Zebralight H600/H604/H600F MKIV headlamp

Beendare

Newly Enlightened
I've been lurking for over a year on this thread and waiting for this info...thx Curious.

I ordered my H600w mk IV XHP35 today....It was between the higher CRI version...and the spot....I got the spot.

phayward

Newly Enlightened
> was between the higher CRI version...and the spot....

I thought you could get both together - spot and high CRI ?

I know the Zebralight website is rich in layers... but I waded through it and made a list...
Happy to be told I'm wrong, but I believe that (aside from the floody 'F' & Flood '604' models)
there are four current (MkIV) 'spot' models - all with 12º spot / 80º spill :

H600 MkIV - XHP35 5700 K & CRI = 70
H600w MkIV - XHP35 4500 K & CRI = 80
H600c MkIV - XHP50.2 4000 K & CRI = 93-95
H600d MkIV - XHP50.2 5000 K & CRI = 93-95

Which means you'd have a choice of 2 temperature spots (600c or d) at the higher CRI.

Curious

Newly Enlightened
I believe that (aside from the floody 'F' & Flood '604' models)
there are four current (MkIV) 'spot' models - all with 12º spot / 80º spill

The H600c and H600d use the larger Cree XHP50.2 and thus have a 17º spot.

The H600 and H600w use the smaller XHP35 and thus have a 12º spot.

Cpl S

Newly Enlightened
Hey, guys, I'm just curious which one from the H604 need to get.

It looks like you want pure flood with no reach. Maybe the frosted lens of the H600Fc Mk IV at 4000 High CRI would get you where you want to be. Any reason why you specifically want to choose from the 604's only?

immortal--

Newly Enlightened
It looks like you want pure flood with no reach. Maybe the frosted lens of the H600Fc Mk IV at 4000 High CRI would get you where you want to be. Any reason why you specifically want to choose from the 604's only?

No specifically reason, I'm new with all the info here, I think they are the latest models, but maybe i'm wrong. Need something around 1000+ lumens for 2-3h. On all 604's it says '120 degree flood', so I think it's like on the picture.

Cpl S

Newly Enlightened
Looks like you know what you want :) the 604 is what I picked, too, because 120 degree spill was better than the 90 degree flood of the 600 for my application. I figured I could put some DC Fix-It on the lens of the 604 if I wanted full frosted lens. I have a Sc600w MKIV if I need to get some lumens down range, so it and the 604 are a marriage made in heaven.

Good luck on your decision, and let us know what you end up choosing!

likethevegetable

Enlightened
No specifically reason, I'm new with all the info here, I think they are the latest models, but maybe i'mJu wrong. Need something around 1000+ lumens for 2-3h. On all 604's it says '120 degree flood', so I think it's like on the picture.

Just so you know, the light won't be able to sustain 1000 lumens for the entire time, it will likely drop to 600-700 lm after a few minutes. With the 604 120* flood models, the beam doesn't have near as much reach as the others, so if you want to see far, you'll need lots of lumens which the light can't keep up with. My H600Fc for example drops from its max (spec'd at 1500 lumens) to about 60% brightness after a minute. If this will be your sole light and you need some reach, I'd advise against it. But if you're only be using it short range or have a companion light that can throw a bit, it's a perfect option.

Looks like you know what you want :) the 604 is what I picked, too, because 120 degree spill was better than the 90 degree flood of the 600 for my application. I figured I could put some DC Fix-It on the lens of the 604 if I wanted full frosted lens. I have a Sc600w MKIV if I need to get some lumens down range, so it and the 604 are a marriage made in heaven.

Good luck on your decision, and let us know what you end up choosing!

FYI, I doubt the DC-Fix will modify the beam at all, it will definitely reduce the output, but since the beam is already so diffuse, so why diffuse it some more?

People typically put the DC-Fix on the regular spot/spill models, eg. H600c to make it an H600"F"c.

I have an H53c and H53Fc, and with DC-Fix, the H53c is pretty close to the H53Fc. DC-Fix, or a white latex glove, over top of an H53Fc will be closer to an H503c.

Cpl S

Newly Enlightened
I often use the headlamp for very upclose work, and I don't want any hotspot at all, so the frosted lens helps to further eliminate that for me. This is one of the reasons my Nitecore D10's with the water bottle caps on the ends were so beloved. I just got tired of putting metal between my teeth.

likethevegetable

Enlightened
I often use the headlamp for very upclose work, and I don't want any hotspot at all, so the frosted lens helps to further eliminate that for me. This is one of the reasons my Nitecore D10's with the water bottle caps on the ends were so beloved. I just got tired of putting metal between my teeth.

