Zebralight, WOW! I'm blown away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow

Enlightened
Im thinking of buying one, should I? Probably a dumb question huh? :) I know what the answer will be, but since Ive heard that fenix are comin out with a headlamp no? And that zebralight will come out with a 18650 headlamp, im not sure Im doing the right thing buying the H30? It seems to be a very nice little lamp, nice floody beam, enought output? etc. Its not to expensive either.
So should I? If I would have a three outside where it grew money on, I would have bought it and not asked before. But now days I really have to hold on to my green.

So are Im doing the right thing to buy this light, or should I wait for another to come out?

If it would have been avaliable at Fenixstore I would have bought it right after I read the first post! :)

I would buy one. I prefer CR123A for my lights. I am running a rechargeable in mine, so the only advantage I can see for the 18650 light would be runtime, but the runtime is already longer than I could possible need. I'd also imagine the 18650 version will be quite a bit bigger.

As for the Fenix headlamp, I have heard nothing about it. Who knows when it will come out? You might as well go ahead and buy the H30. You may end up getting 6 months of use out of it before Fenix releases their headlamp.

If you end up not liking it, I'll buy it from you. :D

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
Im very weak... :) I just made a pre-order on one H30!

Hopefully I did the right thing! :)

I would say that 90% of the light purchases I have made since I became a member here are because of you people! :)

Writing stories and other things that makes you wanna buy every single light you see!

But I wouldnt have found such nice lights whitout you! :thumbsup:

Ace12

Enlightened
I just ordered an H30 from Zebralight. It showed it as "In-Stock"

uk_caver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my H50 (seemed to take 2 weeks in the airmail system after dispatch was confirmed).
It's certainly a nice device. Though I have got used to good flood beams in some homemade caving lights/headtorches over the last few years, the amount of light is impressive for a unit the size of the H50, and it'll make an excellent addition to my other backup lights, as well as being a good way of using up part-used/uncertain AAs on camping trips.

I'm seriously impressed with the hardness of the anodizing - trying to engrave my name on the casing (on the end of the opened main body, past the thread, to avoid spoiling the outside), it took a fair amount of pressure with a Dremel and a carbide engraving tip to get through the surface.
I'll be interested to see how it holds up to long-term use, but it looks like it should hold up very well.

TomasCoSauce

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered the H50 directly from Zebralight. Their site said In-Stock...Lets see how long this takes...

Will this blow away my Petzl Tikka XP? :thinking:

DONLITE

Newly Enlightened
I hope I don't discourage anyone, but has anyone read the CPF thread about UI switch problem with the H30? Have I been misinformed? There are two CPF threads that are "polar opposites!" It hasn't been my lack of effort or expense trying to obtain the H30, However when you purchase an item >$50 (including shipment)????? I've always trusted and respected CPF members, however, after I've done the research and " read all the threads" ??? I'm currently "BLOWN AWAY" !!!! :sick2:

Snow

Enlightened
I hope I don't discourage anyone, but has anyone read the CPF thread about UI switch problem with the H30? Have I been misinformed? There are two CPF threads that are "polar opposites!" It hasn't been my lack of effort or expense trying to obtain the H30, However when you purchase an item >$50 (including shipment)????? I've always trusted and respected CPF members, however, after I've done the research and " read all the threads" ??? I'm currently "BLOWN AWAY" !!!! :sick2:

They are aware of the problem and reportedly fixed it. Mine was from a new batch after they identified and took care of the issue and I have not had any problems with it.

DM51

Flashaholic
I hope I don't discourage anyone
Well, you seem to have been doing your best to try recently, haven't you, with this post here and other very similar ones in the H30 UI problem thread.

You've made your point, anyway. No need to labour it - what you are doing almost amounts to cross-posting.

Quickstrike

Newly Enlightened
I'm waiting on the 18650 version.

I always go for the brightest and longest lasting light... and 18650 is still plenty small IMO.

Anybody know how much longer I will have to wait?

I thought I read that it was going to be a January release, along with the H30, but still not here :(.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Does anyone think an accessory tube could make the H30 run on an 18650 really easy?! How well do you think Zebralight would like that idea? You know a short wait for tooling and they get to sell a tube to anyone who already has a H30.
:twothumbs
There are plenty of guys on CPF who could make a short run of tubes for us as well..............................
:popcorn:

EDIT: Just started looking closer at pics and I see that this idea probably won't work! I dream too much it seems.:sigh:

Last edited:

Ace12

Enlightened
Just got an email from Zebralight this morning letting me now they shipped my H30. :D

Snow

Enlightened
Well as of last night, I have now experience the UI issue. I changed the battery and the light wouldn't work. It would come on in high, go to momentary only, or cycle through the levels without me being able to stop it. I guess it's time to contact Zebralight to see if they're really fixed this or not. It's a shame since it's such a great light. Hopefully they'll get it sorted out.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't received my H30 yet. I know they were held up with some flickering issues. I hope mine is OK when it arrives.
I may use this light to replace the Novatac 120P on my belt.

(I really like the 120P it's just that when I go to use it it doesn't always respond. I have a new cell in it and it's screwed on tight. Sometimes when I try to click to second setting it turns off.)

The H30 could be just what I need with that low low, and powerful 80 lumen high with a decent medium., plus I think this light will tailstand. With it's 45 degree angled head it could also give great hands free operation.
I'm waiting on my package from fenix-store :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.