Zebralight SC700d 21700 XHP70.2 90+CRI

mactavish

Newly Enlightened
  • Light Output (runtimes)
    • High: H1 3000 Lm (PID, approx. hours) or H2 1458 Lm (PID, approx. hours)/945 Lm (PID, approx. hours)/583 Lm (hours)
    • Medium: M1 192 Lm (hours) or M2 52 Lm (hours)/25.2 Lm (days)/11.6 Lm (days)
    • Low: L1 2.1 Lm (days) or L2 0.32 Lm (month)/0.12 Lm (months)/0.04 Lm (months)
    • Beacon Strobe Mode: 0.2Hz Beacon at Low / 0.2Hz Beacon at H1 / 4Hz Strobe at H1 / 19Hz Strobe at H1

http://www.zebralight.com/SC700d-21700-XHP702-Neutral-White-High-CRI-Flashlight_p_233.html

justanotherguy

Enlightened
  • Light Output (runtimes)
    • High: H1 3000 Lm (PID, approx. hours) or H2 1458 Lm (PID, approx. hours)/945 Lm (PID, approx. hours)/583 Lm (hours)
    • Medium: M1 192 Lm (hours) or M2 52 Lm (hours)/25.2 Lm (days)/11.6 Lm (days)
    • Low: L1 2.1 Lm (days) or L2 0.32 Lm (month)/0.12 Lm (months)/0.04 Lm (months)
    • Beacon Strobe Mode: 0.2Hz Beacon at Low / 0.2Hz Beacon at H1 / 4Hz Strobe at H1 / 19Hz Strobe at H1

http://www.zebralight.com/SC700d-21700-XHP702-Neutral-White-High-CRI-Flashlight_p_233.html
What is this post supposed to show?
Without a quote,I am unsure it's context...

It shows an incomplete chart of run times . Only outputs and no specific times......?

markr6

Flashaholic
I will take it upon myself to do a runtime test. Starting with the 0.04lm mode right...now!

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol mark... I look forward to that result in a month or two.....!

I think it will take a lot longer than that! I ran a couple of runtime tests on two SC52's a few years ago. It took 2 weeks, on the brightest moonlight mode, for the batteries to die. And that was just with AA cells. A 21700 cell, on a dimmer output....?!? Yeah, not worth doing.

I'd be very interested if someone would measure the tailcap current on the moonlight modes, though. From past experience, that gives a very good approximation to the true runtime, even though it does vary with the cell's voltage. Measuring it with a cell around 3.8v should give the most accurate estimate.

For example, my SC600w IV HI uses 1.3mA on its lowest moonlight mode, which is actually much brighter than the moonlights on most other models (such as the 700d). So even with a bright-ish moonlight and an 18650 cell, runtime should be over 3 months.

I'd expect the 700d's lowest moonlight and a 5000mAh cell to be approaching a year!

SubLGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 50E battery seems to rattle less than the 40T that came with it, but a wrap or two of some kind of tape, or another layer of battery heatshrink, fixes that. I'd rather have some rattle and an extra .5mm or two than find that some new 21700 is actually 21.5700 and won't fit...

The Lishen LR2170SF is perhaps a little fatter than is typical for a 21700, at 21.7mm (+/- 0.2mm) in diameter. In performance, it has less capacity (around 4700 mAh) than the Samsung 50E2 (4900 mAh) but higher current capability (13.5A versus 9.8A). (The 18650batterystore is selling it for $6)

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/t...-best-ultra-capacity-21700-but-issues.898393/

Last edited:

mactavish

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered 2 more Samsung 40T batteries from Zebralight (price not too bad, but fast shipping) after reading:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/27/...on-cargo-ban-faa-department-of-transportation

[h=1]US announces ban on transporting lithium ion batteries as cargo on passenger flights[/h]
“This doesn’t affect most consumers outright — you can still bring your spare batteries and gadgets aboard in a carry-on bag.

But people who buy batteries online might be affected.

Phones, external batteries, and electronic devices in general will no longer arrive with a full charge, so as to avoid the risk of fire or explosion that could damage aircraft while in flight.”

Nichia!

Banned
Does anyone buy batteries with flashlight from Zebralight in the same time??

Am asking this question because I want to know if I buy flashlight and battery from Zebralight will they ship the battery inside the light it self? Or in box of the flashlight??

mactavish

Newly Enlightened

Am asking this question because I want to know if I buy flashlight and battery from Zebralight will they ship the battery inside the light it self? Or in box of the flashlight??

Don’t know personally as I bought the light first, but if you call or write them, you’ll have a definitive answer.

low

Enlightened

They ship it with the battery in the flashlight.

burntoshine

Enlightened
I bought two batteries with my first light; one battery was inside the light, the other was packed in with the o-rings and clip.. The second battery was enclosed in a thin papery / cardboardy box, so it was protected from bouncing around against the clip during shipping.

My second light was purchased with one battery; that battery was also shipped inside the light.

Nichia!

Banned
I bought two batteries with my first light; one battery was inside the light, the other was packed in with the o-rings and clip.. The second battery was enclosed in a thin papery / cardboardy box, so it was protected from bouncing around against the clip during shipping.

My second light was purchased with one battery; that battery was also shipped inside the light.

Thank you very much