Zebralight H502c L2

ronniepudding

Enlightened
I was just looking at Zebralight's website, and they have new headlamps in stock... an "L2" version of their Luxeon-based lamps. I'm specifically looking at the H502c model (Item # ZLH502c-2), and the changes since the old 502c that are immediately obvious are:
  1. The battery tube on this new version is "ribbed" rather than smooth.
  2. High output is 170 lumens, versus 142 on the old one (other output levels differ slightly, accordingly)
  3. Emitter is Luxeon T, versus Rebel on the old version (besides increased output, other specs are the same: 85 CRI and 4000K temp)

Otherwise it looks very similar to the old model.

Anyone have one yet? Thoughts on the Luxeon T and body upgrades?

[Apologies if there are already threads on this... I did a few searches before posting.]

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am guessing it would be more appropriate to say they will not support 14500 use. But the light should work great with it regardless.

Enlightened
I was just looking at Zebralight's website, and they have new headlamps in stock... an "L2" version of their Luxeon-based lamps. I'm specifically looking at the H502c model (Item # ZLH502c-2), and the changes since the old 502c that are immediately obvious are:
  1. The battery tube on this new version is "ribbed" rather than smooth.
  2. High output is 170 lumens, versus 142 on the old one (other output levels differ slightly, accordingly)
  3. Emitter is Luxeon T, versus Rebel on the old version (besides increased output, other specs are the same: 85 CRI and 4000K temp)
Otherwise it looks very similar to the old model. Anyone have one yet? Thoughts on the Luxeon T and body upgrades? [Apologies if there are already threads on this... I did a few searches before posting.]
Strobe mode and battery indicator.

moozooh

Enlightened
Might want to add "H502d L2" to the title as well, so that it is returned in search queries.

The specs on H502d in particular seem to be out of date. There seem to be no new features other than the extra strobe interface (the battery indicator was there since the original H502). I hope I won't have to replace my original H502d anytime soon though—I'll sorely miss the clicky button.

ronniepudding

Enlightened
Might want to add "H502d L2" to the title as well, so that it is returned in search queries.

Not sure how I change the title of the thread....

The specs on H502d in particular seem to be out of date. There seem to be no new features other than the extra strobe interface (the battery indicator was there since the original H502). I hope I won't have to replace my original H502d anytime soon though—I'll sorely miss the clicky button.

I see both the old H502d and the new H502d L2 on Zebralight's site... the description of the H502d L2 model appears to have been updated to include the new 'T' emitter and the triple-click-to-strobe UI change, but the max output has not changed and is still 170 lumens. Not sure if that's an oversight, but since the H502c L2 model shows exactly the same outputs at all levels as the H502d and H502d L2... I suspect someone copied and pasted the specs from the H502d model when editing the web page, and didn't proofread. =\ I was under the impression that the new 'T' emitter is slightly brighter than the Rebel, so the output SHOULD increase in both of the L2 models, right?

Further evidence for the specs being error-ridden is the heading for the H502c L2, which says "H502c L2 High CRI Daylight AA Flood Headlamp", -- and to my understanding the H502c is supposed to be NEUTRAL tint, not DAYLIGHT tint.

To my mind, these specs are not reliable. Does anyone out there in CPF land have one of the new L2 lamps? We need a Selfbuilt review to be sure what's what =))

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1! yes please. Selfbuilt? Other great reviewers? We need some serious comparative intel on these! I'm in the market (again) for a High CRI (HCRI) light... both the c and d could be good, but I really need some real-world thoughts. Thank you!