Zebralight H60

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
Exactly why I will probably spend a few bucks more to get 4Sevens outstanding service.

Just so you know. . . . I bought both of my defective Zebralights from 4-Sevens. But that's no strike against them since all they do is send the light back to Zebralight for warranty repairs/replacement. 4-Sevens isn't going to just take a defective light back and send you a replacement immediately. But I do think that 4-Sevens customer service would be much quicker with their own lights than with other manufacturers' lights.

When I get my H50 back, I will contact ZL directly since that will probably end up being quicker than sending it to 4-Sevens to have them send it to ZL.

Last edited:

wapkil

Enlightened
Just so you know. . . . I bought both of my defective Zebralights from 4-Sevens. But that's no strike against them since all they do is send the light back to Zebralight for warranty repairs/replacement. 4-Sevens isn't going to just take a defective light back and send you a replacement immediately. But I do think that 4-Sevens customer service would be much quicker with their own lights than with other manufacturers' lights.

When I get my H50 back, I will contact ZL directly since that will probably end up being quicker than sending it to 4-Sevens to have them send it to ZL.

There is a thread in the Café that ended with the discussion of a similar situation.

I don't want to defend ZebraLight (their lights obviously shouldn't leak) but I don't think you can complain about their customer service. If you sent the light to 4sevens, you used 4sevens' CS. What happened after that depends on the actions and relations between the two businesses (4sevens and ZebraLight) and I think we don't really know anything about it.

pteam

Newly Enlightened
I have bought 3 zebralight h60, theyre most expensive one. 2 of the 3 have stopped working within 2 months, been waiting over a month for them to get fixed. Just as others have stated above quality control is bad.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have bought 3 zebralight h60, theyre most expensive one. 2 of the 3 have stopped working within 2 months, been waiting over a month for them to get fixed. Just as others have stated above quality control is bad.

Well thats not good to hear....I just bought an H60W and an H30.

Hopefully I won't have any issues.

tankahn

Newly Enlightened
I couldn't set the memory of my new H50W. It always start at the highest level even afer exiting at the lowest dim mode. Any similar experiences and can I fix it?

Well thats not good to hear....I just bought an H60W and an H30.

Hopefully I won't have any issues.

wapkil

Enlightened
I couldn't set the memory of my new H50W. It always start at the highest level even afer exiting at the lowest dim mode. Any similar experiences and can I fix it?

Do you mean H501w? It doesn't have the memory. If you click the button, it will start on high, if you press and hold, it will start on low.

ErickThakrar

Enlightened
If someone were to make a replacement button retaining ring for the H60, I'm 99% certain that would fix the issue. The current one is simply too thin and appears to warp when tightened down. A ring/button guard made from a heavier gauge of stainless steel should fix the problem immediately.

tankahn

Newly Enlightened
Do you mean H501w? It doesn't have the memory. If you click the button, it will start on high, if you press and hold, it will start on low.

Oops! I mean the H60W. I got the same reply from their customer service.

There is no memory function in the H60 or any other current ZebraLight
headlamps.
Lillian Xu

But light-reviews.com seems to indicate there is some kind of memory function but of very limited use.

The H60 does memorize your choice of regular or alternate levels even after the light is switched off.

Anyway its a shame. I keep blinding myself and those around me each time I turned it back on.
Had to cover the lens first and cycle to dim. Poor marks for that.

wapkil

Enlightened
Oops! I mean the H60W. I got the same reply from their customer service.

But light-reviews.com seems to indicate there is some kind of memory function but of very limited use.

Anyway its a shame. I keep blinding myself and those around me each time I turned it back on.Had to cover the lens first and cycle to dim. Poor marks for that.

It has another type of memory - it memorizes which of the two selectable levels you set for Lo and Med.

I still don't understand what is the problem that makes you blind yourself. If you press and hold the button, it will start on low...

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my H60W and H30 in the mail today!

All I can say is WOW!!

Very Cool lights!

Now the wait for darkness begins.

The tint of the H60W is excellent and the output seems great!

Now the H30 just need to have the Q5 replaced with a Q3-5A..luckily I have one for it already.

