Zebralight plans MKIII's and SC63 release for this year

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree! no mention of it on Zebralights website.

Thats because it is a manufacturer defect. They will exchange it if you get one like that, they offered to when I contacted them about my SC5fd. Again we don't know how many lights Illumn ordered or received but only that their batch all had this issue. I received mine without any issue at all so it indicates that this is an initial issue that will be resolved. If you get one with the problem all you have to do is contact ZL and they'll exchange them. Also through use many times this noise can disappear.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only whining I can hear is when I read this thread. LOL

People have the right to whine. This is a $95 flashlight not a $10 Walmart flashlight(heck, I would not be happy if a $10 light had inductor whine). When you sell a high end/high dollar product peoples expectations are high. The buzzing drivers never should have past quality control imo.

Last edited:

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
NOTE: H2 ON EVERY SC600 MKIII EMITS AN INDUCTOR WHINE, THE EFFECT IS NOT NOTICEABLE TO SOME PEOPLE BUT IT DOES EXIST AT THE DEFAULT H2 LEVEL. IF THIS BOTHERS YOU DO NOT ORDER THIS PRODUCT AS NO RETURNS OR EXCHANGES WILL BE ACCEPTED DUE TO THE INDUCTOR NOISE.

http://www.illumn.com/zebralight-sc600w-mk-iii-l2-xhp35-neutral-white-1126-lm-flashlight.html
How many Zebralights SC600 Mk lll did Illumination Supply receive? What they did was to protect themselves from being a middle man between themselves and Zebralight.

I bought my my SC600 Mk lll directly from Zebralight because I knew that any problem would be taken care of by an replaced or repaired.

What will be interesting to see is if Illumination Supply will be an approved seller of Zebralight.

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
How many Zebralights SC600 Mk lll did Illumination Supply receive?

What will be interesting to see is if Illumination Supply will be an approved seller of Zebralight.

I don't want to put words in anybody's mouth but I spoke with Illumn about their lights. I'm pretty sure they got 10 units in that first shipment and all had the noise. Maybe they can come along and correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, yes Illumn is an authorized Zebralight dealer. They sell quite a bit of Zebralight. I've bought several from them.

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't want to put words in anybody's mouth but I spoke with Illumn about their lights. I'm pretty sure they got 10 units in that first shipment and all had the noise. Maybe they can come along and correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, yes Illumn is an authorized Zebralight dealer. They sell quite a bit of Zebralight. I've bought several from them.
I too buy from Illumination Supply and consider them an excellent source to buy from and will continue to buy from them.

What ever the problem may be, it seems to be a problem between ZebraLight and Illumination Supply, and in this instance the consumer is collateral damage.

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
What exactly is the point of this post? Are you a Surefire dealer? This a ZL thread.
I was only trying to make the point that a $95 flashlight is not a high priced flashlight, but I do agree that any problem of a product it is a responsibility of a manufacturer, Zebralight, to repair or replace that product.

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
What ever the problem may be, it seems to be a problem between ZebraLight and Illumination Supply, and in this instance the consumer is collateral damage.

....except can you really call someone "collateral damage" when they're fully informed up front what's about to happen to them and given a choice about whether or not to participate? I mean I'm not sure what you think Illumn should do in this case. If Zebra doesn't think the lights are defective and are unwilling to take them back, then should Illumn just throw them away? Should they sell them anyway without informing folks? What would you suggest they do? Its not like folks now have to buy these lights. They can go buy elsewhere and take their chances on maybe getting one that doesn't whine. Honestly it seems like Illumn is the one getting screwed here because most folks aren't going to buy those lights with that warning attached, so what's most likely to happen is those units are just going to sit and take up space on a shelf in their warehouse for a long time.

I'm really not trying to get in an argument over this I just think you're being a bit unreasonable toward Illumn.

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
....except can you really call someone "collateral damage" when they're fully informed up front what's about to happen to them and given a choice about whether or not to participate? I mean I'm not sure what you think Illumn should do in this case. If Zebra doesn't think the lights are defective and are unwilling to take them back, then should Illumn just throw them away? Should they sell them anyway without informing folks? What would you suggest they do? Its not like folks now have to buy these lights. They can go buy elsewhere and take their chances on maybe getting one that doesn't whine. Honestly it seems like Illumn is the one getting screwed here because most folks aren't going to buy those lights with that warning attached, so what's most likely to happen is those units are just going to sit and take up space on a shelf in their warehouse for a long time.

I'm really not trying to get in an argument over this I just think you're being a bit unreasonable toward Illumn.
I certainly do not want to be perceived as unreasonable to Illumination Supply, I buy from them regularly and they are on my very short list of suppliers.

It is only my opinion, but I think Illumination Supply received a limited order of SC600 Mk lll that did have a problem and decided to sell them with their warning boldly attached.

It is also possible that the demand for newest Zebralight was very high and a replacement order from Zebralight to replace the ones with a 'whine' too long. They then decided to sell their stock with their bold warning.

I do appreciate their warning, but not on their marketing procedure. This is my view point, and I will let others decide on it being reasonable.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was only trying to make the point that a $95 flashlight is not a high priced flashlight, but I do agree that any problem of a product it is a responsibility of a manufacturer, Zebralight, to repair or replace that product.

