Zebralight SC600 Mk II L2 (XM-L2, 1x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO+

ozzie_c_cobblepot

Enlightened
The SC600 is fabulous, absolutely. Especially the new PID circuitry. Too bad it's just too big n' chunky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ozzie_c_cobblepot

Enlightened
Head diameter is too large for pocket carry, for me. It's 30mm, whereas I like to stay at 20/22, maybe 23mm.

ozzie_c_cobblepot

Enlightened
It's not that the 18650 is too big; it's that the large bezel of the SC600 is, but it's important for heat sinking and guarding against accidental activation.

Redstorm

Newly Enlightened
I like this light given its short length which fits me well. I find it quite tempting to have but on the other hand I have never used a light with many sub levels to programme especially having to do it going by certain number of clicks. To me, it is confusing and I prefer have something simple with just a few modes and straightforward clicking to get into each mode like the Fenix PD35, which I have, and the Nitecore P12. I don't know if I will get use to this light if I buy it. Decision, decision......... Argh.......

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
I gave my 80 year old mother my SC52, it is simple to use the three modes. Over the phone I described the next option modes. It is not hard to use. Understanding the verbal description of how to use all the modes is daunting at first. By the way, I told my mother to use only primary lithium AA's to avoid possible alkaline leakage, and to not mess with Li-ion charging issues.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want then setting the levels can be a one-off, then it's just a relatively simple and intuitive 3 mode UI.

rexet

Newly Enlightened
I received the Neutral White version of this light and I love it! Size is just perfect for my use.
UI is a bit tricky at first but when everything is set up it works like a charm.

jimboutilier

Enlightened
Head diameter is too large for pocket carry, for me. It's 30mm, whereas I like to stay at 20/22, maybe 23mm.

That was my thought originally. The dimensions and pictures made it seem too big for EDC. But I ordered one for jacket/backpack carry. It came in the same size box as an SC52 and thought they had shipped the wrong light until I opened the box and saw how tiny the SC600IIL2 really was. Now it's in my casual dress EDC rotation as I find it quite pocketable in jeans or shorts but i do find it too large for dressier clothes.

Redstorm

Newly Enlightened
From what you guys described, it looks like it is not so difficult to set up the level sub-levels afterall. Now, I will have to wait for my local shop, which carries this model, to re-stock it and go down to take a look at it. At least, I get a chance to play with it before I can decide on the spot if I want to get it. :)

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
From what you guys described, it looks like it is not so difficult to set up the level sub-levels afterall. Now, I will have to wait for my local shop, which carries this model, to re-stock it and go down to take a look at it. At least, I get a chance to play with it before I can decide on the spot if I want to get it. :)

I think setting up the sub levels is pretty easy and intuitive. The Zebralight UI is quite a good design. :)

nunnya

Newly Enlightened
Where are you guy's ordering from? The venders seem to be out of stock and Zebralight's website seems to have a problem with credit cards.

markr6

Flashaholic
Where are you guy's ordering from? The venders seem to be out of stock and Zebralight's website seems to have a problem with credit cards.

This may not be related, but I have to use Chrome or another browser when ordering. If I use IE10, it doesn't do anything when I click to add a product to a cart. I've always been a loyal IE user, but more and more things stopped working over the past year and gave up on it.

nunnya

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies.
I ended up ordering from Illumination Supplies.
Hope the backorder is short.
nunnya

Joys_R_us

Newly Enlightened
ZL answered my question (regarding backorder) stating that the time to shipment were currently four weeks and that they do not expect this to change in the coming months...

Latest posts