Zweibrüder Light Research

DavidH

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have any of these lights? I read about them on the Equiped to Survive site. http://www.zweibrueder.com/
They now have a US Distributor:

Coast Cutlery Co.
2045 SE Ankeny Street
Portland, OR 97214
Phone: 503-234-4545

The e-mail I received back from them said that the table lamp model will be out in the beginning of next year and that there is no further information on it at this time.

Pierce the Night

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by DavidH:
[QB]Does anyone have any of these lights? I read about them on the Equiped to Survive site. http://www.zweibrueder.com/

Guilty as charged, David. I found mine in a camping goods shop in the Olde Countrye. Over sixteen of their English pounds the man said so, of course, I went deaf till he said £15.

Mine's the delightfully-named 'V8 Photonenpumpe' which I believe is German for 'takes three AG13 button-cells.' However, I bung hearing-aid batteries in mine coz they're cheaper.

Very solid, made of steel (I think) and though not bright it's very, very useful. The pocket clip can be rotated to cover the rubber-covered microswitch, to save accidental switching-on in a crowded bag or pocket (though, personally, I don't bother). The switch is momentary, or click-on if you press a tad harder.

All in all, I like mine a lot; battery-life seems to be measured in geological terms; and because it ain't bright it don't waken my guard-dog when I wander round at night. Or maybe he doesn't bite me coz he thinks I'm being considerate using such a moonlight-like torch.

Hope this helps.

Pierce.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

This is available at Target, a Department store mostly located in the western US (I believe) and under the brand name Eddie Bauer.
LEDLenser%20V12.jpg

See my post entitled Eddie Bauer LED Torch .
I had one. My missus took it. I gotta hide my stuff better.
grin.gif

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pierce the Night:
..... I found mine in a camping goods shop in the Olde Countrye. ..... £15. ....
Hope this helps.

Pierce.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoa, hold on there Pierce T-N !! Come back !!
You, an American, bought a torch - ummm, Flashlight, in the UK (Anyone got a smiley for GASP !! )
shocked.gif

Quote: Hope this helps" (Brit reels in shock)
That's one I want too. Where did you get it, please let me know ......
Oh, let it have been in olde Lundenwic !

lightlover
shocked.gif
blush.gif
wink.gif
shocked.gif

(Oh, PT-N: And not involve any toilto get to it.)

mikep

Enlightened
The online store www.eknifeworks.com is selling lights that look a lot like the LEDlenser lights for $4.99 (red, blue and green only). There is a pull-down menu in the upper-right corner of the homepage that says "Browse the Aisles" where you select "Flashlights and Accessories" then click "go". Odd thing- they say they are "Master Cutlery" brand instead of "Coast".

Pierce the Night

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *something ridiculous:
Whoa, hold on there Pierce T-N !! Come back !!
You, an American, bought a torch - ummm, Flashlight, in the UK (Anyone got a smiley for GASP !! )
shocked.gif

Quote: Hope this helps" (Brit reels in shock)
That's one I want too. Where did you get it, please let me know ......
Oh, let it have been in olde Lundenwic !

lightlover
shocked.gif
blush.gif
wink.gif
shocked.gif

(Oh, PT-N: And not involve any toilto get to it.)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi, Lightlover,
Sorry it's taken me a while to respond. I happened to visit the Olde Englishe hamlet – a tiny type of village, Webster sez – of Milton Keynes, in the county of Buckinghamshire, and found someone'd gone and built a city there. I'd kinda hoped to walk into a village pubbe and find a friendly bar-person there, like that Michael Ripper guy in all those old Hammer films. (You know, the guy who's a publican in a film one week and the friendly village 'bobby' the next – very confusing.) But no such luck; why, the streets are on a grid like in the US, so are all numbered rather than named; but then they intersect with other streets called things like Witan Gate and, get this, Midsummer Boulevard: very odd. The poor place can't really make up its mind what it wants to be: Parisian or American. Me, I woulda suggested British; that's a style you don't get anywhere else. (Now you don't even get it there.)

Anyways, travelogue over. I happened across a camping-goods store called 'Pennine Way,' which the guy told me is named after a short stroll he likes to go on of a weekend (but I think he was taking the rise). I have the receipt here: it's at 405 Secklow Gate East – see what I mean? – Food Centre, MK. Phone him on 01908 669841. I understand prices of the various Zweibruder flashlights he has have since come down. Or you could always go a bit deaf, like I did, till the price sounds right. I might've been a stranger, but he didn't take me in.

Hope this helps. Ring the guy – maybe he does mail-order. Oh, and a tip about Cotswold Outdoor: a UK friend calls them 'rob-dogs.' I don't believe it's meant as a compliment.

Regards,

Pierce.

bluegreen

Newly Enlightened
The Pennine Way goes from Edale in the Peak District to Jedburgh in Scotland, a path of some 200 miles I believe.

I'm not saying that Cotswolds is the best place to visit and certainly not the cheapest but they are on-line. I usually have a browse (in the Real World) whenever I pop down to Betws-y-Coed.