Zebralight H602

Knaver

Newly Enlightened
Hi all. Long time lurker here.... Just ordered this h602 in cool white beam. Found it for a great price on brightguy. Ordered tenergy batts and charger. Hope it all turns out good! Spending some Christmas money....

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all. Long time lurker here.... Just ordered this h602 in cool white beam. Found it for a great price on brightguy. Ordered tenergy batts and charger. Hope it all turns out good! Spending some Christmas money....

Did you get the price for $69? After seeing your post I went to the site and saw that price but I was waiting on an email from Brightguy asking about if I could have them swap the black holders for the GITD ones and now when I check the price it is $89 which is the standard price. I wonder if they caught a pricing error, and i wonder if anyone actually got one for $69?

Knaver

Newly Enlightened
Did you get the price for $69? After seeing your post I went to the site and saw that price but I was waiting on an email from Brightguy asking about if I could have them swap the black holders for the GITD ones and now when I check the price it is $89 which is the standard price. I wonder if they caught a pricing error, and i wonder if anyone actually got one for $69?
Yes, I got it for $69. I called them the next day to make sure it was really a new h602 for that price, and she said, "oops, I'm fixing that right now..." Minutes later it was $89. Should have kept my big mouth shut. I will say they are extremely helpful, and a no hold-time phone# is listed on their home page.

Knaver

Newly Enlightened
Broke down and ordered a h52f as well. I can get AA batts from work and also want to try a 14500 possibly...

typevii

Newly Enlightened
Initial impressions of my first Zebralight, a 602w. Wow, very nice. A lot smaller and lighter than I expected, really like the UI and overall the quality looks very good (yet to actually submerge it). Tint is very nice as well. Does exactly what I expected, only more so, which is flood.
I was worried with some of the earlier comments as well, wanting the 150lm as the medium, however so far I am happy with with 1020 and 330 for H1 and H2, then the drop to medium is good for me.
Also there is the peculiar 'hotspot' when you really look for it on a whitewall or reading, but it is not noticeable unless you look. Maybe i'll try some dc-fix or blacking the bezel if it annoys me.
Overall I can see why folks really like Zebralights. I was toying with getting a 502 but now I am really glad I went for the 602, those high modes are incredible and now I can see I would have been disappointed with the outputs and run times on a 502.

limax

Newly Enlightened
A little hotspot is helpful some times.

I have three Zebralight all are Headlamps, H50 Q5, H502, and H600Fw

and the H50 is the First headlamp of Zebralight it is All Flood with Optic, H502 is bare LED, and All Flood too.

While reading All Flood is very good, but in Other activities such as hiking, or caving

A little hotspot is very helpful compare with All Flood.

Much hotspot is also worse as mu Fenix HP25.

So I have no idea whether H602 is better or H600Fw is.

When I get my H602, I'll do some field test to find the real use feeling.

YourTime

Newly Enlightened
i ordered 2 H602w 18650 XM-L2 and I find the button is very soft compare to the older models.

You have to pressure hard to switch modes and it's not easy like the old H600 :(

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
i ordered 2 H602w 18650 XM-L2 and I find the button is very soft compare to the older models.

You have to pressure hard to switch modes and it's not easy like the old H600 :(

Some of mine are the opposite. So soft, you can switch modes just by looking at them the wrong way. I prefer more of a click. Wish they could work with their switch supplier to keep these consistent.

YourTime

Newly Enlightened
it's really soft and one of the most difficult light to change the modes.

not sure if mine is defect :(

i will email them tomorrow

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah it is weird as you'd assume a really soft switch would make it easier, but it is hard to explain, as the boot of the switch is really soft, but almost gummy not sticky but creepy kind of soft (reminds me of pressing into the flesh of a slimy alien) but the switch underneath is weird it doesn't just click it is like you have to press IN until it engages as it has a springy type of feel. Turning off you also have to press IN to disengage.

I really prefer all of the previous switches on Zebralight models I have owned prior to this like the H31, H51 and H502. No reason why they couldn't have kept that style switch.

Last edited:

Willie

Newly Enlightened
I noticed many retailers show this on backorder. Does anyone know where else besides Zebralight I can buy the neutral white?

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you referring to the stiff (hard to press) but soft SC52 type switch and like the one on my SC600 MKI, or are you calling the hard plastic button type (but easy to press) that are found on the H51/H31/H502 the harder version?

YourTime

Newly Enlightened
I dont have sc52 but I own two H502c and i like the clicky button.

The H602 button is way softer than the H502c and when i try to change the modes (by pressing 6 times) i missed out the pace several times and my finger got tired after a while >.<

I wish they kept the same button like previous models.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you referring to the stiff (hard to press) but soft SC52 type switch and like the one on my SC600 MKI, or are you calling the hard plastic button type (but easy to press) that are found on the H51/H31/H502 the harder version?

I think the stiff but soft one, I wasn't aware that they used different switches, only varying switch covers. All I know is that someone contacted Zebralight about it and they said that their electronic switch supplier had changed the design of that part and they had no option but to switch the to newer softer version.

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Although I preferred the old switch :-(
I bought H52w - H600w MK II - H602w and they are all with soft switch.
It 's very easy to make mistakes, I can not change the level by walking.

(Translate with Google)

Swoosh

Newly Enlightened
I got today my Zebralight H602w, bought from the Zebralight webshop.
Although they had it in stock the time I ordered, it had cost one full month to get it out the buillding to be shipped. So shipping lasted for 6 weeks in total.

The box it came in mention on the sticker: H602w
However I see on the internet pics of boxes mentioning H602w II
Is there really a version II of the H602w?

Here an example;
http://www.britishblades.com/forums/showthread.php?172742-Zebralight-H602w-II

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even on the packaging of my light is only written: "H602w"
And it's a recent purchase.

That article is from September 2013 (britishblades.com)
Maybe Zebralight initially had used the initials to indicate a 602w with XM-L2 ?

As far as I know the model 602 has always been the XM-L2
But his birth was long and full of delays and perhaps initially mounted in testing an XM-L.
That's probably why they initially used the words: "II"

(Translate with Google)

kwak

Enlightened
That's my post on british blades, my thoughts are that because the H602 is based heavily on the H600 they started off using the H600 MKII UI so labelled the H602 as MKII as well.

Whichever way, mine was one of the first batch so there are no MKI's

Swoosh

Newly Enlightened
Ok, thanks for responding. So most likely they just had mislabeled their own stickers and corrected that later.