ARC LS Twisty Question

MikeG1P315

Newly Enlightened
Hey all,

I'm thinking about trying to locate an old school Arc LS, preferably the twisty. Before I run off an post in the WTB section, any thoughts on what kind of prices to expect for one? I don't want to post in the WTB section if the expected "range" is out of my comfort zone.

Thanks for all input!

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was a wonderful light, but the old L1S prices reflect nostalgic, collector value rather than function or performance. Fenix 1xCR123 twisties provide better performance, function, and materials for less, IMHO...

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Comparing an Arc twisty with a Fenix is, to me, like comparing my mint '69 Chevy to an '08 Kia Spectra. The Spectra is "better" and cheaper, but that totally misses the point.

truck2.jpg

arc0003.jpg

mspeterson

Enlightened
I recently bought one in the Marketplace, First Run Twisty w/ 2xAA Twisty tube upgraded with an SSC USWOH LED, used in great shape, for $80. IMHO, I wouldn't trade it for three Fenix lights, but thats just me.....

Powernoodle, excellent post, but the lights are even better!!!

EvilLithiumMan

Enlightened
My guess would be in the range of $125 to $175. I've owned my LSH-P, #2001, since December of 2003. It is still my primary EDC. Since this photo was taken, I have modded mine with a SXOH emitter and obtained an anodized twisty for it.

Twisty3.jpg

I own about 40 lights, from a Raw Orb to a N30 HID. Were I to wake up tomorrow and find them all missing except my Arc LS, I really couldn't care less. But losing this puppy would be hard to take. Arc LS owners know what I'm talkin' about.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arc LSs are true classics. Most unfortunate they aren't to be made again and would have buyers presuming updated electronics and LEDs.:mecry:

Karl