I beg to differ sir. $95US is a very high price for a single 18650 cell Chinese made flashlight. The light you quoted is in a totally different class and not even comparable. It is a 12 cell light and is made by one of the most overpriced American made companies where you pay extra just for the name. The MKIII is a single cell Chinese made flashlight. Zebralight is one of the highest priced, if not the highest in its class, Chinese made brand. So, people expect a higher standard then your average Chinese made light. Especially when some of the competition(Fenix, Nitecore, Eagletac, Olight, Thrunite, FourSevens, Armytek, exc.) are selling lights in this class for half the price of a Zebralight or even less.

Zebralight makes some nice products that are leaders in class in some respects but, if you are going to charge a premium price, people expect a premium product with premium quality control to go along with it. They have came a long way over the last few years but, their QC still needs improvement imo.

Also, lets keep things in perspective here. Most normal people(non-light enthusiasts) wouldnt pay more then $15 or $20 for a flashlight and would say anybody who spends $95US on a flashlight is nuts.

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I certainly do not want to be perceived as unreasonable to Illumination Supply, I buy from them regularly and they are on my very short list of suppliers.

It is only my opinion, but I think Illumination Supply received a limited order of SC600 Mk lll that did have a problem and decided to sell them with their warning boldly attached.

It is also possible that the demand for newest Zebralight was very high and a replacement order from Zebralight to replace the ones with a 'whine' too long. They then decided to sell their stock with their bold warning.

I do appreciate their warning, but not on their marketing procedure. This is my view point, and I will let others decide on it being reasonable.

I have to agree. I think Illumn should have sent them back to Zebralight instead of selling them with the warning. Doing what they did just lets ZL think they can get away with this in the future. If everyone just sent them back they would no that their QC has to improve going forward.

I mean come on Zebralight this is just another one of your constant new release issues. Battery rattle, cell tube tolerances, firmware issues, inductor whine, waterproofing issues, exc. where does it end? You just dont see anywhere near this many new release issues with other companies(even ones that cost half as much). People shouldnt need to feel the need to wait 6 months or a year before buying a new light so you can work the bugs out. Start testing your lights better before releasing them and quit using us as beta testers
banghead.gif

Last edited:

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to agree. I think Illumn should have sent them back to Zebralight instead of selling them with the warning. Doing what they did just lets ZL think they can get away with this in the future. If everyone just sent them back they would no that their QC has to improve going forward.

I mean come on Zebralight this is just another one of your constant new release issues. Battery rattle, cell tube tolerances, firmware issues, inductor whine, waterproofing issues, exc. where does it end? You just dont see anywhere near this many new release issues with other companies(even ones that cost half as much). People shouldnt need to feel the need to wait 6 months or a year before buying a new light so you can work the bugs out. Start testing your lights better before releasing them and quit using us as beta testers:banghead:.

Beta testers purchase early by choice. I appreciate their potential sacrifice.
ZL will not change unless enough of their customers refrain from buying, which rarely happens unless problems are persistent, lingering, and widespread.
It takes a very sensitive and risk averse consumer collective to not buy and financially hurt/punish a product and its maker. This collective rarely exists.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
Especially when some of the competition(Fenix, Nitecore, Eagletac, Olight, Thrunite, FourSevens, Armytek, exc.) are selling lights in this class for half the price of a Zebralight or even less.

Which Armytek lights sell for half price of a similar Zebralight light? I didn't see any on their web page.

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe I'm just lucky but I've preordered all my Zebralights except the SC62w. The only problem I had was with my SC5fd high pitch whine that went away a few days later. I've had good tint and a light that works as expected. I'm hoping someone gets the MK3 HI soon and can compare it with the MK2 or MK3.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beta testers purchase early by choice. I appreciate their potential sacrifice.
ZL will not change unless enough of their customers refrain from buying, which rarely happens unless problems are persistent, lingering, and widespread.
It takes a very sensitive and risk averse consumer collective to not buy and financially hurt/punish a product and its maker. This collective rarely exists.

The point is customers shouldnt have to refrain to get them to change. They should want to. I guess they are all about money and dont have very good morals as a company. Like I said, you just dont see this many issues with the other Chinese companies. You would think they would want to try to do at least as good as their competition. Your right though, all the light junkies chomping at the bit with zero patients doesnt help though either.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think a special CPF placebo version would be cool...
Where you may get a cool new super efficient XHP HiCRI or maybe just an old first gen XML or maybe it won't work at all.
Or maybe some kind of flogging attachment?
Sign me up.

Roll the dice.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which Armytek lights sell for half price of a similar Zebralight light? I didn't see any on their web page.

Really man, you gotta be that guy dont you:shakehead. I said "some" of the competition. Maybe Armytek wasnt the greatest one of my examples(they have their share of issues) but, you get my point. Notice though, that the Dobermann is $20US cheaper and is a much larger light(more material), with far more included accessories, and is built from better materials. And, they are the priciest company on my list. Zebralight definitely charges a premium price for their lights compared to most of my examples.

Last edited:

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really man, you gotta be that guy dont you:shakehead. I said "some" of the competition. Maybe Armytek wasnt the greatest one of my examples(they have their share of issues) but, you get my point. Notice though, that the Dobermann is $20US cheaper and is a much larger light(more material), with far more included accessories, and is built from better materials. And, they are the priciest company on my list. Zebralight definitely charges a premium price for their lights compared to most of my examples.

Well...I think the ZL might be more difficult to machine and assemble.
And I still think the ZL driver performance is a step up above AT's.
At this point, I'm more willing to pay full ZL prices than I am buying anything Armytek at a discount. Talk about risk averse.

Latest posts