Zebralight SC32 & SC32w are on their way...

markr6

Flashaholic
Just thought about this oldie today for some reason. I sure wish the SC32w was available. I'm finding myself wanting a small CR123 light lately. SC32 (cool white) won't quite cut it.

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bought a SC32W from guy on CPF forum a month ago.

The SC31W has a better more crisp & less mushy button than SC32W and SC31W is smaller in width. SC31W has a better usable beam in low and mid than SC32W.

SC32W has more efficient driver than SC31W and is brighter for sure on high with nice flood - spot beam...

Fenix 700mah rcr123 have shown to have pretty good run-times in these over my dated AW batteries...

Somewhat happy and somewhat disappointed but both great EDC's. Makes most of my other fancy more powerful lights sit on the shelf!

Mr. LED

Enlightened
Until today I can’t understand why Zebralight don’t make SC32w anymore. I bought two recently from NOS to keep for a long time, because it’s my favorite light. They still sell the SC32 cool white, though.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm finding myself wanting a small CR123 light lately. SC32 (cool white) won't quite cut it.

Im in a CR123 phase and have considered the SC32 but held off due to Low CRI and inability to mod to Nichia

Ive been carrying the Olight S1 Mini High CRI, in rotation with a Utorch S1 Mini modded to N219b
neither light is perfect, so I keep looking for more

I also have the Olight S Mini in Copper, which is cool white.

The utorch is available in NW for $20

There is a NW S Mini, in Titanium, pm me for 30% off, I have not tried it but people I respect love it.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Until today I can’t understand why Zebralight don’t make SC32w anymore. I bought two recently from NOS to keep for a long time, because it’s my favorite light. They still sell the SC32 cool white, though.

In many parts of the world (probably everywhere except the US?), CR123 batteries are insanely expensive. Other than law-enforcement or military (where the taxpayers buy the batteries), nobody uses them. Also, discharge capabilities aren't as good as an 18650 light.

Zebralight already makes great AA lights, if you want small.

Mr. LED

Enlightened
In Europe, CR123 can be bought in bulk of 10 or 20 pieces for around 1.38 Euro each. This is not expensive and in fact, cheaper than alkaline in the supermarket.

And why would Zebralight stop making the SC32w and continue with SC32?

markr6

Flashaholic
In Europe, CR123 can be bought in bulk of 10 or 20 pieces for around 1.38 Euro each. This is not expensive and in fact, cheaper than alkaline in the supermarket.

And why would Zebralight stop making the SC32w and continue with SC32?

I'm guessing they just have a lot of SC32's left over? Either way, the design is done, the manufacturing process is done, the materials are basically the same, and it's always good to diversify...even a little. I also don't understand why it was cut.

Mr. LED

Enlightened
I guess the SC32 they have now is old stock. It seems they killed the SC32, otherwise it would have been updated last year (with the SC63) and this year (with the SC64). Maybe it didn’t sell enough to justify.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, it all comes down to profit. The SC32 either wasn't selling well, or it couldn't be sold for a high enough price. Judging by Zebralight's pricing, it was probably priced about where it should be, so it must not have had much interest.