What to do with faulty Lumintop Tool AA

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a Lumintop Tool AA from Amazon with a coupon for 70% off. When I received it, I was impressed with its small size, that it came with both clicky and twisty tailcaps, had square cut threads, came with a glow in the dark diffuser and had a nice wrist lanyard. In low and high it works well, but in medium, it flickers terribly, to the point that it eventually skips to high. Credit to Lumintop-EU, they immediately issued a refund and told me to keep the light. So I have no money at all in this light, but I don't particularly want to keep it, so what do I do? Bin it, or give it away? I've since been told that this issue only affected a single batch of lights, and that all three modes will work correctly if I use 14500 Li-ion, but as a rule, I don't have Li-ions in the house that are the same size as my NiMH cells to avoid accidents.

It's a real shame, because I rate the Lumintop Tool Ti AAA very highly indeed.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can send it to Vinh for an upgraded driver and or LED-email him to let him know what you want & you can rebirth an old but beloved tool into a new custom SkyLumens creation made just for you ...

mckeand13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't give it away. Don't give somebody else a piece of junk that's going to turn them off of "nicer" flashlights.

Mod it.