Zebralight SC700d 21700 XHP70.2 90+CRI

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
ZebraLight; I don't need a 3000LM light bulb, make a thrower, 60° spill?

Closest they make is a SC600w IV HI. It's a modest thrower, but still has a very usable spill. The spill is dimmer than on their other lights, but it's probably not as dim as you want. I don't think you'll see ZL coming out with a dedicated thrower. It's not their niche. I find the SC600w HI is a good compromise, when I don't want to carry both a floody light for up close and a thrower for far away. But, it's definitely a compromise.

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
vPmpiNe.jpeg

Smaller than expected. It is not much larger than the SC64c LE. Protected NCR18650GA shown for size comparison only (unprotected NCR18650GA installed in the LE). Spent over an hour programming G6 to what I thought would be most useful for the family, only to come to the conclusion that default G5 works best for us. G7 set to single-mode Muggle.

What I need is a 700 with an SBT90.2 :)
Agreed :)

Last edited:

NPL

Enlightened
Closest they make is a SC600w IV HI. It's a modest thrower, but still has a very usable spill. The spill is dimmer than on their other lights, but it's probably not as dim as you want. I don't think you'll see ZL coming out with a dedicated thrower. It's not their niche. I find the SC600w HI is a good compromise, when I don't want to carry both a floody light for up close and a thrower for far away. But, it's definitely a compromise.
You are right. I have the sc600w Hi and it probably has better overall range in tasks compared to a hypothetical sc700 hi. I just find putting a large xhp70 led in the larger reflector is a waste. An xhp50 would be slightly less bright, but would have more throw and appear brighter. In a super floody light, you may as well go with triple or quad TIR to make the light more compact..

Sent from my Pixel using Candlepowerforums mobile app

MB320

Newly Enlightened
Well my last directly ordered ZL arrived yesterday (due to international shipping stoppage). SC700d - looks different to my first one, much much darker!

94b1b376062676dadf7f82733b5ff831.jpg

markr6

Flashaholic
Looking good! I took mine camping last week after not using it for a long time. Kind of unimpressed actually. I know it's rather floody, but outdoors I really can't use that so much.

MB320

Newly Enlightened
I like it, don't use the high modes often but it's nice to have a sustainable stable 1000 Lumens if necessary. Aesthetically I much prefer this newer one.

Policescannerman was yours dark too?

NPL

Enlightened
Looking good! I took mine camping last week after not using it for a long time. Kind of unimpressed actually. I know it's rather floody, but outdoors I really can't use that so much.
I find it really depends on what the ambient lighting is. In the city with street lights, it's feels underpowered because it's so floody. In nature, in complete darkness, even low feels bright

MB320

Newly Enlightened
I find it really depends on what the ambient lighting is. In the city with street lights, it's feels underpowered because it's so floody. In nature, in complete darkness, even low feels bright

Agree with this. Usually I'd use ~50 Lumens for dog walking, however on lit streets I usually need the next level up with this one. Doesn't bother me much though

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast

Do you know what it's like, compared to the H600Fd IV?

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
A ton of light! More and floodier than the H600.

Wow, okay. I find my H600Fc IV to be plenty floody enough. Even my SC600w IV Plus is pretty floody, which is essentially the same LED as the H600Fc but with a clear lens and bigger reflector. So, the 700d must be incredibly floody! Or, does yours have a frosted lens?

I'm not a big fan of super-floody hand-held lights. They can be impressive, and I can see them being of use if you're not walking alone. (So everyone can see in front of them.) But generally, I prefer a more "normal" beam pattern.

markr6

Flashaholic
The SC700d has a clear lens. Great light, but I think I'll keep using my SC600w HI much more often outdoors.

RamBull

Newly Enlightened
The SC700d has a clear lens. Great light, but I think I'll keep using my SC600w HI much more often outdoors.

Has anyone successfully modified it to house different emitters?

From my understanding the current might be too high for the 219B emitters. I'm just dreaming of another Bob_McBob mod.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone successfully modified it to house different emitters?

From my understanding the current might be too high for the 219B emitters. I'm just dreaming of another Bob_McBob mod.

I'm still trying to remove reflector. Sucker is stuck like it's welded. I have one nice binned XHP70.2, less green and more close to BBL.

Sent from Tapatalk

Talster

Newly Enlightened
I just picked up a Nitecore UMS2 charger. It seems like a great little charger so far.

How has the micro usb port been on this charger @burntoshine ?

I've read a few reports and reviews that say the micro usb port is not very durable and can break or become detached after a short period of time.

A friend of mine had both the UMS2 and UMS4, and one of them, part of the micro usb port detached when he removed the micro usb cable. He got it replaced, and this one he leaves the USB cable attached and doesn't remove it to save wear and tear, and so far it's been fine.

I was thinking of buying this charger for to charge some Nitecore 21700 NL2150HPi batteries than I will be getting shortly, as there are not many chargers that will charge these batteries, and was a bit concerned about the micro usb port durability.

Talster

Newly Enlightened
The new Nitecore UMS4, UMS2, UM4, UM2, are supposed have the largest openings for 21700 batteries. And it charges all batteries intelligently. I have one waiting under the tree this Christmas.
How has the micro usb port been on this charger @noboneshotdog

I've read a few reports and reviews that say the micro usb port is not very durable and can break or become detached after a short period of time.

A friend of mine had both the UMS2 and UMS4, and one of them, part of the micro usb port detached when he removed the micro usb cable. He got it replaced, and this one he leaves the USB cable attached and doesn't remove it to save wear and tear, and so far it's been fine.

I was thinking of buying this charger for to charge some Nitecore 21700 NL2150HPi batteries than I will be getting shortly, as there are not many chargers that will charge these batteries, and was a bit concerned about the micro usb port durability.