Ahh I see, we're talking very up close. I'm a bit surprised that you can distinguish the hot spot.

If you ever get sick of removing and reapplying the DC-Fix, I highly recommend this:

B7PuJT6.jpg

Last edited:

LogansRun

Newly Enlightened
Ahh I see, we're talking very up close. I'm a bit surprised that you can distinguish the hot spot.

If you ever get sick of removing and reapplying the DC-Fix, I highly recommend this:
Hmm... never would have considered this. Is the light very diffused? What about heat build-up? Would it melt it?

NPL

Enlightened
Any H600c or H600d owners out there that can share info on beam and tint or beamshots? Very curious how it compares to their lightly frosted brothers.

h17

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

My first post here.

Any H600c or H600d owners out there that can share info on beam and tint or beamshots? Very curious how it compares to their lightly frosted brothers.

Bought one a week ago (Canadian, ordered to be shipped to US). Just came back from the short hike in complete darkness, the weather was foggy with strong rain. I also own H51w (for 6 years, I attached to it Fenix Diffuser Lens AD401 - well know mod for this flashlight) so I took it with me as well.
First of all, I did not make any pictures, managed to drop the phone in the puddle since I was in gloves. Secondly, H600C has much more power comparing to H51w and this is not a surprise. What is the big surprise to me is how wide the beam of H600C is - this is really _wide. LZ web site says:

Beam Type

• 17 degree hot spot
  • 80 degree spill

Well, I don't know about 80 degrees, to me it looks like 170 degrees meaning that the throw distance is much less than I expected. I don't think that this flashlight will be my favorite one for hiking and if I would live in US then most likely I would send it back to ZL and tried a different model. So, if you are thinking about getting H600c Mk IV 18650 XHP50.2 4000K High CRI Headlamp you should take it into consideration.

One more thing to mention - you might want to check the following link
    https://www.reddit.com/r/flashlight/comments/9u9rge/zebralight_h600fc_mkiv_vs_h600c_mkiv_for_offtrail/

which basically confirms my observations.

NPL

Enlightened
Thanks for chiming in and too bad you don't like it. If you want more throw, the h600w xhp35 is probably a better option. Is there alot if variation in tint across the beam of the h600c?

h17

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for chiming in and too bad you don't like it. If you want more throw, the h600w xhp35 is probably a better option. Is there alot if variation in tint across the beam of the h600c?

Actually I did not say that I did no like it, I said I was surprised. Basically that surprise was the result of my failure to do the homework before ordering this particular model. I read that High CRI is great for true color reproduction, I knew that the light would be yellowish since this is 4000K CCT FL, I also read that due to High CRI the efficiency will be 10%-15% less in comparison with cool white but in reality I simply did not know what would it give (all factors combined) in real world test. May be if I could find some beamshots and read some reviews when I would be more prepared for the first usage of this particular FL.
All I all, since I am going to keep it I will definitely find a use for the FL and most likely it will be something like working on my car in the garage or on different electronics projects when extra light is always beneficial.

To answer your question: I did not notice any variations in tint across the beam, it is steady yellowish (obviously, brighter in the center but still the same color). So, no rainbow on the (reasonably) )white wall of my garage or other artifacts.

And finally: I dont know if I am allowed to post here links to different FL related sites but I will try. There is a web site that allows you to see beamshots for ZEBRALIGHT H600FC MK4, which is also High CRI, 4000K - I found it after I already ordered my FL. Check it out and you will see what I mean by saying that the light is yellowish:

http://fonarevka.ru/

Switch interface to English, click on "Search flashlights in the database", select "ZEBRALIGHT H600FC MK4" -> "Cave". Now you can choose different levels (High, Mid, Low) and check the picture. My h600c is very close (if not identical) to the shown beam pattern and the color.

Have a good weekend.

NPL

Enlightened
Thanks H17. Glad to hear you don't dislike it and didn't mean to make any assumptions. I previously owned the h600fc but wanted more throw out of the light. The h600w I used to have had a great balance of throw and spill but it was low CRI.

Last edited:

h17

Newly Enlightened

B7PuJT6.jpg

This is my variant, may be not so sexy but still pretty functional:

file.php