Has anyone done any runtime test to verify the runtime claims on either light?

gsxrac

Enlightened
Well 12 pages later im almost wishing I hadnt ordered an H60. SO many problems. And for the money you spend you dont want to get a POS light and especially when you consider that a lot of headlamp users RELY on their headlamps (Cavers, Night bikers, Etc.) And if you drop it in a puddle it should be perfectly fine. You shouldnt have to worry about water droplets apearing a couple days down the road. Not to mention I ordered 4 days ago direct from ZL and my package JUST shipped today. Thank god its EMS because I hate having to wait for internet purchases.

pobox1475

Enlightened
I have been waiting for the dust to settle on all the issues. Pretty much decided to go with the 501 as my first ZL and use the 18650 I got in a new DBS V3.

mdocod

Flashaholic
Reading this thread leads me to believe that the H60 is unfortunately not something that can be trusted at this time....

I'm searching for an 18650 powered headlamp option for my neighbor who does a ton of backpacking and uses a headlamp for 3-4 hours per day while doing it.

Looks like the only option is going to be a hand-held and a strap of sorts to get what we want.

pobox1475

Enlightened
^ One of the smaller ZL's might suffice and will be more comfortable for extended wear. Supplement that with a long distance light like a DBS (18650) and bases should be covered.

jahxman

Enlightened
I got a H60w which only seems to want to work with 17670 batteries, it won't work with any 18650 batteries that I've tried in it - the only thing I can figure is that the 18650 is just a little bit longer than the 17670s that I have.

Anyone else have this issue and solved it, or do I need to contact ZL? It does work fine on the 17670 but I'd like the longer runtime...and for it to work as it is supposed to....

fareast

Enlightened
For a while now I have wanted to try a Zebralight but I never got around to it. The one that most interested me was the H30 but it is just not available with a 5A tint. So I opted for the H60w. Like most people here I read all the posts and got a bit worried about it's quality. Of course, good CS is great but I am one of those who would rather not deal with CS at all, ever! I am looking forward to the first company which doesn't have a CS because there's no need for it.

Still though, I wanted to try the light and just ordered it a few weeks ago. As everyone has said about the Zebra's, they rock for their intended purpose and I fully agree. Anyone could use one of these! I have not had any issues with it at all. Mine is apparently very watertight but then again I am using a different switch boot (a taller one) and added an o-ring to the retaining ring. Around the circumference I have glued a piece of self adhesive velcro so turning in the supplied holders is only done deliberately. Still though, the accessories are chunky so make your own tight holders as many have done already. For walks I just put it in the 5th jeans pocket and it sticks out enough to light my path.

Does anyone have issues with a Zebralight they purchased recently?

edit: alright then, the top part (head/switch part) on the back, has a spot with non-removable stains. An example of bad anodising? Oh well...

Last edited:

AvPD

Enlightened
Finally tested my H60W on a camping trip, lanterns have become secondary. I should note that I added a strap that goes over the top of the head (should come like this from the factory). With the 5A there's no issues with the colour rendition. Using the default second-to-highest mode drained my first battery pretty quickly, after that I used the medium and low modes. The runtime was long enough that I didn't need to change to a third battery (maybe approaching 10 hours of usage). The third-to-highest mode is bright enough for pretty much any task like collecting firewood or cooking.
Unlike my last trip where I relied upon a LED torch with a diffuser and a cheap dim LED headlamp for illumination, I didn't need general illumination from a lantern except maybe for comfort (when it didn't attract bugs). The runtime of the H60 helps because you can have it on for the whole night if you need to, not something that every headlamp is capable of.

The main annoyance is switching modes, it requires precise timing and if you get it wrong you have to start over again, which is not the most endearing quality if you're often switching from off to one of the five non-default modes. One saving grace is that it remembers which low or medium mode you used last. The fast 'double click' while on the go and switching to low are the most error-prone operations.

Apart from that it's the only real headlamp as far as I'm concerned, and in combination with a LED lantern saves having to lug around heavy gas lantern equipment and paying extortionate prices to refill gas bottles.

CathastrophiX

Newly Enlightened
Now it been almost a year since I bought my H60 and H30's, they all work flawlessly (The H60 has worked perfectly since I shortened the spring). I and my family use them almost daily now, since it's getting dark here again. These headlamps rock!
@AvPD -have you tried another battery?
If the voltage goes to low you can get weird effects on the modes.

AvPD

Enlightened
@AvPD -have you tried another battery?
If the voltage goes to low you can get weird effects on the modes.

Not sure what you're talking about specifically, but I am aware that the ZL will turn itself off when the battery runs low, but will still work for a while on lower modes.

Just trying to relate the experience of using it as my only source of illumination, sort of like a shake-down cruise.