yet, that's probably the best you can do at the moment.

wuyeah

Enlightened
wuyeah: You mean you couldn't find the specs or couldn't find it for sale?

If the description/specs, you'll just need to look at the ZebraLight "Compare All Models" chart (viewable from any page on their site).

Since it's not released yet, that's probably the best you can do at the moment.

Oh, no wonder. and spec brightness data is also N/A right!?

Esko

Enlightened
is the H502D closer to cool white or neutral?

This is a good question. When on higher modes, it just looked pretty white. On lower modes, it looked a bit cool, but I thought it might be because all my other headlamps (the ones I use) are warmer.

Now, this is a bit disappointing.

I hadn't really used it much before I wrote my last comment. I compared it to some of my lights now. H51c was clearly warmer, but I think the difference was bigger when I compared it to Fenix TK21 (XM-L cool white). Surprisingly, the tint seems to be quite close to the tint of my SD6-460NW. When comparing them, Spark seemed to be only slightly more on purple side, and H502d slightly more on (sic:ohgeez:) green side. That said, it really seems to be that the d model has greener tint on sides, too. Unfortunately, some of the light is reflected from (or goes below) the GITD reflector and turns to green, giving a small but not so nice hue to the light (you can see that the GITD reflector shines relatively brightly when the light is on). For some reasons the effect seems to be stronger on the lower levels, and rather nonexistent on high. Not to say that it matters that much in real use (and IIRC it is nothing like the tint of Preon P0), but, this surely is something I didn't expect or didn't want to see. :sigh:

Diablo_331

Enlightened
It seems to be, to me at least, that the 502c may be the least talked about model in this thread. I just ordered myself one and it will go great alongside my holy grail of EDC lights, my beloved SC51c. You're NOT knocking this baby out of my pockets any time soon! I LOVE the warm Rebel that Zebra uses and to have it in an all flood light is very exciting! I can't wait!

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
For some reasons the effect seems to be stronger on the lower levels, and rather nonexistent on high. Not to say that it matters that much in real use (and IIRC it is nothing like the tint of Preon P0), but, this surely is something I didn't expect or didn't want to see. :sigh:
Current controlled lights usually change tint in the lo modes.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think a 4C XML would be perfect in the W version.

It's tint is VERY close to the Nichia219 92CRI we all love.

Esko

Enlightened
For some reasons the effect seems to be stronger on the lower levels, and rather nonexistent on high.

I took some pics, and didn't see that on them. White balance set to 5000K, the beam was pretty green in the pics though (consistently).

Another interesting/disturbing discovery (bearing in mind that there were some water issues reported). On higher modes, some light is leaking from the top of the light, between the rubber switch and the body. :thinking: Unfortunately I don't believe I have time to make more tests before next week.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast

I trust your experience. If you like it, I will go along. Ask Zebralight to use it.

Diablo_331

Enlightened

While I agree with you that the tint the Nichia 219 pumps out is great, I can't see ZL straying too far from their normal 4200k temp of their "w" models. I guess we'll just have to wait and see..:thinking:

ulfheonar

Newly Enlightened
all back order , including h51 and h51w , thats great , instead I upgraded my edc knife (mini gerber & small gerber 625) to a spyderco sage 1 , I hope to receive it soon! I wish I could have get a zebra for this summer , to replace my ( fenix e01 & princeton tech quad ) , i will wait , I really want a zebra , my eneloop xx that I got a month ago have not been used yet

Diablo_331

Enlightened
all back order , including h51 and h51w , thats great , instead I upgraded my edc knife (mini gerber & small gerber 625) to a spyderco sage 1 , I hope to receive it soon! I wish I could have get a zebra for this summer , to replace my ( fenix e01 & princeton tech quad ) , i will wait , I really want a zebra , my eneloop xx that I got a month ago have not been used yet

Use a search engine. There are dealers with various models in stock.

marcis

Newly Enlightened
Small update on my thoughts for the H502. After using it for a weekish I now think it is quite green compared to my h51f. The xml with the GITD thing seems to make a green tint. I still love this headlamp, but I think zebralight needs to get rid of the GITD thing fast. If the GITD thing is not responsible for the green hue, then xml's suck..... with that said I love the tint of my spark sd-52 NW. So in other words I don't think it's the xmls fault.. get rid of the GITD thing zebralight, Please!

Otherwise, this light is awesome.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received my H502d yesterday, the 5000K does look like true daylight temperature. My SC60W and SC600W looks like warm white comparing to it. And the green "tint" from the GITD "reflector" only fringes on the edge of the spill, not a bother unless you're a white wall hunter.

I must say, each time I ordered from Zebralight, their anodizing comes in different shades. This batch is by far my favorite, it's in a nice matte, dark (olive?) gray anodizing. Hope it'll still be the same for my next order.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received my H502d yesterday, the 5000K does look like true daylight temperature. My SC60W and SC600W looks like warm white comparing to it. And the green "tint" from the GITD "reflector" only fringes on the edge of the spill, not a bother unless you're a white wall hunter.

I must say, each time I ordered from Zebralight, their anodizing comes in different shades. This batch is by far my favorite, it's in a nice matte, dark (olive?) gray anodizing. Hope it'll still be the same for my next order.
Great! You got the H502d? Can I take a look to compare it to the H501w and H51Fw?

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received my H502d yesterday....

Did you also get a cool H502, i.e. one of the first XMLs?

I'd love to hear from someone who has both the XML and one of the Rebels (c or d) how much they notice the drop-off in lumens on maximum.

I'm still waiting for the XML neutral to be released, because I want the extra lumens and I'm very happy with the tint of my H600w.

But the longer they delay the release of the H502w, the more I'm tempted by that H502d.... But will I regret the drop from 260 down to 170 lumens?