Zebralight H600 Fc vs H604c (only beamshot)

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's really easy to measure that with a DMM. Take off the tailcap, stick one lead on the battery, and one lead on the shiny edge of the body tube. If the current is higher than around 30uA after settling for a few seconds, you have a problem.

Thank you
I have a value that fluctuates between 43 and 47 but after a few seconds it is more between 45 and 47.
This measurement was made with a new, not fully charged battery (3.77 V) I have no idea if this can affect it.

Edit: Zebralight replied quickly and issued an RMA.I did not understand, however, if the light is repaired or replaced.

Last edited:

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Damn! Just checked my inventory and see I have an SC53c and SC53Fc already. Nice tints! Will be even better in a headlamp.

If you talk about inventory you have a nice collection ;-) I did it once on Eneloop and charger but on the Flashlights I refused to do it.
I miss H53Fc, I am very tempted but now I use little AA lights.
You just bought 3 magnificent lights I'm sure you will be happy.

Last edited:

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you
I have a value that fluctuates between 43 and 47 but after a few seconds it is more between 45 and 47.
This measurement was made with a new, not fully charged battery (3.77 V) I have no idea if this can affect it.

Edit: Zebralight replied quickly and issued an RMA.I did not understand, however, if the light is repaired or replaced.

If that's microamps, it's an okay result. Certainly not the cause of your battery drain.

If you're actually reading milliamps, that would certainly cause a cell to go dead in 2 or 3 days.

Cemoi

Enlightened
Hi all,
Can you please point out to me the differences between these two Zebralight models: H600Fc Mk IV 18650 XHP50.2 Floody 4000K High CRI Headlamp and H604c 18650 XHP50.2 Flood 4000K High CRI Headlamp?
Same LED, same color temp, same CRI, both said to be floody, same price... I only see a minor difference in output.
Is one model more recent?
Both are "Back ordered": what does this mean with ZL?
I already own two ZL and would be happy to buy one more, since I really love the UI.
But I regret they don't have a magnet on the tail. Can this be modified (glued magnet or other DIY solution)?

NPL

Enlightened
The Official Zebralight Thread .

Yeah, that would be good. I like the SC600w HI, it has some decent throw for such a small light. But, they could probably double that with a bigger reflector and maybe driving it a little harder. Though, over-driving isn't really Zebralight's thing. I'm not sure what the max rated current is for the XHP35 HI, but I thought it would have a little more room than Zebralight is doing in the SC600w HI. A SC700 body would give more ability to cool it.

I wouldn't buy it, because I haven't bought into the 21700 craze yet, but I could see that it might be popular with some.
I would prefer 18650 to keep it as small as possible. I haven't gone to 21700 batteries either.

Edit:
H604c has no reflector, so much floodier with no hotspot for perfectly uniform light, ultra wide angle, and ideal for close up work.

H600fc will be better for all around use.

Last edited:

Cemoi

Enlightened
Thanks NPL for the clarification. The difference was not obvious from ZL's titles, which both say "Flood(y)".

Mr. LED

Enlightened
The H600Fc has a reflector and a frosted lens to diffuse the beam. It has a hotspot but it's broad and floody.

The H604c does not have a reflector, only the LED and it's the maximum flood you can get, no hotspot at all.

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
If that's microamps, it's an okay result. Certainly not the cause of your battery drain.

If you're actually reading milliamps, that would certainly cause a cell to go dead in 2 or 3 days.

Unfortunately the second option.
After that I did another test with a different protected battery.
Measured 4.10 V before inserting it into the H600Fc, after about 12/13 hours it was 3.77 V
This seems much worse, before it took approximately a month to drain a battery.
In a few days I will send it back to have it replaced.

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
The beam pattern on the Wizard is very similar to the H600F.

Today I got the Wizard Pro warm (XHP50)
Some time ago I bought it and returned immediately. It did little light, it was definitely a bad light (I tried with two different batteries)

Now I wanted to try again and the specimen that arrived to me far exceeds expectations.
It is very cold and I did some hurried tests but I was surprised by the results, I was expecting a very similar beam, generalizing one could say yes.
But I have seen that the H600Fc throws less but has better tint and more homogeneous beam.
The Wizard Pro looks much brighter and throws a few meters further, the color of my specimen is very beautiful but you can see the difference with the Zebra's Hi Cri.
I made two or three comparative videos but they are very poor, maybe later I can insert a link.

Last edited:

bbltint

Newly Enlightened
both said to be floody,
That's not true.
H600Fc= floody
H604c = flood

ZL is beamwise making 3 different type of 18650-headlights:
H600, spot and spill. With reflector. "Normal" beam with hotspot.
H600F, floody. With reflector and frosted lens, which is diffusing beam very nicely.
H604, flood. Mule, no reflector, wall of light (120°), very short beam distance, good inside and for close(r) working.

Letters c,d,w are indicating led's features.

Look post #1, Stefanos GIFs are very demonstrative.

Last edited:

NPL

Enlightened
So sorry, misread the 604c for 600c. The 604c as mentioned above has no reflector so mad very little reach but perfectly even and uniform light. Will try and correct my previous post.

Sent from my Pixel using Candlepowerforums mobile app

Toehead

Newly Enlightened
So sorry, misread the 604c for 600c. The 604c as mentioned above has no reflector so mad very little reach but perfectly even and uniform light. Will try and correct my previous post.

Sent from my Pixel using Candlepowerforums mobile app

How far is the beam of the 603c effective? I have a AA version and love the 120 degree flood but I feel it doesn't have the power to illuminate past 20 yards.

julian627

Newly Enlightened
Had a 502C with 120deg beam profile. Lighting was more scattered and subdued due to this. I will persomally not go for any beam anhle less than 90deg. I prefer headlamps with a hotspot and slight fill combo, just dial it down for close work/book reading .

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately the second option.
After that I did another test with a different protected battery.
Measured 4.10 V before inserting it into the H600Fc, after about 12/13 hours it was 3.77 V
This seems much worse, before it took approximately a month to drain a battery.
In a few days I will send it back to have it replaced.

After a long time I can mention that my H600Fc that had a parasitic drain problem was repaired.
I spent 13 euros to send it to China, I had to wait a bit because when I sent it there was the Chinese New Year, then Covid.
When I received it I put a battery inside and waited about 40 days, after measuring it I can say that there was no variation.
So Zebralight support worked well, I don't know what was done just that "the light was repaired"