Zombie Apocalypse?

LGT

Enlightened
LOL

Its ZERO.

There's no such thing, and, one reason there's no such thing is that to MOVE, you need ATP. If you can't MAKE IT, the muscles stop working...as its used up by contractions.

When dead, nothing works, and, you'd rot. The eyes won't work, there'd be no sense of smell, no hearing, etc. No breathing means no O2, and, again, no motion. And on and on.

If you want to count people who are given drugs to make them open to suggestion, etc (Witch Dr type "Zombies"), OK, but there'd be no apocalypse in that scenario.

:D
Not all !ife forms on this earth require oxygen to survive

Being a new viewer of The Walking Dead, I'm reminded not all zombies have died. Some have chosen to take leave of their humanity. A true zombie apocalypse .......... at any given time, it's only four or five days away.

~ Chance

MidnightDistortions

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Everyone knows there's no such thing as zombies. The world will end with an army of soulless globalists with 666 tatooed across their foreheads (or right hands) covered in boils and deformed from demonic locust stings, eating human brains and blood to survive while contracting Kuru in the process, and trying to make you one of them while threatening to kill you if you say no. Does that sound like zombies will be involved? I think not. [Sarcasm off]

Revelation 13:16-17: "He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name."

Revelation 13:7: "He was given power to make war against the saints and to conquer them. And he was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation."

Revelation 16:2: "The first angel went and poured out his bowl on the land, and ugly and painful sores broke out on the people who had the mark of the beast and worshiped his image."

Revelation 16:10-11: "The fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and his kingdom was plunged into darkness. Men gnawed their tongues in agony and cursed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, but they refused to repent of what they had done."

Revelation 9:3-6: "And out of the smoke locusts came down upon the earth and were given power like that of scorpions of the earth. They were told not to harm the grass of the earth or any plant or tree, but only those people who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads. They were not given power to kill them, but only to torture them for five months. And the agony they suffered was like that of the sting of a scorpion when it strikes a man. During those days men will seek death, but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them."

Revelation 4-6: "The third angel poured out his bowl on the rivers and springs of water, and they became blood. Then I heard the angel in charge of the waters say: "You are just in these judgments, you who are and who were, the Holy One, because you have so judged: for they have shed the blood of your saints and prophets, and you have given them blood to drink as they deserve."

Matthew 13:41-42: "The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. They will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been working about a hundred miles from home. I've only been home for about a day and a half on the weekends for the last couple months. I'm finally getting some work a little closer to home. It's good to be back.

groutboy_1

Enlightened
"Yup , The judeo-christian apocalypse....*( The Rapture tribulation, etc...) There are some other religions with similar beliefs... All the apocalyptic events, how shall I count the ways....."

I suppose the real question would be: "what is your intent for survival?" After all, according to Christian doctrines, "To live is Christ, to die is gain" - Phillipians 1:21

About ten years ago a friend became a believer in Peak Oil. Thinking the collapse of society was only a few years in the future, he moved to the mountains in northern California. Planted an orchard, bought and installed a couple of huge water storage tanks, set up a security system, started storing food ....etc etc.

During one of our many conversations about the coming apocalypse (he suggested I also move my family there) I posed a very likely scenario. "If Peak Oil becomes a reality most of the worlds heavily populated areas won't be able to sustain life, correct?" His reply was yes. "So there will undoubtedly be lots of people moving out of the cities looking for food and shelter, right?" Again his reply was yes. "Well, what are you going to do when some of them come walking up your road, begging for food?" "You won't be able to help everyone, right?" This question he had to answer, no. "Are you going to shoot them if they won't leave.........?"

I then told him, If Peak Oil becomes a reality, I'm thinking there will be a big-*** war going on to decide who gets to control the supply. I live well within the nuclear blast-zone of Fort Lewis and McChord AFB. I think I'd rather just wait here for the first mushroom cloud to Heaven than have to defend myself from starving people."

I need to go BBQ some chicken. More later if anyone wants to discuss this.

~ Chance

groutboy_1

Enlightened
"More like the fall of The old Roman Empire here in the USA....An Engineered financial meltdown...With living urban dwelling *zombies* looting and pillaging.... Globalization / = EU NWO...."

bestellen

Newly Enlightened
1) I wouldn't be with anyone as I'd rather not just be dead weight on the rest of the group. Also I wouldnt want to be with people I really care about, as the chances are they'd die, and i probably wouldnt be able to live with myself
2) airport, well protected, if there is anyone still out there radio transmissions would be received by the towers, as a last resort could simply jump off the tower, as it's better than being eaten by zombies ._.
3) crossbow :>
4) tent (because you wouldnt always be in your base), wind up torch (always good to be able to actually see, wind up means better in the long run, even if it is impractical in the short term
5) wouldnt bring a pet, it would just be cruel for the animal
6) on certain conditions
7) well I chose not to bring anyone personally, so.. Myself?

Last edited:
I always thought that song, Black Friday, was a reference to the stock market crash of 1929. Seems a few people decided jumping out of a window was their only solution.

~ Chance

Last edited:

buddyrohr

Removed by his own request
it sounds like at least part of it was or maybe to other market crashes but there are some other apocalypic references in there the song seems to actually cover alot of ground

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure there will be actual zombies at the end of the world. There will be deadly diseases causing people to attack and kill each other:
Zechariah 14:12-13: "This is the plague with which the Lord will strike all the nations that fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh will rot while they are still standing on their feet, their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths. On that day men will be stricken by the Lord with great panic. Each man will seize the hand of another, and they will attack each other."
Sounds a little bit like zombies, but will they be eating human flesh or brains?
Zechariah 9:3-7: "Tyre has built herself a stronghold; she has heaped up silver like dust, and gold like the dirt of the streets. But the Lord will take away her possessions and destroy her power on the sea, and she will be consumed by fire. Ashkelon will see it and fear; Gaza will writhe in agony, Gaza will lose her king and Ashkelon will be deserted. Foreigners will occupy Ashdod, and I will cut off the pride of the Philistines. I will take the blood from their mouths, the forbidden food from between their teeth. Those who are left will belong to our God and become leaders in Judah, and Ekron will be like the Jebusites."
By the way, the forbidden food is not pork.

MrJino

Enlightened
At most there could be some sort of virus or worm that could temporarily pilot the human brain.
It's not so far fetched either, plenty of worms piloting insects mammals and birds.
Humans could be a virus in our primate host bodies.

But anyways there could be a rampant form of virus/worm that makes us very aggressive.

SVT-ROY

Enlightened
A zombie apocalypse is more like a 'placeholder' for any type of disaster that involves large scale breakdowns of infrastructure, worldwide pandemic, breakdown of social structures etc. One that happens to inspire movie makers and popular culture, as well. That's all, really.

Bottom line: if you're prepared for a zombie apocalypse, then (for the most part) you'll be prepared for many of those other possible disasters.

FWIW: the possibility of a zombie apocalypse isn't zero, it is just one of many disasters that could happen (in theory). Of course the physics as shown in popular TV shows / movies like The Walking Dead, doesn't add up. But who cares - it's TV after all. :laughing:

Personally I think the most silly thing about a zombie apocalypse, is that I don't own a double-barreled shotgun to put to use in the rare chance that one were to occur. :( Or a razor sharp Japanese sword, for that matter.

Agreed. If your ready for world war Z your ready for most scenarios. My thinking is I would rather have it and not need it, you know the rest.